• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

old 5 night travel packages values

tatmtr7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum Ocean Pointe, Platinum Desert Springs 1, Marbella, Chairmans Club, MarriottVacationClub Points, Paradise Village, Mx.
I have looked at the MVCI website and cannot find the values for the current travel packages. I just upgraded one 5 night from a year ago but want to order another if only for the miles.
Thanks

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I have looked at the MVCI website and cannot find the values for the current travel packages. I just upgraded one 5 night from a year ago but want to order another if only for the miles.
Thanks
You have to call Marriott. It may be on the website, but I just call to get the 5 night package. I just did it last week. I believe it was 235K points for the Cat 1-5 and 120K miles with most airlines. United gets you 10% more.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
They are a pain in the butt to find in the new website, but the link by @kds4 works like a charm!

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They are a pain in the butt to find in the new website, but the link by @kds4 works like a charm!

I agree with difficulty finding it online. The only reason I still have ready access to it is because I have it saved in my Favorites.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
that link does not work for me as I am not a MVC owner. Going to have to dig it out from Marriott.com

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
that link does not work for me as I am not a MVC owner. Going to have to dig it out from Marriott.com
I don't know that the 5 night package chart was ever available on Marriott.com.

tatmtr7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum Ocean Pointe, Platinum Desert Springs 1, Marbella, Chairmans Club, MarriottVacationClub Points, Paradise Village, Mx.
Thanks! Now I need to call and be prepared to wait. I agree the 5 night chart has never been online as it is only available to Marriottvclub owners.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score

I thought the 5 night packages were only available to MVCI owners though.

If I were you tatmtr7, I'd call MVCI to get the 5 nighters, not MR. You'll find much faster access. I just did this a week ago, call was answered immediately, and, they knew everything needed to order them.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I thought the 5 night packages were only available to MVCI owners though.

If I were you tatmtr7, I'd call MVCI to get the 5 nighters, not MR. You'll find much faster access.
They are supposed to be for owners. I've seen mixed reviews on multiple sites.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks! Now I need to call and be prepared to wait. I agree the 5 night chart has never been online as it is only available to Marriottvclub owners.
You should be able to call MVC Owner Services to convert to a five night certificate. Little wait that way vs MR customer service.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
The 5 night Category 9 package does not have the 5th night free when calculating the points.
I questioned a rep, of course they were clueless. I was thinking of upgrading to Cat 9 before Aug 1st but to lose the 5th night free is not good.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are supposed to be for owners. I've seen mixed reviews on multiple sites.
Yes, the 5 Night Travel Package are only available to MVCI Owners.
The clues are that
- they are only referenced on the owners.marriottvacationclub.com website
- they are found under the heading “Owner specials”
I have read that some non Owners have been able to book them by calling Marriott Rewards, but if true that is similar to others who use discount codes when they are not eligible, e.g. Senior
Discount when you are not a Senior, higher Owner Benefit level discounts when you are not at that level...etc
It shouldn’t be possible and is not right.

DJensen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is my recollection is correct
  • Miles deposited to frequent flyer account and subject to the airline expiration dates.
  • The 5 night stays can be used outside of using the "purchased" airline miles, but need to be used at same location for the full 5 days.
In other words, that do not need to be used for the same trip. I can fly to California with miles in June 2019 and then choose to use the hotel voucher in Chicago November 2018. Are the vouchers good for one year? I have seen mention that Marriott may allow another years extension?

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is my recollection is correct
  • Miles deposited to frequent flyer account and subject to the airline expiration dates.
  • The 5 night stays can be used outside of using the "purchased" airline miles, but need to be used at same location for the full 5 days.
In other words, that do not need to be used for the same trip. I can fly to California with miles in June 2019 and then choose to use the hotel voucher in Chicago November 2018. Are the vouchers good for one year? I have seen mention that Marriott may allow another years extension?

Yes. You can spread out a TP over 2 trips. Use the AC for one (subject to MR rules for expiration/extension) and FF miles for another (subject to the airline expiration rules).

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Yes. You can spread out a TP over 2 trips. Use the AC for one (subject to MR rules for expiration/extension) and FF miles for another (subject to the airline expiration rules).

You can use the FF miles however you like. They can be used for one, two or ten trips. The hotel cert has to be used all at once. The FF miles are simply added to your existing FF account total to be disposed of as you wish. They do not have to be used all at once.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can use the FF miles however you like. They can be used for one, two or ten trips. The hotel cert has to be used all at once. The FF miles are simply added to your existing FF account total to be disposed of as you wish. They do not have to be used all at once.

Yes. I did not intend to imply that you had to use all FF miles for a single trip. My apologies if that was unclear.

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score

So here is a question: Can I request the same or similar 5-day travel package for the hotel cert only because I have enough miles?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So here is a question: Can I request the same or similar 5-day travel package for the hotel cert only because I have enough miles?
You can book 5-night hotel only, with 4 nights 5th night free. It is a standing offer from as far back as I remember. You can do it yourself online.

Wally3433

Reaction score
Are the 5 night TP's considered one of the best use of points? Might make sense to just get one if you have the points in your account. Owners Login is down right now so I can't look at the point cost.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We decided to get a 2nd "floating" 5 night TP Cat 7 (future Cat 5) next week. We will have 2 TP comes August where we have nothing planned for. We just want to stock up on airline miles because we don't see ourselves doing future TP.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are the 5 night TP's considered one of the best use of points? Might make sense to just get one if you have the points in your account. Owners Login is down right now so I can't look at the point cost.

I think they are. Even though you can create the 5 night AC by redeeming points for 4 nights and getting the 5th night free, I see the value in the airline mile conversion. For travel packages the airline mile conversion rates are close to 1:1. Doing strictly an airline mile conversion by itself (not in a TP), the conversion rate can be as bad as 3:1.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
I think we all know the regular MR line is a mess. There was a report on the FT thread where someone called to order a 7 night package the rep INSISTED they could get a 5 night even though they didn't own a MVCI. So much for rules and training. That really aggravated me.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score

That's not a travel package-that's just an award stay. The 5th night is free.