• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Grand Desert

AgelessTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO
I heard this resort has gone through recent renovations and all buildings have been renovated except for one. Does anyone know which buildings have been renovated? Thanks!

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
I heard this resort has gone through recent renovations and all buildings have been renovated except for one. Does anyone know which buildings have been renovated? Thanks!
They redid the lobby in Building 2. Looks nice. Not sure any other upgrades have been done. The rooms are all very nice there, I stay there quite often.

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
Thank you. I will be going in October and will be calling to put in a building request.
I recommend building 2 or 3. Tower 1 is where the sales presentations take place, and the elevators are always packed, and the hallways smell bad. Building 3 is quiet, away from the hustle and bustle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I'm not sure what building I stayed in, but I requested and received a top floor unit that faced the strip, not the pool area. It was nice to see all of the lights at night. Sometimes it took a little while to get to the parking garage via the elevator since it is a tall building, but I was never in a big hurry.

I highly recommend going to the Valley of Fire State Park which is about 1 hour northeast of Vegas. It has allot of beautiful, colorful, and unique rock formations in a huge area. It was better than Red Rock Canyon which about 45 minutes west of Vegas.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I like having a view of the mountains when I get up in the morning. One trip we took a drive up to Mount Charleston, ate at a restaurant up there and drove around exploring the area stopping several times to take some great pictures.

angell52

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from a stay at Grand Desert. We were in Building 1and everyday it was full of people being led around by sales people. I always want to pull them aside and tell them to run. Anyway, I agree with the above post that you should request another building. I was also disappointed with the family pool area. It was mobbed with people. You could not even get in and swim and it was pretty dirty. Also people were out at 7:00 am saving seats around the pool. We did visit Hoover Dam and that is a must see. We also did Mount Charleston and loved the area. The scenery there is amazing.

Delexed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any more recent news on the resort? Will be here Christmas week. Will request to AVOID building 1, but which should I SELECT to get a view of the strip and/or more recent unit refurbishment?

Last edited:

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
Any more recent news on the resort? Will be here Christmas week. Will request to AVOID building 1, but which should I SELECT to get a view of the strip and/or more recent unit refurbishment?
I think building 2 offers the best views of the strip, and building 3 gives the most privacy, as it's away from the hustle and bustle. I personally like staying in building 2.

RandyM

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stayed there 3 different times. Tower 3, 3 bed. deluxe had the best view as it was the whole end of the building facing the strip. Tower 3, 3 bed. Pres. suite top floor faced the airport. Could see the Luxor and south. That was a beautiful room 3bed and 3baths. Last time was tower 2, 3 bed. Pres. suite 2bath middle floor OK view.The tower 2 room was the worst shape of any Wyndham property I have been at.Very run down. That was in 2016. We do love this resort. Staff is great once you get past the sales desk.