• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Platinum Renewal: Targeted Offer - 2 for 1, 6 for 3

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
This is a targeted offer aimed at some current II Platinum members...

Almost 2 years ago, I purchased II Platinum when they ran a 2 for 1 special. It was cheaper than purchasing 2 years of Gold. Today, I called and asked if they had any specials. Sure enough, they were offering 2 for 1 on Platinum renewals for targeted Platinum members.

I purchased it and told the CSR I'd buy more years if I could. She put me on hold and returned with great news. I could purchase additional years at the same discount. I purchased 6 years of Platinum for 3 ($139 x3). $69.50/year...Gold is $89. It's even (slightly) cheaper per year with the discounted yearly rate for 5 years of Gold.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

Almost 2 years ago, I purchased II Platinum when they ran a 2 for 1 special. It was cheaper than purchasing 2 years of Gold. Today, I called and asked if they had any specials. Sure enough, they were offering 2 for 1 on Platinum renewals for targeted Platinum members.

I purchased it and told the CSR I'd buy more years if I could. She put me on hold and returned with great news. I could purchase additional years at the same discount. I purchased 6 years of Platinum for 3 ($139 x3). $69.50/year...Gold is $89. It's even (slightly) cheaper per year with the discounted yearly rate for 5 years of Gold.

Good luck!
Whereas everyone knows how much I love II, it is times like this that I get mad at them. Their number one loyal fan is not happy right now, just not fair, bad public relations to not offer the same to all of us. This is what I can get...
“ There currently is a 5 year renewal offer to extend your
Interval Platinum membership for $506.00. This offer applies a $50.00
discount off of the regular price of $556.00.”

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Sorry to hear.

When I arrived home today, I had a mailer from II informing me that I could get 2 for 1. My call was just lucky timing on my part. Maybe I should get a lottery ticket.

Yuz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few primarily in Western USA
I just called II and got the same deal as my current Plat service was ending next month. Key appears to go ahead and purchase the 2 year offering at $139.00. After you pay mention you would be willing to renew for longer if possible and they can use the same card provided. After a brief hold they did the 2 year option 3 times so got extended the 6 years at $69.50 per year. Sweet. Best of luck on your experience.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just called II and got the same deal as my current Plat service was ending next month. Key appears to go ahead and purchase the 2 year offering at $139.00. After you pay mention you would be willing to renew for longer if possible and they can use the same card provided. After a brief hold they did the 2 year option 3 times so got extended the 6 years at $69.50 per year. Sweet. Best of luck on your experience.
Seems the ones getting this deal own Marriott’s. I wish they treated us all the same.

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm going to call and try for this deal when they open this morning. I want to book a getaway for Dec. but my platinum expires 2 weeks before the check-in date. Pretty sure I got a renewal deal last year...I own Foxrun, not Marriott. Fingers crossed.

UPDATE - Well that didn't work. Oh well, I'll wait to renew my platinum then.

Last edited:

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have to still have Platinum at the date of check in, in order to keep the $50 discount you got on a getaway you booked while you had platinum? Also, do you need to still have it on the date of the actual exchange check in to keep the lower upgrade fees? Does II later charge you the higher getaway and upgrade fees if you no longer have platinum at the time of checkin?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Do you have to still have Platinum at the date of check in, in order to keep the $50 discount you got on a getaway you booked while you had platinum? Also, do you need to still have it on the date of the actual exchange check in to keep the lower upgrade fees? Does II later charge you the higher getaway and upgrade fees if you no longer have platinum at the time of checkin?
I don't think they will give you the discount if you are not platinum at the time of check in. Same with the upgrade fee. Even if you are platinum but you are booking for something after your status runs out, the computer will not see you as platinum eligible for that reservation. It will give you the option to renew if you want the discounts, otherwise it will charge you the regular rate.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't think they will give you the discount if you are not platinum at the time of check in. Same with the upgrade fee. Even if you are platinum but you are booking for something after your status runs out, the computer will not see you as platinum eligible for that reservation. It will give you the option to renew if you want the discounts, otherwise it will charge you the regular rate.
Upgrade fee pricing is based on your status at time of booking but the getaway discount is based on your status at time of travel. I know the upgrade fee based on my own experience. I exchanged a studio for a 2BR unit for September before our Platinum expired in June, I payed the discounted $59x2 for our 2BR exchange.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just booked a getaway. My platinum membership will expire prior to my getaway’s date. I did not get the platinum discount.

Last edited:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Sorry to hear.

When I arrived home today, I had a mailer from II informing me that I could get 2 for 1. My call was just lucky timing on my part. Maybe I should get a lottery ticket.

I just got home and received the mailer from II informing me that I could get 2 for 1. I'm going to call and see if I can get more years added on...I own SDO and Quarter House, so I was surprised that I got the offer

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Good luck!
Thanks. I’m the phone with them right now and I mentioned TUG and said a few of the Tuggers got this deal and she said she could hook me up. $139x3. But it would only let her do the 2 years for one for me. I’m bummed I didn’t get the same offer of 6 for 3

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks. I’m the phone with them right now and I mentioned TUG and said a few of the Tuggers got this deal and she said she could hook me up. $139x3. But it would only let her do the 2 years for one for me. I’m bummed I didn’t get the same offer of 6 for 3
At least you got something. I got nothing.:shrug:

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
At least you got something. I got nothing.:shrug:
You have something...a lot of TS that most of us only dream of ... or is it for us.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I think I won the lottery. I received a special for 3 and 5 year (basic) membership renewals. Details located here: https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...p-renewal-specials-3-and-5-year-plans.277134/

In addition, I took a shot at the 2 for 1 special for the Platinum; sure enough it let me get it again. Total renewal for 8 years basic membership plus platinum: $874, which equates to $109.25/year.

Seems the ones getting this deal own Marriott’s. I wish they treated us all the same.
I read the Platinum mailer...it's because I "own vacation time at an affiliated Interval resort".

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I get the mailers for our Vistana ownership quite regularily. Our Platinum just expired on our Marriott account in June. Hope to start getting some mailers shortly so I can see if I can take advantage of this. I have no need for Platinum on our Vistana corporate account since we always use the StarOptions, but we regularly trade our Marriotts, so having the discounts on upgrade fees and such is a benefit.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I get the mailers for our Vistana ownership quite regularily. Our Platinum just expired on our Marriott account in June. Hope to start getting some mailers shortly so I can see if I can take advantage of this. I have no need for Platinum on our Vistana corporate account since we always use the StarOptions, but we regularly trade our Marriotts, so having the discounts on upgrade fees and such is a benefit.
I had got the mailer for my Vistana ownership, when I called back last night to inquire why I could not get the 2 for 1 deal extended like others have (6 for 3 years) I was told that I only owned Vistana not Mariott