• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Bliss vs Grande Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta

Landron

Reaction score
Hello all,

My wife, mother in law, and baby daughter are debating going to either a two bedroom suite at the grand bliss or two bedroom suite at the grande luxxe in Nuevo Vallarta. Which one would be best for us? My wife loves the beach and an ocean view and the proximity to everything seems to push for grand bliss (especially considering my daugter will be 8 months when we go), but it seems counterintuitive if the grande luxxe is the top end of the food chain. Would we regret turning down the grand luxxe to go grand bliss?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
If you’re exchanging in it’s unlikely that you’d get an ocean view in either, though they might offer that as an inducement to attend a sales presentation. The Grand Luxxe units are nicer, as you’d expect, and give you access to additional pools and beach area that the Grand Bliss doesn’t. In my opinion for exchanging in the costs are so close that it’s definitely worth going for the Grand Luxxe; there’s much more of a distinction in the prices if you own and book through Vidanta or rent from an owner.

That’s really only applicable to NV; in RM they haven’t been letting exchangers into either the Grand Luxxe pool or the Beach Club, so the only difference boils down to the unit you’re in. They’re still quite nice, of course, but the difference between Luxxe and Bliss is closer without the additional access to amenities. That was earlier this year, so it’s possible they’ll come to their senses and let exchangers use the other facilities sometime in the future.

Landron

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, weare exchanging in, so good to know views would be limited. What about proximity to the beach and more restaurants? Would Grand Bliss be closer? With an 8 month old I’m just wondering if it’ll feel like a trek to get anywhere if I’m at the Grand Luxxe. Especially if we’re at the beach and the kid has a tantrum or we need to get back to the room quickly.

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
.....What about proximity to the beach and more restaurants? Would Grand Bliss be closer? With an 8 month old I’m just wondering if it’ll feel like a trek to get anywhere if I’m at the Grand Luxxe. Especially if we’re at the beach and the kid has a tantrum or we need to get back to the room quickly.

There is only one Grand Bliss building - so you will know your location now .
There 5 or 6 Grand Luxxe and some are further from the beach / and you won’t know which building until check in .

The GB building is more to the centre of the property . The GL are closer to rhe Ameca River .
( The 5 Grand Mayan Buildings are at the other end )

The resort fee’s are the same for all brands / by unit size ( number of bedrooms) .

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Neither is all that close to the beach unless you get into GL Punta, which is quite tough as an exchange. I’ve heard of folks getting it when they’ve exchanged into a villa, though.

There are more restaurants close to Grand Bliss, as is the store. Of course, some are closer to Grand Luxxe, though it depends on the building.

When are you heading down there? Have you been there before?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One other thing to mention; the GB building is adjacent to Santuario, which is where they have shows every night. I’ve heard some folks complain about the noise in the evenings through about 11 or so on the landward side of the building facing it. I haven’t stayed there myself, but it might be a consideration, too.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There 5 or 6 Grand Luxxe and some are further from the beach / and you won’t know which building until check in .

The GB building is more to the centre of the property . The GL are closer to rhe Ameca River .

The resort fee’s are the same for all brands / by unit size ( number of bedrooms) .

They’re up to 7 GL buildings with an eighth one going in now. If it’s an exchange into a 2 BR suite, it could be any of them except for Punta or the Residence tower; I’m not sure about tower 6, but it’s not open yet anyway.

Landron

Reaction score
We’re heading there in December. Never been before and it’ll be our first real vacation in a couple years, so looking forward to it. Grand Bliss might not actually be available to us so I guess it sounds like the Grand Luxxe it is. Thanks for all the helpful info!

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
There is a great kiddie pool / splash area as part of the Grand Mayan pool complex which is close to the Grand Bliss. Not sure if there is anything like that in the Luxxe area.

Kurt

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The pool by GL tower 4 has a kids club adjacent to it with its own splash area.

Suncoast

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Vidanta Mayan Palace

Suncoast

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Vidanta Mayan Palace
Oops..
We have a reservation through an owner of a 2bed gluxxe villa, we choose to have a 2 bed gbliss plus 1 bed gbliss as an alternative. We have access to their golf and massage. Would you or anyone happen to know if we get access to gluxxe pools. (It was a gluxxe reservation fee that we paid) this is for NV

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don’t think you’ll have access to the GL pools while staying in GB. Sometimes they hook up owners if they downgraded because no room was available & sometimes they’ll bargain for doing a sales presentation, but the general rule is that access is by where you’re staying. The key would be if Vidanta got the higher fee, not the owner.

Suncoast

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Vidanta Mayan Palace
Thanks, we did pay the higher Gluxxe villa fee straight to vidanta so just not sure how that was going to look, bracelet wise.

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
In reality, what you can use depends on what the reservation people decide at the time; it shouldn't be that way but it is.

However, when you rent from an owner, you should get all the perks the owner has; you do need a letter from the owner that states you are using his/her membership and you are allowed to use all their perks. I own at the villa and have frequently downgraded to the GB. They give me a GB bracelet at checkin; I then go over to a GL building and tell them I am using my full GL fee even though I am staying at the GB. They then switch out the bracelets; so far, it has always worked and should since I paid the full up fee - but as I said before, you are really at the mercy of what they decide to do.

Mike

Suncoast

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Vidanta Mayan Palace
In reality, what you can use depends on what the reservation people decide at the time; it shouldn't be that way but it is.

However, when you rent from an owner, you should get all the perks the owner has; you do need a letter from the owner that states you are using his/her membership and you are allowed to use all their perks. I own at the villa and have frequently downgraded to the GB. They give me a GB bracelet at checkin; I then go over to a GL building and tell them I am using my full GL fee even though I am staying at the GB. They then switch out the bracelets; so far, it has always worked and should since I paid the full up fee - but as I said before, you are really at the mercy of what they decide to do.

Mike
Great info, thanks so much everyone.

Suncoast

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Vidanta Mayan Palace
@mikenk, coud you tell me if it’s possible to have 2 adults sleep in the den in the villa?

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
@mikenk, coud you tell me if it’s possible to have 2 adults sleep in the den in the villa?

The Den in the Villa has a sofa bed. There are 2 bedrooms with King beds, pull-out sofas in LR and then the sofa bed in the Lock-out side.

This floor plan is from their website. The lock-out is on the left side.

1bf066b0-a0c6-6983-cf6d-da3dc5d3c728

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
One other thing to mention; the GB building is adjacent to Santuario, which is where they have shows every night. I’ve heard some folks complain about the noise in the evenings through about 11 or so on the landward side of the building facing it. I haven’t stayed there myself, but it might be a consideration, too.

I have stayed on the side overlooking Sanctuario. Yes, the sound of that as well as the laser show by Gong can be heard from the rooms. It was upbeat music, I liked it, but if you want dead quiet in the evening, it could be a problem.

The beach is a haul from Grand Bliss and most of Grand Luxxe. For that matter, it's also a haul from half of the Grand Mayan buildings. The towers are set back from the beach, so that is what it is. If you're at Luxxe, you could take the shuttle to Tower 1 for a shorter walk to the Luxxe pool and its portion of the beach. If you are at Bliss, well, you're going to get lots of exercise.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for confirming that about GB NV!