• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How long for LT status to show up in/on Marriott account?

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
With the 75K Marriott rewards points from the SPG Amex hitting my account a few days ago, I have finally crossed over the 1.6mil points and 500 nights needed for LT Gold Elite under the old Marriott requirements. This should put me at LT Platinum Elite under the new system.

Does anyone know how long it will take for the Life Time Platinum Elite status to show up on my status online or in Marriott's computers? My current status is already Platinum because of the conversion from Gold to Platinum, but my LT status still shows Gold.

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They update "lifetime" status once a year (usually by early January).

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

Only once a year? Oh how I miss Starwood/SPG when it would be updated a few days after hitting the threshold.

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Only once a year? Oh how I miss Starwood/SPG when it would be updated a few days after hitting the threshold.
At that point, you already have the benefits... just not the "lifetime" notation on your profile. So you're not missing out on anything.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks. That's good to know.

Like many others have noted here, Marriott has already changed my current Gold status to Platinum and have converted my LT 10 years of Gold to 10 years of Platinum. At worst I will most likely cross the 600 nights threshold to make LT platinum with the new system. Of course I didn't know this new criteria (600 and 10) months ago when I started the quest.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
My lifetime years status hasn't updated either. I'm not lifetime anything, but I did make Gold for the first time in 2018. However, the page that shows how many years I've been Elite hasn't changed to reflect I'm now Gold. My current status shows as Gold, but the Lifetime page only shows years at Silver, no years at Gold or above, and the total number of years is the same as it was in 2018. So, I'm assuming they haven't updated their counters yet.

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Lots of chatter on flyertalk.com. Marriott reps have told many that the process is underway and is supposed to be completed by end of January.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Lots of chatter on flyertalk.com. Marriott reps have told many that the process is underway and is supposed to be completed by end of January.

That's good to know. It doesn't mean much for me, since I'm a long way from Lifetime anything, but my wife is Lifetime Silver with 681 nights and six years at Gold or above. So the next time they increment the years counter, she should have 7 years at Gold or better and that will be enough for Lifetime Gold. Then we just have to figure out how to get her to 50 nights for the next three years to get to 10 years at Platinum for Lifetime Platinum. Shouldn't be a problem for 2019 as we have 21 nights of timeshares booked, plus her business travel and credit card nights. My concern is if she retires or goes part time in 2020, we have to figure out a way to get to 50 nights for 2020 and 2021 with less or no business travel.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's good to know. It doesn't mean much for me, since I'm a long way from Lifetime anything, but my wife is Lifetime Silver with 681 nights and six years at Gold or above. So the next time they increment the years counter, she should have 7 years at Gold or better and that will be enough for Lifetime Gold. Then we just have to figure out how to get her to 50 nights for the next three years to get to 10 years at Platinum for Lifetime Platinum. Shouldn't be a problem for 2019 as we have 21 nights of timeshares booked, plus her business travel and credit card nights. My concern is if she retires or goes part time in 2020, we have to figure out a way to get to 50 nights for 2020 and 2021 with less or no business travel.

Depending on your ownership level, couldn't you change with MVCI and put her name on all the ressies and as the primary owner? Then she would be a base status in Bonvoy. For me with presidential, I get Platinum Premier. Once I reach lifetime platinum, in a year or 2, I'll be doing that for her so she can get lifetime statuses.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Depending on your ownership level, couldn't you change with MVCI and put her name on all the ressies and as the primary owner? Then she would be a base status in Bonvoy. For me with presidential, I get Platinum Premier. Once I reach lifetime platinum, in a year or 2, I'll be doing that for her so she can get lifetime statuses.
This is effectively what we did a year or so back now, as soon as I became Lifetime Platinum then Lifetime Platinum Premier presumably soon to be Lifetime Titanium?
We switched the named Primary owner for our MVC account to my wife, who had no previous MR Elite status and is now Platinum Premier through the owner benefit.
So this is certainly possible and very useful.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is effectively what we did a year or so back now, as soon as I became Lifetime Platinum then Lifetime Platinum Premier presumably soon to be Lifetime Titanium?
We switched the named Primary owner for our MVC account to my wife, who had no previous MR Elite status and is now Platinum Premier through the owner benefit.
So this is certainly possible and very useful.

It really doesn't hurt anything I can tell. And you can always transfer points between her account and your account so they are centralized in one place.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World

She is already the primary on our Marriott ownership and gets the nights credit for all of our timeshare stays. She qualified for Platinum Premier (Titanium) this past year with 75+ nights, so once they give her credit for 2018 in her Lifetime statistics, she'll have 7 years, which should be good enough for Lifetime Gold. With 21 timeshare nights scheduled in 2019, plus 15 from the credit card, plus four scheduled hotel nights for vacations, she'll only need 10 business nights in 2019 to get the 50 nights needed keep at least Platinum and add one more year to our total (bringing us to 8, I presume). The issue will come in 2020, when we won't have as many timeshare nights, and if she's retired or working part time then, it may be tough to get to 50 nights with less business travel. We'll be going back to Hawaii in 2021 for at least 2-3 weeks in MVC, so we should be able to get to 50 then. It's 2020 that might be the issue. She has the nights for Lifetime Platinum, we just need four more years (three after they update the counter - hopefully soon). Our ownership level doesn't get us anything in Bonvoy, since we are just a standard owner (our EOY Maui week isn't enrolled).

