• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FREE Cabo Timeshare [FIESTA AMERICANA VACATION CLUB]

Ima Timesharer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fiesta Americana
FIESTA AMERICANA VACATION CLUB - CABO SAN LUCAS (aff:with Hilton Grand Vacation Club)

This is a spectacular, tranquil (no beach vendors) timeshare on the southern tip of Baja California, just outside of Cabo San Lucas - also near San Jose del Cabo. It's on the Sea of Cortez, not on the Pacific side, so you can snorkel in warm water, right off the resort’s beach. The resort is perched on 27 acres of dramatic ocean-front hillside, within the exclusive Cabo del Sol development, sharing some areas with the Jack Nicholas signature Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort and the Hilton Grand Vacation Club. Every unit has a panoramic ocean view. It is an RCI GOLD CROWN beach front resort. There are three large pools, including two infinity pools and a large Jacuzzi. The beach is one of the prettiest in Cabo, with golden sand and rocks, with thatched roofed palapas to lay under. The grounds are lush and beautifully maintained. You will find very few units for rent or sale, compared to Hacienda del Mar, Pueblo Bonito, and other high-end Cabo resorts. Owners at the Fiesta Americana usually use their weeks, as we usually do.

We are offering to give away our two Fiesta American Vacation Club time
654.JPG
shares here in Cabo (3400 points each; 2017 Maint Fees $603.50 ea.; membership fee $239.00; RTU 'till 2045), or the one we have in Cancun (7000 points; 2017 Maint Fees $1242.50; membership fee $239.00; RTU 'till 2045). Additional points can be pulled from future years. We will be keeping whichever one of the three isn’t sold first, since we can stay at any of the resorts. We love them, but no longer can use them all. I would like to split the few hundred dollar transfer fees. The membership and maintenance fees are paid for 2018, in case you want me to make a reservation for you before the transfer is complete. You would reimburse me for the 2018 fees.

There are several restaurants on the premises, from the open air Peninsula, right on the ocean, to a sophisticated wine cellar-like Italian restaurant, and an excellent sushi bar. An all-inclusive option is available for your full stay or for individual days. The units have marble baths and high end toiletries. Most have a large jetted tub. The largest units have private Jacuzzis on one of the balconies. There are well-equipped kitchens (except in studios, which have a microwave and small fridge) and flat screen TVs in living area and BRs. Laundry facilities are available. All units have ocean-facing patios or balconies with lounge chairs.

The resort is about 30 minutes from the airport. Arrangements can be made through the resort to be picked up and taken back, or you may prefer to take a taxi or rent a car which is inexpensive, at least for smaller cars, which gives flexibility to go to La Paz, Todos Santos, other beaches, shopping, or restaurants in San Jose or Cabo San Lucas, etc. A shuttle van is available between the resort and Cabo San Lucas. We’ve used the local busses, too. Costco and Walmart are a short drive to buy groceries.

Use your points from this timeshare to reserve your week(s) at any of the Fiesta Americana Vacation Club resorts in Mexico or at Hilton Grand Vacations Resorts (HGVC) in several countries, if you prefer. Fiesta Americana is also affiliated with othe timesare resorts, and they can reserve your vacation directly at many resorts outside of the U.S., without having to deal with RCI, II, etc., and their fees.

Last edited:

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
MF? Week? Points? Any extra fees?

Ima Timesharer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fiesta Americana
This is 3400 points that can be used any time of the year. In prime season, it would get you about a week and a half in a studio with a balcony, or about six days in a one-bedroom 1 1/2 bath unit with full kitchen and two balconies. All have full ocean views. In less popular time of the year, the 3400 points would give you over a full week in a 3-bedroom or 2 weeks in a one bedroom villa, etc. If you are interested, I could email you the points chart and seasons chart to see all the options for the 3400 points. I actually have two of these 3400 point timeshares.
The MF for 2018 is $625.60 and the club membership fee is $240.00. Thanks for your inquiry.

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
We stayed at this resort for a week a couple weeks ago and sat through the sales presentation. I think your points can be used to pay the all-inclusive fees if you want.

The resort is absolutely beautiful, and the staff is first-rate. The level of guest service is quite high. The only thing that I disagree with in your description is that there is snorkeling off the beach. Technically, yes on especially calm days. But it is not unusual for the lifeguard to be telling people to stay away from the water. It is very rocky, and you definitely need to be a very comfortable snorkeler. I had brought my snorkel gear from home but decided not to attempt it.

Ima Timesharer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fiesta Americana
Yes. You are right, Janann. There is a long, beautiful beach for sunning, watching the sea, etc., with beach lounges, umbrellas, cabanas, waiter service for food and drinks, etc. but the swimming area with sandy bottom is small and there are a lot of rocks. When we have been there, there have always been people snorkeling, but it is not like it is a big reef or something. It's a small area. One of the best things about the beach is that there are no vendors trying to sell you sombreros and blankets, but there are large, popular snorkeling beaches about 10 minutes north on the "corridor", so you don't have to take a boat excursion to go snorkeling. It is convenient to drive to or to take the public buses. A good thing about the all-inclusive option is that you can choose to do it or not on a daily basis. That makes it good for being able to go to dinner at any of the good restaurants of the resort, without "wasting" all-inclusive points or cash.

Azdro716

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. You are right, Janann. There is a long, beautiful beach for sunning, watching the sea, etc., with beach lounges, umbrellas, cabanas, waiter service for food and drinks, etc. but the swimming area with sandy bottom is small and there are a lot of rocks. When we have been there, there have always been people snorkeling, but it is not like it is a big reef or something. It's a small area. One of the best things about the beach is that there are no vendors trying to sell you sombreros and blankets, but there are large, popular snorkeling beaches about 10 minutes north on the "corridor", so you don't have to take a boat excursion to go snorkeling. It is convenient to drive to or to take the public buses. A good thing about the all-inclusive option is that you can choose to do it or not on a daily basis. That makes it good for being able to go to dinner at any of the good restaurants of the resort, without "wasting" all-inclusive points or cash.
How would free get by right of first refusal by HGVC?

Ima Timesharer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fiesta Americana
Azdro716,
There is no first right of refusal at Fiesta Americana in my contract. Fiesta Americana is an AFFILIATE of HGVC. So, HGVC members can book reservations directly and stay at Fiesta Americana resorts using their HGVC points/weeks, but HGVC club does not control transfer/sale of Fiesta Americana timeshare units/points.

Ima Timesharer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fiesta Americana
I have found someone who wants to take over my Cabo and Cancun Fiesta Americana timeshares. The transfer agent is working on it now. Thanks for your interest.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fiesta Americana Vacation Club
I know it has been a couple of years since this post but were you able to process the transfer of your memberships? if not, I am very interested. Thank you.

Ima Timesharer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fiesta Americana
Yes. I have sold them. The transfer process went smoothly. Use one of the recommended transfer agents you'll find on TUG. They're well worth the modest fee to keep the process moving. Nonetheless, if you find another Fiesta Americana timeshare available, expect the entire process to take about 6 months to be finalized by the time you and the seller complete the paperwork and then Fiesta Americana completes its internal paperwork back and forth between Miami and Mexico City. But, you may be able to make arrangements with the seller to use the timeshare before the transfer is finalized.