• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagunamar [Merged]

wtrjock

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali South
Sheraton Vistana Villages Keywest
Edit...We use The One from the Lagunamar Lobby.
We moved 5 people for $51 with a Newer Suburban, very comfortable. Canada Transfers is cheaper. We might try them next time. If it is just the 2 of us, we take a taxi back to the airport for $20.

Last edited:

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
We used happy shuttles this time and it was $52 return trip for 2 of us, not sharing the ride.

They were on time and stress free. Henrry was out driver (yes, 2 r's, loll

We would use then again.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We use USA transfers. Super easy because they are in the lobby. We moved 5 people for $51 with a Newer Suburban, very comfortable. Canada Transfers is cheaper. We might try them next time. If it is just the 2 of us, we take a taxi back to the airport for $20.
US Transfers is in the lobby of Lagunamar? The Lagunamar concierge does not utilize USA Transfers when scheduling guests for transfers during the pre-arrival contact. Why would USA Transfers now be in the lobby?

And there is UBER
There is and there isn't. There are Uber drivers in Cancun, but they are operating illegally in Quintana Roo. Even taxis technically can't come in to pick up at the airport. At times, Uber drivers have been targeted by taxi drivers. Getting an Uber driver in Cancun may take more work than in places where they are allowed to operate. They often call to verify the ride is legitimate ad taxi drivers often request bogus rides. I certainly wouldn't want to use an illegal service in a foreign country.

BLUE AYES

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton VV KW; Sheraton VV Bella; Westin Lagunamar x 3 (51 & 52) ; Westin Kierland;
Plat. for Life
US Transfers is in the lobby of Lagunamar? The Lagunamar concierge does not utilize USA Transfers when scheduling guests for transfers during the pre-arrival contact. Why would USA Transfers now be in the lobby?

The Lagunamar Concierge uses a service called "The One", unless something has changed recently, USA transfers is NOT the agency in the lobby.

wtrjock

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali South
Crud...You are right...We used The One transfers in October, not USA Transfers. The One is in the lobby and is who the concierge users. Sorry for the misinformation.
beeb2a11b550638c5593d089df50c74e.jpg

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
USA transfers is much cheaper than what the hotel offers. We had 5 people round trip for $65. Always waiting and very courteous drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We use Canada transfers and have always been very happy. Maybe half of the Lagunamar option. You can even order up drinks to be ready when you get to the van.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

RnU

TUG Member
Reaction score
USA Transfer is $55 round trip for 1-3 people, $65 for 4-6. Drop off and pick up in front of the lobby. Reminder emails to check to make sure your flight is still scheduled on time.

Shirtman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar
Does anyone have the current price for the breakfast buffet? I have searched and found several different ones.
Thanks

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

skibummer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV x5 (Scottsdale)
WLR x3 (Cancun)
SVV-Bella x2 (Orlando)
WMH x2 (Palm Springs)
WNORVK (Maui)
Chairman’s Club
Does anyone have the current price for the breakfast buffet? I have searched and found several different ones.
Thanks

We are here now. It is 450 Pesos ($23.38 USD) and half price for kids 11 and under at the Oceano restaurant breakfast buffet on the resort. Owners can get a card from the concierge for 20% off food not including theme night dinners. Exchange rate is 19.25 MXN: 1 USD today. Muy bien.

Last edited:

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
I'm still getting push back from my son about bringing my grandchildren here over spring break due to all the reports of crime etc. I see a few people are there now--I don't plan to really leave the resort except to maybe walk across to the mall that is apparently close by--so wonder your thoughts? I plan to go anyway as I have booked this using restricted points but just wondered what others have seen/heard recently.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
When was the last time 50+ American tourists were killed in the street in Cancun like we experienced in Vegas? I wonder how many countries have a travel advisory for the U.S.?

skibummer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV x5 (Scottsdale)
WLR x3 (Cancun)
SVV-Bella x2 (Orlando)
WMH x2 (Palm Springs)
WNORVK (Maui)
Chairman’s Club
I'm still getting push back from my son about bringing my grandchildren here over spring break due to all the reports of crime etc. I see a few people are there now--I don't plan to really leave the resort except to maybe walk across to the mall that is apparently close by--so wonder your thoughts? I plan to go anyway as I have booked this using restricted points but just wondered what others have seen/heard recently.
We have been coming with our young family multiple times each year for the past 4-5 yrs and as long as you use common sense and avoid late night bars outside the tourist areas and don’t venture downtown at night outside of the Hotel Zone you are likely safer than you would be any any major US city. Also, we have gone to Cozumel to dive and the dive shop drove us to the ferry and back and that was without issue as well. The Hotel Zone brings in billions in tourist money each year for Mexico and it is heavily patrolled, as good or better than any high end gated community in the US. We are coming back for spring break as well. Again, common sense...

