• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HICV Account Suspended for Maintenance on Newly Transferred Unit

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever had an issue where your account is suspended for maintenance not paid on a newly transferred unit that they have not generated a statement for? I called in to get details on a suspended account and told them I would pay maintenance as soon as they could provide a copy of the maintenance statement and they said it would take up to 2 weeks and that my account would be suspended until I paid. Any way around this other than paying whatever they say I owe before I see a statement?

-Scott
Owner, HICV Google+ Group

alexanderwang

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake
call and request to speak with capital management. if your account is new and in “suspense” you need to get in touch with your Quality Assurance office from where you purchased

alexanderwang

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake
also in can take like 6 weeks from your account to go from “suspense” to completed

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
no matter what it has to be paid. If it's off a little big deal.

They don't have to do anything

Locked out is not to your advantage

I had one that needed paid last year turned over and was not locked out but if I were I would have paid " Johnny on the spot"

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
no matter what it has to be paid. If it's off a little big deal.

They don't have to do anything

Locked out is not to your advantage

I had one that needed paid last year turned over and was not locked out but if I were I would have paid " Johnny on the spot"

I went ahead and paid it yesterday - I have a reservation next week and got worried it might cause a problem.

What annoys me is that the bill showed up after 12/27 when I paid the other maintenance fees, so we are talking about being locked out of an account within hours of a balance being transferred to me from the previous owner and days before they could even generate a statement. I get that they want to get paid, but that's a terrible way to do business.

-Scott

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
It would have caused a problem. They will suspend reservation use till paid.

Another guy this year had a problem, always pays his MF's at the end of Jan because he doesn't get fined till the 31st of Jan. though its due Dec 31. Why give them money till he really had too. He always vacations in Jan and never had a issue till this year, he was emediatly locked out of his account this year till it was paid.

Dave

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
HICV may have had a billing update to fix this - received a maintenance bill on a newly transferred unit this month and it looks like they give you 30 days to pay it! Much more reasonable.

-Scott

Debrajo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Desert Club Resort
I don’t know about the problem being fixed yet Scott.

I purchased three Lake Geneva units that finally transferred in January. HICV has taken their sweet time getting the maintenance fees into the system, and as they do they show immediately as overdue. I had one show up on Friday and my account was suspended then and there. This was the second time it has happened. I paid it then got on the phone again with Capital Management. They say that’s just how their system works.

ETA I also don’t understand how the suspension isn’t automatically lifted once payment is made. It took the weekend for them to lift it this time. Grrrr.

Last edited:

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t know about the problem being fixed yet Scott.

I purchased three Lake Geneva units that finally transferred in January. HICV has taken their sweet time getting the maintenance fees into the system, and as they do they show immediately as overdue. I had one show up on Friday and my account was suspended then and there. This was the second time it has happened. I paid it then got on the phone again with Capital Management. They say that’s just how their system works.

ETA I also don’t understand how the suspension isn’t automatically lifted once payment is made. It took the weekend for them to lift it this time. Grrrr.

Payments are processed at night - I would have expected it to to be fixed Saturday morning.

It's disappointing to here that the same old nonsense is still happening with account suspension before you receive a bill. :(

-Scott

Debrajo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Desert Club Resort
They just did it again to me. My final Lake Geneva unit maintenance fee showed up as due/past due on Friday. I’m on vacation and due to check into Scottsdale tomorrow. Had I not signed in this morning to look over the details of our reservation I may have found it cancelled due to an account suspension. This is a poor way to run accounting for such a large property as this.

sehansen2

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV - Cape Canaveral
HICV - Lake Geneva
HICV - Marco Island
I just got my account suspension experience. After purchasing a Lake Geneva unit off eBay last year, the points showed up in my account late December or early January with no maintenance fee due. I thought maybe I got lucky and the previous owner had paid to my benefit - turns out no. The account suspension hit sometime in the past week when the bill finally posted over two months late. No invoice available to view, and from what I can tell they incorrectly charged me for the $29 Lake Geneva fee again. I paid it right away to get the account freed up. Don't want spring break in Cocoa Beach screwed up!

Glad I was keeping an eye out here for news, and that each of you posted about your experience.

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got my account suspension experience. After purchasing a Lake Geneva unit off eBay last year, the points showed up in my account late December or early January with no maintenance fee due. I thought maybe I got lucky and the previous owner had paid to my benefit - turns out no. The account suspension hit sometime in the past week when the bill finally posted over two months late. No invoice available to view, and from what I can tell they incorrectly charged me for the $29 Lake Geneva fee again. I paid it right away to get the account freed up. Don't want spring break in Cocoa Beach screwed up!

Glad I was keeping an eye out here for news, and that each of you posted about your experience.

While the Lake Geneva fee is only charged once per account, if it is billed to an owner while a deed transfer is in progress, the new owner is responsible for paying it even if they already paid it on another deed - I've argued about that one before and lost. HICV's position is that if it was a valid charge when the bill was issued, then it has to be paid. However, if you buy a Lake Geneva unit directly from HICV, they will charge you the $29 fee, but that one is refundable if you show them that you already paid it on another deed.

-Scott