• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya 3 bedroom unit question

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, We recently exchanged into Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya for this fall through Interval and the II confirmation says : UUU3L (3 Bedrooms). Does anyone know which 3 bedroom floor plan "UUU3L" is? Would this be the 3 bedroom Spa unit or the 3 bedroom Residence Loft? Would Vidanta put you in any available 3 bedroom unit plan when you check in, no matter what the confirmation says anyway?

Also just as a side question for future reference, if you were lucky enough to ever exchange into a Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya 4 bedroom unit, are all the 4 bedrooms in "The Residence at Grand Luxxe" rather than the regular Grand Luxxe?

Thanks!

rpennisi

Reaction score
Having been to both of the GL's in RM and NV, I believe you will be in a "regular" 3 bedroom configuration. Spa and Loft units are, I believe in NV. RM buildings are all 3 story and I don't think they have the variety of unit types that Nuevo Vallarta (NV) GL have.
Current owners of GL will probably know more. We also exchanged into GL using II.

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. When I go to the Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya specific area of the Vidanta website, it shows only two types of 3 bedroom RM units: "3 bedroom Spa Suite" and "Grand Luxxe 3 Bedroom Residence Loft", so I had been thinking a 3 bedroom exchange had to be one of those two types of units.

Then when I look at generic timeshare unit codes (even non-Vidanta), the UUU in my confirmed unit code "UUU3L"seems to possibly be the equivalent of 000 (something more or less meaningless or perhaps just standing for the word unit). So I was hoping that since that would leave the "3L" code, then the L may stand for loft and we may possibly have been assigned a 3 bedroom Residence Loft. But even if we have been assigned a loft unit I think Vidanta may have the option to give us any 3 bedroom unit since we are exchangers. I don't seem to have a US phone number for Vidanta to see if they could answer my questions. Thanks for any help!

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
You could probably write to the concierge and ask for specifics. I only have the MP concierge email addy--perhaps someone else would have a Grand Luxxe reservation with the concierge email. Or, isn't their contact info. directly to the resort on the RCI confirmation?

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Hi, We recently exchanged into Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya for this fall through Interval and the II confirmation says : UUU3L (3 Bedrooms). Does anyone know which 3 bedroom floor plan "UUU3L" is? Would this be the 3 bedroom Spa unit or the 3 bedroom Residence Loft? Would Vidanta put you in any available 3 bedroom unit plan when you check in, no matter what the confirmation says anyway?

Also just as a side question for future reference, if you were lucky enough to ever exchange into a Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya 4 bedroom unit, are all the 4 bedrooms in "The Residence at Grand Luxxe" rather than the regular Grand Luxxe?

Thanks!

Having been to both of the GL's in RM and NV, I believe you will be in a "regular" 3 bedroom configuration. Spa and Loft units are, I believe in NV. RM buildings are all 3 story and I don't think they have the variety of unit types that Nuevo Vallarta (NV) GL have.
Current owners of GL will probably know more. We also exchanged into GL using II.

Vidanta just finished Grand Luxxe IV Loft-Residence in RM which are lofts. You can see pics and layouts here: http://www.vidanta.com/resort-hotels/grand-luxxe/riviera-maya I wouldn't be surprised if this is a loft. I just reserved a 2BR UUU2L and it includes a full kitchen with an oven. The other GL 2BRs do not have an oven. I presume the L at the end of the code is for Loft. Other room codes were MSUITE for my previous 2BR reservations in RM and 3S for the 3BR in NV.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a 4 bedroom reserved through II, and my unit code is UUU4L. I believe the only 4 bedrooms at riviera maya are in the new residence building, which maybe is a bit of extra confirmation for you. I do think they could change you at checkin and there wouldn't be much you could do.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I have a 4 bedroom reserved through II, and my unit code is UUU4L. I believe the only 4 bedrooms at riviera maya are in the new residence building

True...only GL IV has 4 bedrooms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

kelly4me

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

I know this is a really old thread, but I'm curious if you did end up in a 3-bedroom Loft. I just pulled a UUU3L with a Marriott Studio trade in May and would love to know how things ended up for you.

Thanks!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I know this is a really old thread, but I'm curious if you did end up in a 3-bedroom Loft. I just pulled a UUU3L with a Marriott Studio trade in May and would love to know how things ended up for you.

Thanks!
Click on the blue user name for the person to whom you are directing this question. Then click "start a conversation" and send them a private message.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies

Thanks!
That's a 3BR loft. Had a UUU2L and it was a 2BR loft.

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just an update. As noted above, our II confirmation had indicated the unit code "UUU3L", and we did end up with a fantastic three bedroom loft at Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya. We got lucky I think, as these are very hard to exchange into. I think it helped that it was the off-season.

Last edited:

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Just an update. As noted above, our II confirmation had indicated the unit code "UUU3L", and we did end up with a fantastic three bedroom loft at Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya. We got lucky I think, as these are very hard to exchange into. I think it helped that it was the off-season.
Congrats! Told ya so ;)