• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Able to deposit my Marriott Timber Lodge into other than II?

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just paid for another year of Interval Int'l because I have two weeks on deposit with them. In the future, if I decide to cancel my membership can I deposit my Marriott Week with another exchange, such as the Grand Pacific group?

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I just paid for another year of Interval Int'l because I have two weeks on deposit with them. In the future, if I decide to cancel my membership can I deposit my Marriott Week with another exchange, such as the Grand Pacific group?
sfx will take it. www.sfxresorts.com. Mixed reviews from tuggers, but I was able to snag a Hilton in Hawaii (with a non-Marriott) so I'm pleased.

There are other places as well, but I'm not familiar with them. DAE and Trading Places International are 2 that come to mind.

Edit: added correct url.

Last edited:

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, we receive a complementary DAE membership with our resale purchases.
We have never used it, but we can do.

NYFLTRAVELER

TUG Member
Reaction score
sfx will take it. www.sfxresorts.com. Mixed reviews from tuggers, but I was able to snag a Hilton in Hawaii (with a non-Marriott) so I'm pleased.

There are other places as well, but I'm not familiar with them. DAE and Trading Places International are 2 that come to mind.

Edit: added correct url.

I never heard of sfx resorts. Do they take deposits of all Marriott properties or just certain ones. Similarly, do they take deposits of Destinations Points or just fixed Marriott weeks?

Bill4728

Reaction score
I never heard of sfx resorts. Do they take deposits of all Marriott properties or just certain ones. Similarly, do they take deposits of Destinations Points or just fixed Marriott weeks?
DC owners get free II with their ownership so IMHO they should use II and not look to a independent trading company like SFX .

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
They salivate for Marriott weeks. I haven't deposited mine (used my non-Marriott TS), but it's in my profile in sfx.

Online exchange system is awful (and I don't think it has all available weeks), but call and a CSR will be extremely courteous and helpful.

vikingsholm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Based on my experience trying to deposit our Marriott Grand Residence weeks, don't assume they will all take it. I assume it's similar for Timber Lodge, which we've only deposited with II to date.

RCI will not take it because they have exclusive agreements that don't include most Marriotts. Grand Pacific group will not allow it either in my experience, because it's a closed system. I have tried both over the phone and been told no.

SFX, DAE, Platinum Interchange, and Trading Places will take it, and as mentioned above, are glad to get high quality units like Timber Lodge. They have a few locations of interest to us that are harder to come by with our II or RCI accounts.

Those are the ones we've tried. I imagine most of the even smaller third party systems will be open to it also, but probably don't have a lot to trade that you'd want if you're looking for an even trade.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I immediately thought of SFX too (no idea about GPX - I'd call them directly). But where would you like to go? Each system has some gems, so I would narrow it down based upon your destination. SFX does get Hilton Hawaii deposits - so if I was thinking about Hawaii I would look there. Trading Places has Club Cascadas and Ocho Cascadas (limited dates) and both are great resorts - so if I wanted those I would consider TPI. But II definitely has the largest inventory, Marriott preference and discounted exchange fees, and the most flexibility (eplus) so I would personally keep it in that exchange company. Plus I see AC's for deposit on the Marriott resorts frequently. You can get a discount on your membership fees if you do a multiple year membership. And platinum is a worthwhile addition to me, but ymmv.

edit: I just thought of one other - Trading Places Maui will take it. Good if you want to exchange into Maui Lea.

Last edited:

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not a DC points member. When I had multiple non Marriott weeks, I used II extensively. I am reluctant to renew with II just for Timber lodge exchange. Exploring other options.
DC owners get free II with their ownership so IMHO they should use II and not look to a independent trading company like SFX .

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
All of the independent's should take it, the only one that might not take smaller units or off season weeks is SFX. But getting something in the independent's can be a challenge. If you're going to exchange it routinely I'd likely stick with II due to the larger volume of business they do and the Marriott trading priority. Some of the systems will do request first in some situation. Timesharing today normally does a yearly edition that gives a lot of side by side comparison of the independent's.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
All of the independent's should take it, the only one that might not take smaller units or off season weeks is SFX. But getting something in the independent's can be a challenge. If you're going to exchange it routinely I'd likely stick with II due to the larger volume of business they do and the Marriott trading priority. Some of the systems will do request first in some situation. Timesharing today normally does a yearly edition that gives a lot of side by side comparison of the independent's.
It looks like SFX will take any Timber Lodge in any season. I added Timber Lodge to my profile and went through the steps to deposit a studio during "low season" on their deposit calculator. The current offer for the deposit was: 1. Deposit is good for 3 years; 2. Bonus week (can be used 1 year out); 3. $1500 in "savings credit" (not what it appears). A 2BR during "high season" yielded the same deposit offer.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

SFX ( originally - San Francisco Exchange ) can get you into Vidanta with only a $75 resort fee .
They have a long time relationship with Vidanta .
SFX is considered stronger with west coast locations .

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like SFX will take any Timber Lodge in any season. I added Timber Lodge to my profile and went through the steps to deposit a studio during "low season" on their deposit calculator. The current offer for the deposit was: 1. Deposit is good for 3 years; 2. Bonus week (can be used 1 year out); 3. $1500 in "savings credit" (not what it appears). A 2BR during "high season" yielded the same deposit offer.
It's not always a yes or no with them, they might take a low season studio next year but not the week after. Still, not a big issue, IMO, as they likely will take it. Generally locations that are more family oriented are where they tend to restrict studios (like Orlando) and they do tend to cherry pick by demand and resort rating which is essentially their setup.