• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is it impossible to rent a Plat week @ a Gulf Coast Affliate?

kanga5roos

TUG Member
Reaction score
I keep reading about how few units are available at the affiliates on the Guf Coast (Marco Island, Ft Myers, Captiva, etc). If that’s the case - what are the odds of being able to actually rent a week in Feb or March? Is there a trick to snagging one since they seem to be so limited? My husband wants to take some time off from Orlando and try the Gulf Coast next year. (He really only cares about Spring Training baseball, but...) :). Thanks for any insight! Much appreciated.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
If you are interested in renting, you can contact the specific affiliate (look at the Affiliate Sticky for information)

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I keep reading about how few units are available at the affiliates on the Guf Coast (Marco Island, Ft Myers, Captiva, etc). If that’s the case - what are the odds of being able to actually rent a week in Feb or March? Is there a trick to snagging one since they seem to be so limited? My husband wants to take some time off from Orlando and try the Gulf Coast next year. (He really only cares about Spring Training baseball, but...) :). Thanks for any insight! Much appreciated.

Redweek is your best bet.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
To rent, you can also check the classifieds ("marketplace") here in TUG.

OTOH, if you meant to say "make a club booking"... Yes, it's possible.
But you need to be very flexible with your criteria when calling HGVC.
"Do you have anything in Sanibel-Captiva or Marco at 7-9 months out?"
That approach got me into Eagles' Nest last year & Charter Club in June.

JCB

Reaction score
We reserve a place in Orlando every year for 2-3 weeks in late Jan - early Feb. We were told by an HGVC rep to wait to call for a place on the gulf coast until about 60 days before, then call every day. Most folks don't give up there condo weeks at these places until it gets closer to their week. We've been able to switch at least 1 of our weeks to Marco since we have done this. We ask for any gulf coast resort for any amount of days during our 2-3 week timeframe. Then we just have them cancel out the week we no longer need in Orlando! Patience is a virtue when trying to get one of these resorts, but it's worth it!

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
We reserve a place in Orlando every year for 2-3 weeks in late Jan - early Feb. We were told by an HGVC rep to wait to call for a place on the gulf coast until about 60 days before, then call every day. Most folks don't give up there condo weeks at these places until it gets closer to their week. We've been able to switch at least 1 of our weeks to Marco since we have done this. We ask for any gulf coast resort for any amount of days during our 2-3 week timeframe. Then we just have them cancel out the week we no longer need in Orlando! Patience is a virtue when trying to get one of these resorts, but it's worth it!

Using the old "Classic" reservation system I was always able to see availability for a number of days, (Not an entire week) using open season at some of the HGVC gulf club resorts. That would enable you to pay cash and still have your points for another vacation.