• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts questions

JackieD

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 3 bedroom on hold at Summer Bay (not houses)for summer 2018. I have a couple of questions/concerns after looking at reviews (other than Tug). We stayed here around 10 years ago but I'm sure a lot has changed.
I was wondering what the layout would be for this. RCI website says it is a 3 BR/3 Bath, Sleeps 12/10. Would this be a lockout unit?
Is there a lot of extra fees to use the facilities?
Is there a bug/run down unit problem here? Looking at pictures on Trip Advisor are a little concerning.
This would be primarily Universal trip since it will be mostly for my daughter who is graduating from high school and her request before leaving for college :bawl:. It looks pretty far and inconvenient for daily trips there. I would really like to get the HGVC SeaWorld but fear a 3 bedroom won't be too easy at this 'late date' (looking from May 25-Aug 15).
Thanks for any input!!
Jackie

WatsonC2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Villages, Wyndham Grand Desert
My experience is dated (our stay was 3 years ago). We traded via RCI and booked a 4 bedroom which was actually 2-2 bedrooms that shared a locking foyer. Our 2 bedroom units were extremely large even by timeshare standards. We went with an extended family group, most of whom don't have timeshares so this resort was ideal (it can be booked affordably via most hotel booking sites.) The grounds are large and have a lot of amenities. We enjoyed one of the pools that had a pool bar/restaurant. Food was good and they did movie night every other night I think. We only really discovered the beach with the inflatable trampolines the last day. There was an additional fee for that. THey also had a zipline, and some other like things that had fees. We were there to do Disney and found it to be about 20 minutes most days so Universal will be longer. I would not hesitate to stay there again. My advice is buy insurance when you book with RCI and try to re-book where you want to be (it sounds like you have an idea where you'd rather be).

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
Did you look at Cypress Pointe? It has 3BR units, activities for families, a location within walking distance of shops and restaurants, just a short drive to Disney Springs, and it's located on the OTHER side of Disney, closer to Universal, so you wouldn't have to drive past Disney traffic. Compared with Summer Bay or Holiday Inn Vacations (Orange Lake), you'd shave at least 15-30 minutes off your one-way commutes to/from Universal. Today, I see availability in RCI within your dates. It's not unusual to find a single 3BR unit pop up now and then.

JackieD

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your replies and suggestions! I did release the Summer Bay and started an ongoing search with specific resorts including some 2BR - 8. Lisa, I do see the Cypress Pointe and CP Grand Villas. What's the difference between the two?

I may have to start another thread for this one since I can't figure out how to change the title...
I am also wondering about Vistana Resort vs. Vistana Villas at the Fountains?
Regular Vistana lists in their room descriptions- a 2 BR 8/8, 2 BR 8/6. However, when I look for availability ANY time it only shows 2 BR 8/6. Is there such a thing as 2 BR 8/8 there?

Our dates have changed a little with a smaller window since we are now trying to have friends join with my 2 daughters (one will graduate college and the other high school :)). One daughter will be 22 when we go so I imagine she and her friend would enjoy a resort with maybe a bar/lounge and all of them would like the opportunity for hanging out by bigger pools. We are only going to UO/IOA parks 3 days (yeah right, somehow it always increases...) so probably staying at the resort more than usual. Any other suggestions?
Thanks again!