• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Why do you think SurfWatch seems to be the highest priced Marriott's on HHI?

ahdah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's SurfWatch Brewster Green Marriott's SurfWatch
I own a platinum week at SurfWatch and am looking to buy another platinum week. I have been checking RedWeed and TUG. It seems that SW is now higher than GO. Why do you think this has happened. Do you think they might go down as we near the 2019 payments or do you think they could continue to rise? Don't want to buy too quickly as I don't have to have it for 2019. Just want to purchase if you think they will continue to rise?
Thanks in advance.

disneymom1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Ocean, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Manor Club Sequel
Most of the Surfwatch platinum resales currently on Redweek are 3 bedrooms units. Grande Ocean units are all 2 bedrooms. Perhaps this could account for the higher Surfwatch prices?

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I also feel it is higher because this was the last Marriott's timeshare built on HHI; it has more 3 bedrooms villas onsite; plus it has more green space land available than all the others Marriott's HHI property.

ahdah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's SurfWatch Brewster Green Marriott's SurfWatch
Disneymom1 and pedro47, you are probably right. I used to own at GO and now I prefer SurfWatch just because of what you said, newest and more space around the property. I may have to bite the bullet. The 3 bedroom sure does make a difference. We had 9 in our unit this summer with lots of room and no out dated huge tub in the master.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
It's simple, because SurfWatch is the best.

:D

Sorry, can't resist the plug for my absolute favorite resort. But I'd guess the difference you're seeing is what others are saying, that the size of the units - 3BR v. 2BR - can't be equally compared.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disneymom1 and pedro47, you are probably right. I used to own at GO and now I prefer SurfWatch just because of what you said, newest and more space around the property. I may have to bite the bullet. The 3 bedroom sure does make a difference. We had 9 in our unit this summer with lots of room and no out dated huge tub in the master.

You've probably already considered this but remember, SW's 2- and 3-BR units are all non-lockoffs so if you do buy another Plat week and end up owning one of each size, you'll definitely have to change units if you book a consecutive two-week stay (and same if you end up owning two weeks with different view types, which is our situation.)

I actually enjoy having to change units at SW during consecutive-week stays for a couple reasons - it's nice to start a week with a completely-refreshed unit, and, it's nice to be able to enjoy the different perspectives of SW's unique natural setting. It's really not all that much of an inconvenience, either, because they let you stay in the first unit until the next is ready even if it's later than the stated check-out time. We just pack up in the morning, leave the stuff in the unit while we hang around the resort/beach waiting for the call, then grab a luggage cart and move. Easy-peasy.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You've probably already considered this but remember, SW's 2- and 3-BR units are all non-lockoffs so if you do buy another Plat week and end up owning one of each size, you'll definitely have to change units if you book a consecutive two-week stay (and same if you end up owning two weeks with different view types, which is our situation.)

I actually enjoy having to change units at SW during consecutive-week stays for a couple reasons - it's nice to start a week with a completely-refreshed unit, and, it's nice to be able to enjoy the different perspectives of SW's unique natural setting. It's really not all that much of an inconvenience, either, because they let you stay in the first unit until the next is ready even if it's later than the stated check-out time. We just pack up in the morning, leave the stuff in the unit while we hang around the resort/beach waiting for the call, then grab a luggage cart and move. Easy-peasy.
Staying in the first unit until the next is ready is the key.
Some owners have reported at other resorts having to check out of the first unit by 10:00 and wait to check in to the second unit until 16:00.
We have never encountered that anywhere, but that would be a real pain.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Some owners have reported at other resorts having to check out of the first unit by 10:00 and wait to check in to the second unit until 16:00.

Yep, I don't know why the other areas with Marriott timeshares nearby to each other don't offer the same thing, but it's a coordinated effort among all eight resorts on Hilton Head Island.

Reactions: jme

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Except at Hilton Head, we have always been forced to have a time break when changing units at a resort or within an area. Hilton Head has solved this problem, but we have never done better than a one hour delay in check-out until 11 a.m. at another MVCI resort, and even that seldom happens any more. We have changed rooms at only a few resorts, however, including Manor Club, Maui Ocean Club and Ko Olina Beach Club. I really appreciate the Hilton Head approach and if they can do it with 8 different resorts, it would seem that others should be able to do it also, at least within the same resort.

Reactions: jme

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club II
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg
We were able to stay in our Coral Sands unit in the Coligny area of Hilton Head until our Coral Sands Island Link unit in Port Royal was ready. It does make turn over less painful.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Isn't SW platinum 3BR also the lowest destination point per maintenance fee cost in the entire MVC system?