• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trading Into Spain

DB-Wis

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to use a couple of weeks (Canyon Villas) banked with Interval to get consecutive weeks at one of the Marriott timeshares in southern Spain in 2020 (advance planner here). I'm curious whether any of you have had recent success in securing a trade into Spain through Interval. If you have, I'm curious what you traded and what kind of week (i.e., time of year) you got.

I'm trying to get a feel for whether this kind of trade is possible.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Over the years, we have traded into both Marbella Beach Resort and Playa Andaluza (as well as Club Son Antem) using
Phuket Beach Club 2 Bed Platinum
Grand Chateau 2 Bed Platinum (also individually Master and Guest Suites)
St Kitts 2 Bed Gold
we have also cross traded our own Spain resort weeks to others and booked Interval Getaways there.
Having your request in so early will certainly be very helpful, although your success rate is likely to depend very much on whether you are seeking high season or not.

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
It depends on the time of year. There is lots of availability at the Spanish Marriotts and on Airbnb up through mid-March. Then the tourists begin to descend, and everything changes, including car rental prices. Spanish even seems to become a second language on the Benalmadena coast. We head for the hills then. Many of the small towns are delightful.

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
We are wait listed for late July--sales lie but when we did an update at FC were told high chance to get it. Apparently a lot of owners in UK own in
Spain due to how close it is but now with more resorts are venturning to places other than US--since owners don't have to turn in their units till end of September that is likely when units will show up. We called to get on waitlist at the first day we could call. Guess we will see!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
Very difficult during school holidays. You can pretty much forget late July and August. Reasonable availability in low season.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not wishing to deter you, but late July and August are typically very hot and very busy at and especially around these Spanish resorts.

Last edited:

DB-Wis

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not wishing to deter you, but late July and August are typically very hot and very busy at and especially around these Spanish resorts.
Thanks to everyone who responded. I know better than to try in July and August. We will probably focus on April, May or late September/early October. From what I've read, the weather is warm during those periods, but not hot, and I'm hoping the prospects for a trade might be a little higher. If anyone has thoughts about trades during those periods, I'd welcome your response.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We started talking about Spain in 2020. Nothing definite yet.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who responded. I know better than to try in July and August. We will probably focus on April, May or late September/early October. From what I've read, the weather is warm during those periods, but not hot, and I'm hoping the prospects for a trade might be a little higher. If anyone has thoughts about trades during those periods, I'd welcome your response.
We were in Marbella this April and it was wonderful, people there the week before us though said there had been a lot of rain so it is unpredictable. I would go for May for a better chance of good weather.
Late September/early October should also be more predictable, we are normally in Majorca then.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
W

We were in Andaluza last half of May this year and it was wonderful weather. Did not see any rain.

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to use a couple of weeks (Canyon Villas) banked with Interval to get consecutive weeks at one of the Marriott timeshares in southern Spain in 2020 (advance planner here). I'm curious whether any of you have had recent success in securing a trade into Spain through Interval. If you have, I'm curious what you traded and what kind of week (i.e., time of year) you got.

I'm trying to get a feel for whether this kind of trade is possible.

Thanks for asking. I have a similar plan and (had) a similar question. April or May 2020 is my preference, but Bob Park advises (here and elsewhere) before April 1 if one wants Marbella via II.

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very difficult during school holidays. You can pretty much forget late July and August. Reasonable availability in low season.

@DB-Wis Here are Marriott's dates for the seasons. The points (last column) are for a 1BR at Marbella, but the date ranges are the same at Playa Andaluz.

Jan04 - Feb14 .. 1,700
Feb15 - Feb28 .. 2,050
Mar01 - Mar28 .. 1,700
Mar29 - Apr11 .. 2,050
Apr12 - Apr25 .. 2,100 (Easter)
Apr26 - May23 .. 2,050
May24 - Jun06 .. 3,125
Jun07 - Jul18 .. 2,325
Jul19 - Aug01 .. 3,125
Aug02 - Aug15 .. 3,750
Aug16 - Sep26 .. 3,125
Sep27 - Nov21 .. 2,325
Nov22 - Jan02 .. 1,700

[EDIT:] Even better might be these two links:
http://www.marriottvacationsworldwi...r/Marriott's_Marbella_Beach_Club_Calendar.pdf

http://www.marriottvacationsworldwi...Marriott's_Playa_Andaluza_Resort_Calendar.pdf

Source:
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/marriott-resort-calendars.137868/page-2#post-2139991

Last edited:

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is not unusual for Interval Getaways to be available for both Southern Spain resorts up until March and sometimes April too.
Mostly, these might be for Playa Andaluza studios, but there will also be some 1, 2 and occasionally even 3 Bed units at both Playa and Marbella.
It is too early for 2020 but there is a 30th March 2019 Getaway in a Playa Studio showing right now (£280 with Platinum discount, I am not sure of the standard member rate or $ equivalent)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Be aware that there are school half term holidays in October and the Spanish resorts are very busy during that time. We typically stay at Playa Andaluza during Easter which is relatively busy, Son Antem in the May/June half term which is very busy, August is elsewhere and October half term back in Mallorca. The weather is best in May/June but October has always been very pleasant, still pool and sunbathing weather.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

April isn’t hard to get - https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/spain-marriotts-in-march-easy-trade.254958/#post-1997401

Note: November thru March is typically available via Exchange and Getaway

Reaction score
Resorts Owned