• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My Nanea Owners Update

rog2867

TUG Member
Reaction score
So we traded into WKORV and stayed last week and got a nice partial ocean view. Went on the owners update ( we are 4 star elite) they told us they are building another Mexico Timeshare in Canun, not much more. Sales guy knew we knew our stuff as they only send certain ones to deal with multiple week owners. They took us to preview Nanea, let me tell you the rooms are beautiful They took us to the 2 bedroom and then the 3 bedroom, really really nice. There are not many units there and you could tell, the pace and number of people there were much less than at the villas. The villas are also getting old and need updating. So as usual after the tour they take us and make us an offer to buy. Here is what they offered. We own a week at WKORV 2 bdrm lock off and they would take it back and credit us the cost and the offer was 37K for a two bedroom unit every other year with 180K options. Same price for every year but with 360K options. They said they needed to make minimum 37K on each deal, the finance guy was right there. If that is true it was great they were being honest. We politely declined and they both left, no pressure at all. We can just trade any of our other properties and get in any of the Hawaii at 8 months never an issue so no need to buy there again. After that the explorer woman came in to offer us an explorer package, we didn't even let her give us a price as we are not going back soon, we are from the east coast and that is a long flight. Sales guy told Vistana is now investing money in new properties so they can now sell things as before it was pretty stagnant. They are doing beach revival out front also, getting rid of ugly trees and putting palms there. We had a nice trip did a lot of excursions and overall I would say it was good. The WKORV need some updating but it was find as we were not in the room that much.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
The villas are also getting old and need updating.

The WKORV need some updating but it was find as we were not in the room that much.

Really? Didn’t they just do a renovation a few years ago?

I’ll be there this month as well, and will post an update on the condition of my unit. I’ve previously been satisfied with the condition of the unit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rog2867

TUG Member
Reaction score
Really? Didn’t they just do a renovation a few years ago?

I’ll be there this month as well, and will post an update on the condition of my unit. I’ve previously been satisfied with the condition of the unit.

I am not sure about that but my unit felt old. Old furniture old carpet, knives were all dull etc.

rog2867

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not sure about that but my unit felt old. Old furniture old carpet, knives were all dull etc.
I was in 2117 it was great, first floor right by pool you can go right to your room and back in two minutes.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
we bring our own knives...
we had no issues with our villa last Sept (1Bd OFD in B2) - it had clearly been updated.

GGMsfo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
we bring our own knives...
we had no issues with our villa last Sept (1Bd OFD in B2) - it had clearly been updated.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the knives at KORV (and Nanea) are sub-standard. I worry I'm going to cut myself, because they are so flimsy. I complained at the owners update last year and told them Hilton has much better quality knives. Its true. I also bring my own salt, pepper ( I can't bother to open 20 packets of pepper ) , and other spices, plus a rubber spatula is absolutely necessary (esp. for scrambled eggs).

As I write this, I'm in a studio OF villa at KORV and nothing here seems old, out-dated, or tattered. In fact, the overall condition of the fittings in this room is in better condition than when I stayed at Nanea in October. That room was about 7 months old and already had scratches on the furniture, scratches on the wallpaper, and broken lights in the pantry.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the knives at KORV (and Nanea) are sub-standard. I worry I'm going to cut myself, because they are so flimsy. I complained at the owners update last year and told them Hilton has much better quality knives. Its true. I also bring my own salt, pepper ( I can't bother to open 20 packets of pepper ) , and other spices, plus a rubber spatula is absolutely necessary (esp. for scrambled eggs).

I think this is true for all of the resorts. We take our own knives to WSJ, WLR, SVV etc. I bring a pizza cutter too, assuming we are staying somewhere we can cook one. (Either on the grill outside, seemingly everywhere but HRA, or the oven at WSJ.)

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

I was in a North Studio yesterday and a South 1-bed this week. Both look great. The south unit actually seems much better than the last time I stayed at South...clearly it’s been renovated. II exchange and a great OV view, no complaints at all. Of course, I haven’t tested the knives yet but I don’t expect much.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I'm at KOR North now in a 1 bedroom premium. The furniture is the same as prior years but the unit has been freshly painted and the carpet appears to be new. You can't judge by the knives. The knives (especially the chef's knife) appear to arrive blunt even when new!!