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks

If you visit your concierge after checking in, or they may give you this at checkin, you should get a 20% off food and beverage card which is good for the breakfast buffet. Not good for the themed nights however.

Shirtman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar
Yes you can request those, or could this winter.

You can request a building or a high / low floor.not a combo.

Submit it through the online salesforce form.

Sent from my E6603 using Tapatalk

Where is the online salesforce form?

We will be at Lagunamar the end of January. Are most of the north facing balconies in the afternoon sun?

Thanks

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where is the online salesforce form?

We will be at Lagunamar the end of January. Are most of the north facing balconies in the afternoon sun?

Thanks
On the Vistana site, the send a request about your reservation form. Those are processed through a salesforce link.

North facing will depend on floor level. If you are at ground level you will lose sun sooner.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I would think that the south facing balconies would get more afternoon sun than those facing north? At least in the winter. All of the units face east in some way or another. So morning sun is much more prominent. I would say that after about 2:00PM all of the balconies are in the shade?

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Why are all these Lagunamar threads being merged into one huge master thread? It is becoming ridiculous to search a specific topic when everything is merged into one huge thread. I don't want to have to read through 10 or more pages of unrelated info to find what I am looking for. This is becoming as STUPID as the St John Master Threads. Can't find what you want without looking through 100 or more threads. PLEASE STOP COMBINING EVERYTHING BY RESORT.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Why are all these Lagunamar threads being merged into one huge master thread? It is becoming ridiculous to search a specific topic when everything is merged into one huge thread. I don't want to have to read through 10 or more pages of unrelated info to find what I am looking for. This is becoming as STUPID as the St John Master Threads. Can't find what you want without looking through 100 or more threads. PLEASE STOP COMBINING EVERYTHING BY RESORT.
First of all - I haven't combined any posts for a long time - people just keep posting in the same thread.

Secondly, your attitude certainly doesn't motivate me to do anything differently.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Scotten

TUG Member
Reaction score
Returned from our second trip to Lagunamar on Monday and still love this place. Weather was on the cool side (upper 70's) but that was way better than the -5 here in Chicago. The food, beer, weather, beach and exchange rate make this place an awesome vacation spot.

I have not felt unsafe during either trip... we traveled with friends this time and went into the city and bought a ton of groceries (and felt safe during this trip too). Biggest issue was doing TOO MUCH shopping and getting stuck in rush hour traffic there after 5PM.

In 2017 we flew Southwest but used United this time. I didn't bother to look up why, but the United terminal there was WAY nicer.... it was clean and bright, and had some decent (but pricey) eating options when we departed.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
But you can search a thread really easily.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
But you can search a thread really easily.

I've never found that as effective as just being able to read through responses to a specific thread. Post a thread about a specific topic and eliminate all the searching. Keep it simple. Merging all the threads together about a specific resort is like dumping all your papers into your file cabinet without file folders. Nobody does that.

Scotten

TUG Member
Reaction score
Returned from our second trip to Lagunamar on Monday and still love this place. Weather was on the cool side (upper 70's) but that was way better than the -5 here in Chicago. The food, beer, weather, beach and exchange rate make this place an awesome vacation spot.

I have not felt unsafe during either trip... we traveled with friends this time and went into the city and bought a ton of groceries (and felt safe during this trip too). Biggest issue was doing TOO MUCH shopping and getting stuck in rush hour traffic there after 5PM.

In 2017 we flew Southwest but used United this time. I didn't bother to look up why, but the United terminal there was WAY nicer.... it was clean and bright, and had some decent (but pricey) eating options when we departed.

Forgot to add... was renting a car at the "6-plex" rental building (Alamo, Avis, etc.) just down the street from Laganumar and watched a tourist arguing with the Hertz staff and la Policia until the latter started to put him into cuffs. He must have stopped complaining and they let him go. He tried to talk to us as we left the building and it seemed like he had reserved a car, Hertz didn't have one and he called the police. :eek: