• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Overvaluing low mfs?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Credit Pool is not dead yet. People that beat the cutoff date for credit pooling new deposits still can use them though up to 2020 depending on their situation and when they credit pooled the points.
Ok. I’ll give you that one. Clarify it’s dead as in you can’t put additional points into the Credit Pool

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought the credit pool was dead-gone.
Now there is illegal Credit Pooling - what is that and how do we put points in the illegal Credit Pool ?
You didn’t respond to my post #94
If Wyndham only wanted to stop the pulling of future points into the current year what’s wrong with what paxsarah and I pointed out.
Non VIP in 2018 can extend thier points to December 31,2020. But they have pick 2019 or 2020
If the non VIP could use a Point Deposit Feature that would be good for 3 years those points would only be good till March 31,2021 another 3 months without the restriction of having to pick a use year to put the points in.
I think owners could understand why the credit pool needed fixed.

Yes the credit pool was broken so change the name to Points Deposit Feature with the fix. The current Points Deposit Feature fixed the problem but also destroyed the flexibility for non stripper owners

Good suggestion and good luck with that

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Post #94
No I don’t think it had anything to do with the mega-strippers as you put it.
All Wyndham had to do was use the current time frames and rules of the point deposit feature with one change
The only change you could put points in the Points Deposit Feature and they would be good for 3 years instead of picking 1 of 2 years.
Problem solved!! So simple!!
No more pulling future years points forward to use now other than the rules on borrowing in the Express Reservation Period.
Instead Wyndham and you blame the mega-strippers when Wyndham helped to keep the stripping profitable by repeatedly taking the stripped contracts back
You didn’t respond to my post #94
Despite what some conspiracy theorists may believe, I am not in charge. I am just a lowly owner in Club Wyndham who finds the discussions and developments fascinating.

Ask the Regulators who do make the rules, why they made the rule changes that they made.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
Ask the Regulators who do make the rules, why they made the rule changes that they made.
I would expect them to lie as to why. So, I'll pass on asking.

It would be nice if they just do as others have suggested and let us have more than one year of future availability on current year deposited points.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
You get your choice of two years. Which is pretty good. The only reason you don’t think so is that you were , like me, spoiled by the old credit pool

I first bought wyndham just a they ended the practice of owner to owner transfers. Owners used to be able to own a very small account but take multiple vacations by “renting” points from others. There were lots of owners that didn’t like it when that ended, but they got over it

You will get over this credit pool/points deposit change too

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
You will get over this credit pool/points deposit change too
I'll adapt, but, I'll never 'get over' it. They limited my vacation planning flexibility.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they only allowed credit pooling of current years points for 3 years with the current time timeframe of the Points Deposit it would’ve been a good sales tool. If you move up to Platinum you have 9 more months to deposit your points and your points wil be available 9 months LONGER than non VIP .

But now all points expire on the same day no matter if your VIP or not