• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Kierland: current resale market?

blahblah18

TUG Member
Reaction score
We love Westin Kierland -- we bought a Premium 1BR Platinum (resale) a few years ago. We're considering buying another.

What's the resale market like for Kierland now? Have resale prices been pretty much stable over the past few years?

Any recent experiences with actual resale prices (i.e. for real/actual sales, not for online listings ... since listings can be bogus!)?

Thanks everyone.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
We bought an Annual 2BD LO Platinum Season with 148,100 Annual SOs May 2017 for $13,000. Most of these have been listing for >$14,000 recently. I would say they are holding value and for a One BD Premium Annual in Platinum Season for 81,000 SOs you'll find them around $7,500 on the low end

dcdowden

TUG Member
Reaction score
The POA for WKV had a handful of Platinum units for sale in March which they were selling for $9K for the 1 BR Premium and $15K for the 2 BR. They were only offered to current owners and were gone in a flash even though people on this forum thought the prices were a little high.

jordathyspg

Reaction score
Just over a month or so ago we responded to virtually every $15k or less listing for WKV 2 BD LO Platinum listed on RedWeek et al. They all had multiple offers and were gone within a day or two.

We were in a bit of a rush so we got ours at $16k thru Syed. Not a smoking deal but we were happy to get our hands on one, and of course Syed was fantastic to deal with throughout the whole process. Just waiting for Vistana to process. We went last year in March and absolutely love the resort and the location by the hotel and Kierland Commons.

Last edited:

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Just over a month or so ago we responded to virtually every $15k or less listing for WKV 2 BD LO Platinum listed on RedWeek et al. They all had multiple offers and were gone within a day or two.

We were in a bit of a rush so we got ours at $16k thru Syed. Not a smoking deal but we were happy to get our hands on one, and of course Syed was fantastic to deal with throughout the whole process. Just waiting for Vistana to process. We went last year and March and absolutely love the resort and the location by the hotel and Kierland Commons.

Congratulations! We love the resort too, although we haven't stayed there yet. Only stopped by when staying elsewhere. We have used the SO's to go to Hawaii, St John, Harborside and Lagunamar. All great resorts. We will actually be staying at WKV for the first time this December for 5 nights. Really looking forward to actually staying there rather than just visiting.

Enjoy your ownership and travels!

Best regards.

Mike

jabak5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN OF (Maui) 2bd (even year)
WLR (Cancun) 2bd (odd year)
WKR (Scottsdale) 1bd Premium X 2 (both even)
Westin Flex annual
And that’s it, no more. Definitely done!
A year ago we got exactly what we were looking to obtain.
1 bedroom premium, platinum season, 81k option EOY
Price $4,400 plus closing cost ($300)
Thought it was a decent deal as it was all we wanted.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I

We were in a bit of a rush so we got ours at $16k thru Syed. Not a smoking deal but we were happy to get our hands on one, and of course Syed was fantastic to deal with throughout the whole process. Just waiting for Vistana to process. We went last year in March and absolutely love the resort and the location by the hotel and Kierland Commons.

There are a couple 2BR plat plus on Redweek currently for around 15k and one for under 14k. It appears prices have dropped a little from the 16-17k they were selling for a few years ago.

Last edited:

jordathyspg

Reaction score
I expect they can still be had in the 15k range, but based on our experience they move very quickly at that price point.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
I’m closing now on a WKV 81K SO Annual Gold Plus week and getting it for free, seller paying closing costs, no out of pocket investment at all.

Seems to be that WKV resale prices are trending down???

Maui_ed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV, WKORV, WDW
I’m closing now on a WKV 81K SO Annual Gold Plus week and getting it for free, seller paying closing costs, no out of pocket investment at all.

Seems to be that WKV resale prices are trending down???
Wow, that is a heck of a deal. Congrats!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The 81K 2BR Gold Plus has been going for close to $0 for quite a few years already. It is less desirable because it has higher MF than a 81K and 95.7K SVV 2BR. I have also seen lower prices recently on the 1BR Platinum season on TimeshareKing listings. I think it is a little softer than before but they are still not cheap.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
The 81K 2BR Gold Plus has been going for close to $0 for quite a few years already. It is less desirable because it has higher MF than a 81K and 95.7K SVV 2BR. I have also seen lower prices recently on the 1BR Platinum season on TimeshareKing listings. I think it is a little softer than before but they are still not cheap.

You are probably right about pricing. I am chasing the 81K Gold Plus because 1) Its free and 2) We actually use our Kierland weeks at Kierland and travel in that season, given family in the area and the come and stay with us. It works out well for us for just the MF.