• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which HH resort in early April?

spookykennedy

Reaction score
It would be our first time here and we know the ocean won't be swimmable so which resort would you choose? We need a heated pool and would like a convenient location where things are walkable or bikeable.
Egret Point
Waterside
Bluewater

We have an OGS for the Marriotts as well but I'd rather grab a week now to be safe. TIA!

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Which Marriotts, and how early in Apr? Marriott's Harbour Point has Apr availability.

spookykennedy

Reaction score
We aren't using a Marriott trader so I am not seeing that but I put an OGS in for Barony, GO and SW. We have family that has owned at Waterside for years and love it. We could get a 3BR there which would be nice. Without knowing the areas in HH we have no idea!

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
We aren't using a Marriott trader so I am not seeing that but I put an OGS in for Barony, GO and SW. We have family that has owned at Waterside for years and love it. We could get a 3BR there which would be nice. Without knowing the areas in HH we have no idea!

Waterside is a few blocks to the beach. It is in a gated community with lots of trees & wildlife. The area is beautiful, I always stood in the beachfront timeshares prior.

I have stay at different resort in this area, not that nice of a unit but the surrounding area made up for it. It has easy walking and biking. If I recall correctly in walking distance to a shopping center with restaurants.

I have a trade into Waterside, but never actually stayed there yet. From what I read they recently renovated but it won’t be as luxurious as a Marriott. I took it for the area and 3 bedroom. I will be going in October and I will make sure to review right away.

spookykennedy

Reaction score
Waterside is a few blocks to the beach. It is in a gated community with lots of trees & wildlife. The area is beautiful, I always stood in the beachfront timeshares prior.

I have stay at different resort in this area, not that nice of a unit but the surrounding area made up for it. It has easy walking and biking. If I recall correctly in walking distance to a shopping center with restaurants.

I have a trade into Waterside, but never actually stayed there yet. From what I read they recently renovated but it won’t be as luxurious as a Marriott. I took it for the area and 3 bedroom. I will be going in October and I will make sure to review right away.
Thank you!

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Bluewater is far north... away from all the action. Nice resort, but not walking distance to much of anything.

Waterside is just a few blocks from the beach and Coligny Plaza, where there's lots of activity. Great location, nice resort, spacious units.

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We own a 3 bedroom at Waterside and love it there. The main pool is not heated but there is a smaller pool toward the back of the resort that is heated. Yes, the rooms have been updated recently and are very nice. The property is clean and the location can't be beat if your looking for convenience to restaurants, shops and beach. In April it should be a nice time to walk the beach but the ocean will be cold. Hilton Head is one of our favorite places to be …. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Non Marriott’s resorts, I suggest you add to your OGS list Royal Dunes at Port Royal Plantation they have three bedroom villas and Port O Call @ Shipyard Plantation, they have three bedrooms villas.
You can walk to the beach from both resorts.
Good luck.

Last edited:

senorak

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with the choice of Waterside. I think the units are wonderful & spacious (updated & modern), several pools, activities, and Coligny Plaza---shops, cafés, restaurants, etc. are a short walk away. The ocean is also just a block past Coligny Plaza. The only other choice that would be closer to Coligny, (literally across the street), is Sea Crest Surf & Racquet. While our family prefers this resort, mainly bc of the location, it is a much older resort, and rooms tend to have older furniture, and a "step up/down" to enter the kitchen area. Waterside is a 5 minute walk from this area, (plus, you may pass a gator or two, turtles, etc. in the "lagoon" on the way to Coligny from Waterside).

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
We stayed at Waterside in March 2017. It was not quite up to gold crown resort standards, but the room was nicely renovated and spacious. It was on a par with most of the Wyndham's we have stayed at. Maintenance was fairly good. It's about a 10 minute walk to the beach and close to many great restaurants and cafes. We brought our own bicycles that provided great access to the rest of the island on the excellent bike paths. We would certainly return to the resort again if we ever head back to HH.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Waterside is the best choice....very close to Coligny Plaza where you'll find shops and restaurants, and a few blocks from New Orleans Rd which has several top-notch fine dining restaurants. At the end of Pope Ave & around Greenwood Circle, there are 4 or 5 more restaurants.
Also close to Sea Pines and Harbour Town where there's more of the same...easily bikeable to Sea Pines bike paths, best on island.
Three grocery stores close by.....Harris Teeter & Publix......also a walkable Piggly Wiggly in Coligny Plaza (not as great as others, but convenient).

We own two 3BR villas at Waterside, and enjoy it a lot as "extra Hilton Head time" in addition to our 8 HH Marriott weeks
(believe me, it's never enough), and just returned from Waterside yesterday. Had a great time.
IMHO, one of the best non-Marriotts on HH.
ALL of the villas at Waterside have been renovated within the past year, and very nicely, too---
in fact they're beautiful and quite comfortable.
The 3BR units (typically on both ends of buildings) are large and bright, and each BR has a full bathroom, so 3 nice bathrooms.
Two master suites with Kings, 3rd room has 2 Twins.
Large LR & dining area......many have very nice balcony views, wooded or lagoon.
Under-building parking, as "first floor villas" are on second level.

https://goo.gl/maps/pcETc8Qoqnq

Zoomed:
https://goo.gl/maps/4vF7k2JXrxx

https://goo.gl/maps/5rMrV1hLp152

Driving onto Hilton Head Island > Waterside
(Take "Cross Island Parkway/TOLL")
https://goo.gl/maps/s1xZSJpaPYM2

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We stayed at Waterside in 2007 March week. This was our first and only visit to HH. We were impressed with the area and how many restaurants are on HH. Waterside had complimentary bicycles too.
We will go back
Silentg