• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Nanea - observations

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Thanks for the reply. Here are two questions: 1. In Westin Nanea, which one is easier to rent out, 1BR or 2BR (both resort view) villa? 2. You said you used Redweek to rent yours out, I have used Redweek too but never used TUG to rent out. Any insights about the pros and cons using Redweek as opposed using TUG to rent Westin Nanea weeks? Look forward to any replies.

I've rented units using each. No reason not to advertise in both; it increases your exposure at minimal price.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Just a little more information. Just got back from our stay at Nanea and a presentation. They are currently at 47% filled (though the second time I inquired later on in the presentation, he bumped it to 50% filled).

Do you mean 47/50% sold?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BeefyToes

Reaction score
Nanea has 1, 2 and 3 bedroom units. Most are 2 bedroom. One-bedroom units are hard to come by.

Also, their bedrooms do not have lockoffs so a one bedroom is only a one bedroom, their two is only a two, etc. I enjoyed their 2 bedroom stay (went in late August). The developer pricing is just really steep especially for a non-manadatory resort.

Vacationgoer

Reaction score
I have two weeks (each, 2 bedroom villa) of Westin Nanea to be rented in July 2019. As of now, it seems there are 3 options to post them:
1. Redweek
2. TUG
3. VRBO
Which one would be most recommended for a Hawaii/Maui week in July? Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Hi Robert, did use Redweek or TUG or VBRO to rent them out?

I don't own Nanea so I have never rented it out. I have rented out other Hawaii units with TUG and Redweek.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
VRBO is significantly more expensive, and the rental rules favor the renter. Personally, I wouldn't use it.

I use both Redweek and TUG.

divenski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a map or doc which shows where the 2-br OF units are located at Nanea? My understanding is that there are only eight of them, and based on the room floorplans and pictures, it looks to me that they are the N/S front corner units of Bldg 4. This means they are set back and look over the main pool area and including some rooftops. But I don't which info is accurate. TIA

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It may take a little work to decipher this map - it looks like there are 10 2bd. OF, in Bldg. 4, and 6 2bd. OF, in Bldg. 8.

nanea.resort.map.jpg

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Based on the resort map - it looks as if the 2Bd OF are in 1x14, 4x10 and 8x10.
Not sure how B6 would be OF.
B4 OF rooms look like they are only the top 3-4 floors - so that would only be 15-16 2Bd OF Villas.

fb68a5be8873dbc21d34aed309ecc0c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were in Building 2 on the outside. Although not tecnically OF, had a nice side view of the ocean.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I think the discussion was on the 2Bd villas that were designated as OF.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Based on those maps, it appears that the 3 Bdrm OF and the 2 Bdrm Center OF have fabulous views. Others, not so much. However the OF at the end of Bldg 4 are probably similar to the OF at Hyatt Kaanapali that over look the pool then the ocean.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
The hallways at Nanea would be a great setting for a horror movie.

the person that choose the carpets and wall color should not be in the design profession.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
They really need a more quiet method for the Shuttle turnaround- that beeping reverberates throughout the entire section of Nanea in that area - especially with the parking structure.

Last edited:

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR

the person that choose the carpets and wall color should not be in the design profession.

The person who designed the entire resort should be fired!

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

For what it's worth, we were told the carpets in the hallways represent the different colors of sand on the island.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
For what it's worth, we were told the carpets in the hallways represent the different colors of sand on the island.

It is not the carpets - the painting scheme clashes (esp with doors as same color as walls - same color as carpets) and lighting is odd.
Walking down our hall has a weird optical illusion effect often used in horror movies, or dream sequences.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Based on the resort map - it looks as if the 2Bd OF are in 1x14, 4x10 and 8x10.
Not sure how B6 would be OF.

Sorry - I wasn't very clear and I edited my post above: The map I posted was given to a 3 bdm. OF owner at the time of purchase - not sure if things have changed since then, but according to the map:

Bldg. 1 - the OF units are all 3 bdm.
Bldg. 4 - 10 units, 2Bd. OF (2nd floor and higher?)
Bldg. 8 - 6 units, 2Bd. OF (not Bldg. 6)

It would be strange if they gave owners a map at purchase, and then made material changes later, but you know sales people...

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
They really need a more quiet method for the Shuttle turnaround- that beeping reverberates throughout the entire section of Nanea in that area - especially with the parking structure.

Yah, not sure why they don't just use the porte corchere to loop around instead of going to the end of the road by the park, and then backup and turn around

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Sorry - I wasn't very clear and I edited my post above: The map I posted was given to a 3 bdm. OF owner at the time of purchase - not sure if things have changed since then, but according to the map:

Bldg. 1 - the OF units are all 3 bdm.
Bldg. 4 - 10 units, 2Bd. OF (2nd floor and higher?)
Bldg. 8 - 6 units, 2Bd. OF (not Bldg. 6)

It would be strange if they gave owners a map at purchase, and then made material changes later, but you know sales people...

The CCRs will list the exact units and types.

I looked tonight - based on floor plans (balconies) - the 2 true OF buildings look like the 3Bds are on corners and the 2Bd in center. The balconies are 2-1-2 with the 2Bd having a single balcony.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Lots of sandy browns
d103dc0d37cf52d3e7932ba83e95a1d6.jpg

with sandy brown doors
90ec363ac737c0eb1742bc81fcba8b06.jpg

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
LOL David. I thought that the WKORV-N hallways were long...Can't imagine hauling our snorkel gear down that hallway!