• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Leftover Points Expiring Next Month

JudiZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
At long last, our Wyndham transfer was completed. I went on the site today and I have been credited my points but there are also 95,000 leftover points transferred to my account that have to be used by the end of the year. What do I do with those? I looked at all the options but there don't seem to be any since it is the end of the year. I even looked for ways to use them in the relatively local area. Can someone explain what, if anything, I can do with these? I have read everything about Wyndham and learned much from you all but this wasn't even something I had thought of...

Thank you for your help.

Best,
Judi Z

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
If you can't find a nearby/convenient way to vacation in the Wyndham system before the end of December, you can deposit them to RCI. You'll have two years to use them for an RCI exchange at that point. If your RCI account isn't set up and/or linked to your Wyndham account yet, you'll want to start bugging them about it.

JudiZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I already have an RCI account so I will contact them. Thanks so much. Bottom line is that I didn't pay for these but I still hate leaving things to waste. Again, thanks.

DRIless

Reaction score
At long last, our Wyndham transfer was completed. I went on the site today and I have been credited my points but there are also 95,000 leftover points transferred to my account that have to be used by the end of the year. What do I do with those? I looked at all the options but there don't seem to be any since it is the end of the year. I even looked for ways to use them in the relatively local area. Can someone explain what, if anything, I can do with these? I have read everything about Wyndham and learned much from you all but this wasn't even something I had thought of... Thank you for your help. Best, Judi Z
I had a similar situation with 920,000 points from a recent purchase of Midtown 45 and saved them to 2018 for $99

jaygould

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Saving points to next year's Wyndham account this late in the year (after Sept 30) only works for Platinum members. Non-VIP accounts can only transfer to RCI, which basically cuts their booking value in half, but still worth something.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
We move them into RCI. There's no charge to do it so nothing lost if you don't end up using them there.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
We move them into RCI. There's no charge to do it so nothing lost if you don't end up using them there.
RCI deposits no longer require a reservation transaction? Or are you saying 'no charge' because you had reservation transactions available?

Aggiechick08

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Silver Owner
RCI deposits no longer require a reservation transaction? Or are you saying 'no charge' because you had reservation transactions available?

We are on Wyndham points with RCI as an option. It doesn't cost us anyting to move points over, but when we book a vacation with them using points there is a $239 booking fee in addition to points used. Does that help answer?

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
We are on Wyndham points with RCI as an option. It doesn't cost us anyting to move points over, but when we book a vacation with them using points there is a $239 booking fee in addition to points used. Does that help answer?

Unless you are the version of VIP that gets unlimited reservation transactions, it does cost you an RT (reservation transaction) to deposit in RCI. Non VIP owners get 1-RT for each 77k points they own. After you use them up they cost $19 each time you use an additional one.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Unless you are the version of VIP that gets unlimited reservation transactions, it does cost you an RT (reservation transaction) to deposit in RCI. Non VIP owners get 1-RT for each 77k points they own. After you use them up they cost $19 each time you use an additional one.
That's what I thought... although I will admit I was sorta hoping that was a new benefit that I wasn't aware of!

Aggiechick08

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Silver Owner

Interesting. So many different "plans" out there.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Interesting. So many different "plans" out there.
'

There is really only one plan and the rules are all in the 2014-2015 directory and the 2017 supplement.

gwynhyvar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA (San Diego RARP)
Waikiki Beach Walk
Hope I can tag on here, rather than start a new thread, since my question is related.

I don't think I have an RCI account associated with my Wyndham info... I looked at conversion to next use year, but obviously past the deadline for this year. Would I call Wyndham to get this RCI info set up?

Also, is it worth the 13,500 points I have remaining in 2017 to do all this?

Last, I will have 13,000 left over in 2018 (210,000-197,000). Should I move that to 2019 use year right away in Jan? Doesn't seem like I'd find much to use that with, unless I rent points or something for a short vacation.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Hope I can tag on here, rather than start a new thread, since my question is related.

