• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owner update 30,000 points

izzymail

Reaction score
Who has done the Wyndham update for 30,000 "rewards points". They say that's good for 2 nights at any resort, but lack any specific details. Anyone actually try to redeem these and find out what they are worth?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Who has done the Wyndham update for 30,000 "rewards points". They say that's good for 2 nights at any resort, but lack any specific details. Anyone actually try to redeem these and find out what they are worth?

Haven’t done this for an owners update but it sounds like it’s tied to the Wyndham Rewards program from the hotel side. 15000 points is good for a free night with certain limitations at each hotel (upgraded rooms don’t apply for instance). We took 45000 free Rewards points for attending our 1st Wyndham presentation a few weeks back now. Perhaps it’s different for current owners though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Yes, they are Wyndham Rewards points (like you would get for staying at a Wyndham Hotel if you are in the program). Yes, you can book at many Wyndham managed resorts (Wyndham, Worldmark, Shell) for 15,000 per night per bedroom (a two bedroom would take 30,000 points).

These stays can now be booked online (in the past you had to call).

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
The Wyndham Rewards points have made it very easy to decline "updates". Have no interest in accumulating points.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Yes, they are Wyndham Rewards points (like you would get for staying at a Wyndham Hotel if you are in the program). Yes, you can book at many Wyndham managed resorts (Wyndham, Worldmark, Shell) for 15,000 per night per bedroom (a two bedroom would take 30,000 points).

These stays can now be booked online (in the past you had to call).

That’s interesting, I’m assuming you have to be a current Wyndham owner to be able to book into Wyndham timeshare locations? When logging into my Wyndham Rewards account I only see hotel chain options not any timeshare location options. For instance when looking in D.C. area I did not see any of the timeshare locations such as National Harbor as an option in the list.

izzymail

Reaction score
That’s interesting, I’m assuming you have to be a current Wyndham owner to be able to book into Wyndham timeshare locations? When logging into my Wyndham Rewards account I only see hotel chain options not any timeshare location options. For instance when looking in D.C. area I did not see any of the timeshare locations such as National Harbor as an option in the list.

I dont have a login, but I was able to see both hotels and resorts from their public rewards redemption website, however it seemed to be only certain ones and I didn't see any WorldMark properties listed. The rate is 15,000 points per night per room (ie a 2 bedroom for 2 nights is 60,000 points), but they also have an option for 3,000 points per night per room, plus cash ($50-75 for the ones I saw). Also, the redemption rate when the points are applied to WM maintenance fees is $50 for 10,000 points, meaning the 30,000 points they offered is worth $150. No thanks, especially since it cost $50 to attend the update.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I dont have a login, but I was able to see both hotels and resorts from their public rewards redemption website, however it seemed to be only certain ones and I didn't see any WorldMark properties listed. The rate is 15,000 points per night per room (ie a 2 bedroom for 2 nights is 60,000 points), but they also have an option for 3,000 points per night per room, plus cash ($50-75 for the ones I saw). Also, the redemption rate when the points are applied to WM maintenance fees is $50 for 10,000 points, meaning the 30,000 points they offered is worth $150. No thanks, especially since it cost $50 to attend the update.

Yes oddly enough I logged in today and searched again and this time around I see the actual timeshare resorts as well. National Harbor for instance. Perhaps last time the date ranges I was using simply didn’t have any timeshare availability in that area.

EDIT: I figured it out. The WR mobile app doesn’t include the timeshare locations, but the wyndhamrewards.com website does. Odd but at least now I know LOL.

Last edited:

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
The Wyndham Rewards points have made it very easy to decline "updates". Have no interest in accumulating points.

That was my initial thought but I really like the Wyndham Canterbury resort in San Francisco. Two nights there for an hour or two of my time works for me. I have booked it a couple times (using points) although I cancelled one.