• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Switching MVC primary name and upcoming reservations

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our MVC account has me as the primary account holder and its associated Marriott Rewards number.

We have a bunch of reservations already made for next year, all under my name - MVC and Rewards.

I am counting on getting the new Lifetime Platinum at year end with Marriott's grandfather status of nights + points (I will have 2M pts + 505 Marriott nights, and separately I have 105 SPG nights). Even if that fails for who knows what reason, I am currently at 8 years of Platinum and I have more than 50 nights this year, which will make it 9 years of Platinum at year end. If Marriott actually holds back on giving me Lifetime Platinum, I have enough nights planned for next year to make 10 years of Platinum with more than 600 nights to get Platinum Lifetime.

Anyway, that aside and assuming I do get Lifetime Platinum, I am thinking of switching MVC primary account name to my husband so that he has Platinum Premier starting from next Feb (?) or so. My question is that all 2019 reservations are under my name and I would hate to lose the extra 25% in spending for Platinum Premier if I am unable to switch the reservations and Rewards # from my name to his. These are MVC and Marriott rewards reservations.

For those who have done the name switch, have you been able to switch MVC and Marriott rewards reservation to "the other" name?

Thank you.

dualrated2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina, Waiohai, Grand Chateau, Desert Springs Villas, Willow Ridge
Your SPG Platinum years should add to your Marriott Platinum years when you combine so you should be good there.

We did the MVC name switch about five years ago and I believe we couldn't change the existing reservations so you might be out of luck in that regard. Worth a try though.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those who have done the name switch, have you been able to switch MVC and Marriott rewards reservation to "the other" name?

So, on Marriott.com, if you go to "My Trips" and the trip does show up, you will get credit. If it does not show up, you should be able to click "Search Reservations" and enter the details, and, pull it into your account. I pushed a couple of reservations in my name and MR account into my wifes account, obviously the name was different. Or is this not what you are speaking of?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So, on Marriott.com, if you go to "My Trips" and the trip does show up, you will get credit. If it does not show up, you should be able to click "Search Reservations" and enter the details, and, pull it into your account. I pushed a couple of reservations in my name and MR account into my wifes account, obviously the name was different. Or is this not what you are speaking of?
Nope. All my trips are there.

I am thinking of making my husband's name in MVC as primary at end of this year but all 2018 and 2019 reservations have been made from my accounts - MVC, Marriott Rewards and II. I wonder if these 2019 reservations can be switched to his name and rewards number.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points

I am thinking of making my husband's name in MVC as primary at end of this year but all 2018 and 2019 reservations have been made from my accounts - MVC, Marriott Rewards and II. I wonder if these 2019 reservations can be switched to his name and rewards number.
You can likely switch most of them to his rewards number at check in, but its not likely worth the hassle of trying to get them all flipped over to his MR # now. For any reward ressie's, those likely cannot be moved.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can likely switch most of them to his rewards number at check in, but its not likely worth the hassle of trying to get them all flipped over to his MR # now. For any reward ressie's, those likely cannot be moved.
We are thinking that to be safe we will only switch to his name end of next year to guarantee my 10 years of Platinum in case Marriott Rewards messes up my Lifetime status at end of this year.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score

Hmm, but that's what I said, I switched my reservations from my name and my MR account to my wifes via the technique shown a few months back, they now show in her MR account and not mine. Assuming it still works on the new site.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmm, but that's what I said, I switched my reservations from my name and my MR account to my wifes via the technique shown a few months back, they now show in her MR account and not mine. Assuming it still works on the new site.
Ah, I re-read your post, yes I think that will work. Thanks.