I don't think I have an RCI account associated with my Wyndham info... I looked at conversion to next use year, but obviously past the deadline for this year. Would I call Wyndham to get this RCI info set up?

Last, I will have 13,000 left over in 2018 (210,000-197,000). Should I move that to 2019 use year right away in Jan? Doesn't seem like I'd find much to use that with, unless I rent points or something for a short vacation.

Is this a recent resale purchase? What makes you think that your RCI account is no setup? What do you see when you go to My Ownership and click on exchanges? If this is a resale purchase, even if you add the 13,500 points together with the 2018 13,000 for a total of 26,500, that is really not enough to make a reservation anywhere. And the points only last for 2 years once deposited into RCI.
I have never made an RCI deposit from 2 use years at once. It might cost you two reservation transactions, I’m not sure.

Aggiechick08

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Silver Owner
'

There is really only one plan and the rules are all in the 2014-2015 directory and the 2017 supplement.
Thats interesting. We have not incurred any extra fees by tranferring our points over.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Thats interesting. We have not incurred any extra fees by tranferring our points over.

If you are talking about depositing point in RCI. That costs one RT. So if you have an RT left, it doesn't cost anything. If you don't have an RT left then it costs $19.00. If you are VIP you might have unlimited RTs.

Aggiechick08

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Silver Owner

Hey there. Our RCI link wasn't set up at first either. I called in and asked them how i could see the RCI options. Took a couple of days for them to get it set up for us. Youre not going through rci.com are you? When you pull up your account tab, the last tab should be exchanges. Click on that and then their should be an option to browse rci exchange options. If that doesnt connect you then youll need to call them to request access to it.

Depending on how many fees youll incur it may not be worth tranferring. RCI express is offering deep discounts on some places( 4200-1500 points a night) for travel that is in the near future. Id probably just bank them for 2019 but honestly your best bet is to call them.

Aggiechick08

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Silver Owner
If you are talking about depositing point in RCI. That costs one RT. So if you have an RT left, it doesn't cost anything. If you don't have an RT left then it costs $19.00. If you are VIP you might have unlimited RTs.

We are silver so that would explain it. Weve transferred multiple times with no issue.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
We are silver so that would explain it. Weve transferred multiple times with no issue.

Silver VIP doesn’t get unlimited RTs. You get the same as everyone else. One RT for each 77k points. So if you have exactly 400k points, you would receive 5 RTs each calendar year.

Aggiechick08

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Silver Owner
Silver VIP doesn’t get unlimited RTs. You get the same as everyone else. One RT for each 77k points. So if you have exactly 400k points, you would receive 5 RTs each calendar year.
Guess they missed our fees last year. I'm not complaining.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Guess they missed our fees last year. I'm not complaining.

They never miss an RT fee. You may not have used all of your RTs throughout the year, but once you do, they will charge you as you book the next reservation. Prior to May of 2017, multiple transactions on the same day only incurred one RT, so it was easy to avoid running out. Since then, every single transaction takes up a RT and once you run out it's $19 a piece.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will pay a $239 reservation fee when booking RCI points, but less points needed then if you booked with Wyndham. 77,000 points will get you a week in a one bedroom off season, 105,000 points needed for high demand season. You also can book Wyndham resorts along with Hilton Vacation time shares through RCI .

gwynhyvar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA (San Diego RARP)
Waikiki Beach Walk
Thanks, I don't see RCI options, so I will have to call. It sounds like 13,500 points might not be worth transferring. I have about the same amount left for 2018, but at least I know far enough in advance to roll those to 2019 use year.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, I don't see RCI options, so I will have to call. It sounds like 13,500 points might not be worth transferring. I have about the same amount left for 2018, but at least I know far enough in advance to roll those to 2019 use year.
If you have a reservation transaction left for this year, it costs you exactly $0 to deposit your leftover points (once you get the RCI account connected properly). Otherwise, you'd have to decide if it's worth $19 to you.

Campbell Vaughn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana St Augustine
In my account it says that I cant deposit my points or transfer to rci as the timeframe for that has expired. I bought these resale in April and they were just transferred in mid October.