• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New User ?? Reputable Timeshare Resale Broker

honeymontana

Reaction score
I am totally new to this. Help please. Does anyone out there know of any
reputable resale brokers. ?? No or low upfront fees. Low ending fees. ?? Any advice. Many thanks:wave:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Reputable brokers charge a commission after the sale, starting at about $1,000 and up. Unless your timeshare is worth many thousands of dollars, and very few are, it's more cost effective to sell it yourself.

Have you done any research to see what your timeshare is selling for on the resale market?

Go to ebay, search for your resort by exact name, and then click on "completed listings" in the menu on the left to see what it is actually SELLING for. Most timeshares are going for 0-10% of original retail.
ebay timeshare listings - http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/Timeshares-for-Sale_?_catref=1&_sacat=15897

For broker ratings - see this forum: http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56

NEVER pay a high upfront fee - that's always a SCAM!

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
A lot of people here have bought and sold through Seth Nock and Judi K., both reputable brokers who specialize in Hilton and other high-end timeshares. Search in this forum for their phone numbers/email addresses.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

phil1ben

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bought my timeshare from Judy K. Found her to be excellent and honest.

honeymontana

Reaction score
WANTED: Reputable licensed timeshare rental/resale broker

Yes, just as it says in the heading, I need professional help. Please contact
me with what you have to offer and what your fees are?? Thank you

honeymontana

Reaction score
Thanks

I want to thank all of you for your info. I have spent many hours doing research just to find out I feel overwhelmed. Because of a medical problem
I really need to find someone to represent me so I have sent e-mails to
the people you recommended. I am curious is there a way to check their
licenses, etc??

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I am curious is there a way to check their licenses, etc??

You can find out whether any licensed professional is in good standing in the state where they are located by going to the website of the government agency in that state which regulates the profession.

In Florida, its the Department of Business & Professional Regulation.
DBPR's website for searching licenses is: https://www.myfloridalicense.com/wl11.asp

I can tell you that you'll have no worries with either of these two individuals.
They have a lenghy history on this BBS with nothing but kudos for their work.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes, just as it says in the heading, I need professional help. Please contact
me with what you have to offer and what your fees are?? Thank you

If it were me, I'd contact some of the recommended companies, instead of soliciting offers. I guarantee that with an open invitation to contact you, you are going to get some scammers.

Remember - anyone who wants a large upfront fee - no matter what they call it - is going to scam you. Reputable brokers charge their fees AFTER the sale, out of the proceeds - not upfront and not out of pocket.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would also check out Diane Nadeau at timeshare broker sales.

--Kevin

bosco0633

TUG Member
Reaction score
I only use Judi, I have since day 1. She is the very best. I have purchased 4 units from her now and several of my friends and family have used her now. I would only recommend her, but that is just my opinion.