• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hgvc orlando and Disney

Scrapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None yet
I am reserching HGVC for a future purchase. One hundred percent sure I am buying and would like to by in Orlando because it is somewhere we visit often. I have been reading alot of posts and many talk about a block that rci has with getting a disney property if your timeshare is in Orlando. But some posts have said that this does not apply to HGVC properties. Can anyone tell me for sure one way or the other?

elleny76

Reaction score
RCI _ DVC EXCHANGE
Urgent Information

RCI Fee
(+)
  • weekly usage fee is 190.00 U.S. dollars.
    • Mandatory due at check-in At DVC resort
  • Minimum age check-in: Minimum age check-in is 18.
  • No smoking in units: could result in forfeiture of the unit and/or other penalties.

• CALL DVC MEMBER SERVICES AT 800-800-9800 NO SOONER THAN 72 HOURS AFTER CONFIRMING AND NO LATER THAN 48 HOURS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL TO ADD ALL GUEST NAMES, ALL NAMES MUST BE ADDED IN ADVANCE. Addition of dining plans requires full payment upfront, reservation must occur no less than 48 hours in advance to add dining plan. Disney's Magical Express requires RSVP to 800-800-9800 48 hours prior to arrival and includes shuttle/bag service from/to airport.
  • mandatory resort fee charged at check-in. Fee includes but is not limited to services such as assistance with dining reservations, Disney’s Magical Express reservations and purchasing theme park tickets through DVC member services toll free number 800-800-9800.
Policy Restrictions: (please read)
  • There is an area ownership restriction at this resort. If you made this reservation using points from an Orlando ownership or a resort within 30 miles of Disneyworld resorts in Orlando, it will be cancelled and you will be notified about rebooking a non-Disney property.

jestme

Reaction score
First off, if you are buying HGVC in Orlando, why would you need to use RCI for an exchnge into Disney?
Secondly, when HGVC does an RCI exchange into anywhere, it uses points from a pool which you would have to have contributed to. That pool has points from Orlando, Las Vegas, and every other HGVC resort worldwide. RCI cannot tell where the exchange points are coming from, just that they are coming from HGVC. HGVC has one exchange account, not each owner. HGVC could exchange a set of Las Vegas points in place of your Orlando deposit and RCI wouldn't know.
Having said that, if for some reason you did want to exchange from HGVC through RCI into Disney, and then loudly and proudly announced at check-in to Disney that you own a timeshare in Orlando, there might be repercussions, but I'm not sure.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
There is no problem owning an Orlando HGVC and exchanging into Disney, since owners use the HGVC corporate account instead of an individual account. This has been discussed and confirmed a few times here, so you will be able to exchange into Disney w/o restrictions.

Staying at on of the HGVC properties in Orlando would be less expensive than exchanging into Disney, plus it is rare to get anything but a 1BR at Sarasota Springs exchanging through RCI. You may want to consider that if exchanging into Disney is your main reason you want to buy HGVC.

Kurt

Scrapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None yet
Great info. Thanks. No that is not the main reason I want HGVC. I just thought it might be nice to have the option for when my daughter graduates. I attended a HGVC presentation at Tuscany resort and loved it. The flexability and the Hilton named sold me. My Hubby would not let me buy from them saying I needed to look at resales and do research before making a choice. He was right. I am learning so very much on this site to help me make the best choice ever. Thanks

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps more importantly: DVC is currently only depositing 1BRs, and almost exclusively at Saratoga Springs. If you need a 2BR, or want a different resort, an exchange is unlikely to be the way to go.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Plus I think DVC charges an additional fee for exchangers on top of the RCI exchange fee.
And I believe they also instituted a $20/day parking fee now (or something) for the timeshare exchangers (actually *all* DVC resorts have a fee now, but it varies depending on the level).

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Plus I think DVC charges an additional fee for exchangers on top of the RCI exchange fee.
And I believe they also instituted a $20/day parking fee now (or something) for the timeshare exchangers (actually *all* DVC resorts have a fee now, but it varies depending on the level).

Just to clarify there is a parking fee and the fee varies depending on which Disney level resort you stay at. DVC resorts are always deluxe which has the highest parking fee. The moderate and value disney resorts has lower parking fees.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify there is a parking fee and the fee varies depending on which Disney level resort you stay at. DVC resorts are always deluxe which has the highest parking fee. The moderate and value disney resorts has lower parking fees.

And just to clarify further (for the sake of completeness) - DVC members are exempt from the parking fee when staying on their points.

I knew that they were going to add a parking fee, but hadn't realized that it had happened already.

Cheers.

MikeinSoCal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney Vacation Club Members
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney Vacation Club Members
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

True, DVC members dont pay the parking fee. There have however been some uncertainty if exchangers would need to pay the parking fee or not. Until anyone can confirm either way we wont know.