• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fiesta American Los Cabos HGVC Availability

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Does the Fiesta Americana HGVC availability show up on the same schedule as regular HGVC properties? I have been shopping January 2019 availability online, and even though the booking window is open through 1/24/2019, no January 2019 availability has shown up at Fiesta American Los Cabos through the HGVC system. In fact nothing shows up for January 2019 for ANY of the FA Mexico properties.

We went to Los Cabos for the first time this past February (at the Westin Los Cabos on a preview package), and bought another four-night package to use at the Westin again in 2019. We were thinking about using HGVC points to add three nights at Fiesta Americana Los Cabos to the four night Westin stay to give us a full week in the area and to sample the HGVC Los Cabos option. So I was a little surprised that nothing was showing up when the 9-month HGVC Club window was open for 01/2019. Is there anything special about when FA inventory gets into the HGVC system, or is there truly no availability for HGVC members?

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Yes, it does show up now in the same on-line booking window but FA must release the inventory to HGVC first. Maybe that hasn't happened for next year. I was call the club to check on inventory.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I noticed that also. Like GT said FA has to load the inventory first. Not sure what the booking window is if you own FA but they’re likely to get first crack.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Somewhat ironically, it now appears the FA HGVC inventory has been loaded for January. It wasn't there last night - and hadn't been previously - but January 2019 availability is now showing for most of the FA resorts as of today.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Great news. It has showed up at different times during the last 5 years.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Strange. I don't see any availability for Jan 19 across their resorts.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Yes. I noticed last night that the availability that showed up on Monday is no longer there. Not sure if it all got booked in about 24 hours (seems unlikely to me), but nothing is showing up now for any time period after mid-December 2018. I'm sure I saw it on Monday and don't think I'm delusional. Strange.

I'm actually in no hurry for it to show up, since we won't be able to book the VSE package until later in May or early June, so it would be ideal to be able to book the HGVC online at the same time we're booking the VSE package on the phone to easily line everything up.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I just check today and I don't see any availability at FA-Los Cabos for next year. I always seem to remember that the following years February inventory has always showed up by now. I am really not looking to book because we have Hawaii plans for late February/early March next year.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
I just check today and I don't see any availability at FA-Los Cabos for next year. I always seem to remember that the following years February inventory has always showed up by now. I am really not looking to book because we have Hawaii plans for late February/early March next year.

I've noticed the same thing. In fact none of the FA locations are showing any 2019 availability. That seems odd. Has there been a change in the FA/HGVC relationship?

We have another four-night package for 2019 to the Westin Los Cabos and were thinking about combining it with three nights at the FA-Los Cabos to make it a full week, so have been keeping an eye out, but so far nothing (except for the inventory that seemed to mysteriously appear in late April and then disappeared 24-48 hours later).

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Has there been a change in the FA/HGVC relationship?
I haven't heard of any change. I know that HGVC announced that they are going to convert some of the Hilton-Los Cabos hotel room into 74 timeshare units. I wouldn't think that either would want to pull out of the agreement because of that. I will call the club tomorrow to see what I can find out.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I will call the club tomorrow to see what I can find out.

I did call the club. They immediately said that sometimes FA doesn't release the inventory until mid-June. They did look on their end and verified that no inventory has yet been released.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I did call the club. They immediately said that sometimes FA doesn't release the inventory until mid-June. They did look on their end and verified that no inventory has yet been released.

That should still be plenty of time for 2019 bookings. FA Cabo always seems to have plenty of space. The Cancun resort is much smaller and seems to run out more quickly.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Inventory is now loaded. Book em if you got em.

The Cancun resort was undergoing renovation I believe and the inventory for 2019 looks more robust.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Great!

Based on past experience, how quickly does the Los Cabos inventory get booked? We have to coordinate any booking we make at FA Los Cabos with a four-night promo package booking at the Westin Los Cabos, and it may be a month or more before Vistana starts releasing available dates in early 2019 for those packages. We're flexible on exact dates, the only restriction being it needs to be mid-late January, and the dates need to be able to sync up with whatever dates are available at Westin. Ideally we would be able to make the FA Los Cabos booking online at the same time we're on the phone booking the Westin to ensure the sync-up, but if the FA Los Cabos inventory usually goes quickly, maybe we should go ahead and book some dates then hope the Westin is available for the compatible dates. If the Westin isn't bookable for a compatible date once that inventory is released, we could change the HGVC booking to something that works, but then we're back to the question of will there likely still be availability to change into a month or two from now.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
FA always seems to have pretty good availability. I believe that FA reservations are not changeable. You would have to cancel and rebook so make sure your Vistana dates are solid before you book.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I believe that FA reservations are not changeable. You would have to cancel and rebook so make sure your Vistana dates are solid before you book.

Correct. They used to be changeable a few years back.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Based on past experience, how quickly does the Los Cabos inventory get booked?

I don't think that I have a good feel for it. I think last year was the first time that the inventory has been loaded into HGVC system. Previously, we had to call in the reservation. Also, I was always ready to book whenever I can because I already had dates in mind.