Assuming we can get her to 10 years at Platinum or better in a few years and earn Lifetime Platinum, then we'll probably switch our ownership to my Bonvoy number so I can at least keep Gold most years with our timeshare stays.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
She is already the primary on our Marriott ownership and gets the nights credit for all of our timeshare stays. She qualified for Platinum Premier (Titanium) this past year with 75+ nights, so once they give her credit for 2018 in her Lifetime statistics, she'll have 7 years, which should be good enough for Lifetime Gold. With 21 timeshare nights scheduled in 2019, plus 15 from the credit card, plus four scheduled hotel nights for vacations, she'll only need 10 business nights in 2019 to get the 50 nights needed keep at least Platinum and add one more year to our total (bringing us to 8, I presume). The issue will come in 2020, when we won't have as many timeshare nights, and if she's retired or working part time then, it may be tough to get to 50 nights with less business travel. We'll be going back to Hawaii in 2021 for at least 2-3 weeks in MVC, so we should be able to get to 50 then. It's 2020 that might be the issue. She has the nights for Lifetime Platinum, we just need four more years (three after they update the counter - hopefully soon). Our ownership level doesn't get us anything in Bonvoy, since we are just a standard owner (our EOY Maui week isn't enrolled).

Assuming we can get her to 10 years at Platinum or better in a few years and earn Lifetime Platinum, then we'll probably switch our ownership to my Bonvoy number so I can at least keep Gold most years with our timeshare stays.

Do you not have any points or enrolled weeks? Your signature says you do, you (DW) get a status based on that, what status does that grant you? Platinum? That counts for lifetime. I have 8 years of platinum status, with almost no stays. It's from MVCI.

Last edited:

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Do you not have any points or enrolled weeks? Your signature says you do, you get a status based on that, what status does that grant you? Platinum?

We have points and one enrolled week, but the total is only 3375, so we're just "Owner" level, which just qualifies us for Gold. Our goal is Lifetime Platinum, so the MVC Owner level doesn't help us. We would have to get to Select to get Platinum.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Lifetime elite status finally updated this past weekend.
Reached LT Gold (last October) in the legacy program and now shows LT Plat in the new system.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
They rewarded me~ I now can’t get into my account
There were so many posts about updates I checked yesterday morning and saw Lifetime Gold (which I’ve been) and Plat. Premiere Elite and then on another page saw Plat Premire Lifetime ( which would have been nice but was only at 9 years rather than 10 at Pkat.) so I tried signing in last night to check and am locked out.
Guess I’ll have to call them tomorrow.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
One it appears how long does it take to disappear. I am a lifetime platinum and a platinum premier elite in 18 and again in 19. I called to see why my upgrade certificates are not in my account. During the conversation I also asked to check on my lifetime status. I was told I did not achieve lifetime status though he may have meant I was not showing a lifetime status. He did show the history of having 600 nights and 2.6M points and I was lifetime platinum but couldn't answer what happened. He also didn't know why the upgrade certificates are not in my account. I feel so much better now knowing two case numbers were opened to find out the answer to both questions. It will get fixed no doubt but the real question is how did it get broken.. again.

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
One it appears how long does it take to disappear. I am a lifetime platinum and a platinum premier elite in 18 and again in 19. I called to see why my upgrade certificates are not in my account. During the conversation I also asked to check on my lifetime status. I was told I did not achieve lifetime status though he may have meant I was not showing a lifetime status. He did show the history of having 600 nights and 2.6M points and I was lifetime platinum but couldn't answer what happened. He also didn't know why the upgrade certificates are not in my account. I feel so much better now knowing two case numbers were opened to find out the answer to both questions. It will get fixed no doubt but the real question is how did it get broken.. again.
Are you speaking of Suite Night Awards? If you are and didn't select them they will show up in early February. I think the deadline for selecting the 50 night gift was extended to, February 7th. SNAs are the default gift if you don't make a choice.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
Are you speaking of Suite Night Awards? If you are and didn't select them they will show up in early February. I think the deadline for selecting the 50 night gift was extended to, February 7th. SNAs are the default gift if you don't make a choice.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
You are correct, I am talking about SNA's. I was told by Marriott that Jan 5th was the decision date and the default is SNA that will be in the account soon after. Assuming you are correct, my only issue understanding how the lifetime disappeared. Thanks....one less thing to think about.

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately many of the reps that answer calls are not trained properly but that is an entirely different discussion. They gave you incorrect information to being with. The deadline for selection was January 15th and that was extended to February 7th. When I called to inquire why I was not able to actually make a selection I was told, "sorry you missed the deadline, you don't get any benefit." I sent him on his way to a supervisor who gave him the correct information.

You should see them in your account shortly!