• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagunamar Questions

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Thanks for the visual!

We will have the driver take us there, before we check-in. We have a 3 or 3:30 arrival time at the Cancun airport. It will make it easy to swing by prior to checking in at the resort.

It's easy to get to by bus, but it's best to take a cab back. If you planned on the bus back you would have a hard time finding out where to go because the drop-off and the return are in two entirely different places because this place is in the middle of a divided highway.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
All things considered, this place RULES!
IMG_1420.JPG

elleny76

Reaction score
The other thread is sooooooo long, and I have read something like 12 or 13 pages and decided to just post my questions outside the mega thread. I hope someone will respond. :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1)TONS of restaurants across the street in the Mall. Walk all the way to the end of the marina you will find them.
(2) Right in front on the mall on the right side Cambalache Argentina restaurant ( beautiful place)
(3) Get the bus back and forth on the tourist cancun zone . You will find more restaurants, bars etc (The public bus is safe $50 cents I think it was ) We went to the supermarket and restaurants by public bus. At first was weird and we were a little bit scare but after one ride we just love it.

Have fun!

elleny76

Reaction score
Thanks for the visual!

We will have the driver take us there, before we check-in. We have a 3 or 3:30 arrival time at the Cancun airport. It will make it easy to swing by prior to checking in at the resort.
We took the bus to Selecto supermarket ($.50cents) no more than 10 minutes ride. They have anything you want and /or Need.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
We take the bus and get off at the Hard Rock Cafe, sit on the beach patio, order dessert, enjoy the scenery and the music. Then we walk over to Selecto Chedraui for some groceries and then catch the bus back.

Although, the last time we liked Chili's dessert even more, or at least my wife did as she is a chocolate connoisseur, lol.

We also go to Soriana for things as well.

Sent from my M6 Note using Tapatalk

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
We haven't been to Lagunamar since 2010 before the new section was done. But have been a couple times since then at other II exchanges So we are Anxious to head back this June.
We have always used either USA transfers or Cancun Transfers. Both have always been extremely easy to work with
Not planning on doing much of anything and certainly wont be cooking too much this year. (Last years vacation consisted of a destination wedding and then vacation with brother and family and I cooked every day) So Ill probably use the delivery service for groceries. lol
Lots of drinks by the pool is what I'm planning. :thumbup:

Lee

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
We haven't been to Lagunamar since 2010 before the new section was done. But have been a couple times since then at other II exchanges So we are Anxious to head back this June.
We have always used either USA transfers or Cancun Transfers. Both have always been extremely easy to work with
Not planning on doing much of anything and certainly wont be cooking too much this year. (Last years vacation consisted of a destination wedding and then vacation with brother and family and I cooked every day) So Ill probably use the delivery service for groceries. lol
Lots of drinks by the pool is what I'm planning. :thumbup:

Lee
Canada Transfers is also very good, at least comparable with USA Transfers.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Happy hour everyday. 3-4pm at pool bars and beach chairs and 5-6 at Sports Bar.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
Happy hour everyday. 3-4pm at pool bars and beach chairs and 5-6 at Sports Bar.

Is the happy hour 2 for 1 or just a reduced price?

PassionForTravel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Can't speak for this one (going in December) but I've never seen a Mexican happy hour which is not 2 for 1, we've been down here for four weeks now and sampled lots of happy hours.

Ian

Saaz124

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't speak for this one (going in December) but I've never seen a Mexican happy hour which is not 2 for 1, we've been down here for four weeks now and sampled lots of happy hours.

Ian
The happy hour I remember last month was reduced prices. My wife to a break so I was the only one drinking and I got reduced prices, not 2 for 1.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The happy hour I remember last month was reduced prices. My wife to a break so I was the only one drinking and I got reduced prices, not 2 for 1.
I think it was half price drinks. Thus, almost the same as 2 for 1 depending on what you get. Drinks were different priced depending on what you get.

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
We got 2-for-1 a month ago...at both the pool bar and Dunas. The choices were limited, though.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
It was half price on Margaritas and a small selection of beer. They have a menu.

Reaction score
Is there an online grocery delivery service, where you can just order what you want and have it delivered to your villa?

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is there an online grocery delivery service, where you can just order what you want and have it delivered to your villa?
I understand that Soriana will deliver. I saw many full bags of groceries waiting to go out when last there. But the walk there and back is not bad...about 12 minutes portal to portal for this 82-year old. If you use a backpack as your carry-on or have a wheelie, you can easily load up and trundle things back to your unit.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I understand that Soriana will deliver. I saw many full bags of groceries waiting to go out when last there. But the walk there and back is not bad...about 12 minutes portal to portal for this 82-year old. If you use a backpack as your carry-on or have a wheelie, you can easily load up and trundle things back to your unit.

I agree completely if one is buying only a couple of items.

But if you add bottled water (the coffee tastes better with it), beer, and more than a few items, the delivery service becomes very convenient.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
I mentioned earlier that I was charged 30 pesos for delivery, about$1.75. They meet you down at the PB level in the Lobby elevator. They can not deliver to your room. Tip the delivery person please. A bellman can help if necessary. Very convenient.

HeidingOut

TUG Member
Reaction score
Headed back in April....counting the days! It will be a short trip 5 days/4 nights. But, looking forward to some R&R and Margaritas!

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
Definitely pesos. You don’t get as as much value using USD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk