• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ALL INVENTORY GONE!!!

almost retired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed this, lots of availability yesterday, even lots of single nights that were not bookable yet, but Grand Desert, Smoky lodge, Bonnet Creek, Reunion, Daytona Beach and I am sure there is more resorts emptied out, but not a night to be found.. looks a bit suspicious...It was good until they had the website go down again having a update.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Has anyone else noticed this, lots of availability yesterday, even lots of single nights that were not bookable yet, but Grand Desert, Smoky lodge, Bonnet Creek, Reunion, Daytona Beach and I am sure there is more resorts emptied out, but not a night to be found.. looks a bit suspicious...It was good until they had the website go down again having a update.

Of course it looks suspicious... check Wyndham's rental sites... bet there is inventory !

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Of course it looks suspicious... check Wyndham's rental sites... bet there is inventory !

A quick look at Ocean Walk confirms this. I checked a weekend in November -- nothing on the web site, scattered availability on Extra Holidays. December 9-16: nothing on the website; Only four 2BR Deluxe units and Only four 3BR Deluxe units. If a particular type unit has no availability, it says so on Extra Holidays. Many unit types have no annotation at all. Presumably, there are more than four of those available.

Of course, all of November and December are within the 60 day window inside of which Wyndham can take units for its own use. Looks like they did it!

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Man I’m glad I’m did not fork over a fortune for VIP. This would seem to hurt your discount.:mad:

Maybe you will get lucky and the ones they can’t rent they will put back in pool

Last edited:

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Of course, all of November and December are within the 60 day window inside of which Wyndham can take units for its own use. Looks like they did it!
This is entirely within the rules, if this is what happened.

Wyndham paid the maintenance fees on unreserved units. If the units do not rent, Wyndham eats the loss just like any other owner, who may have reserved the same units before 60 days and not cancelled within 15 days.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not think Wyndham pays any maintenance fees for units they may take at 60 days or less. If they do not show units as available and have them in some form of hold status and they go into the 60 day window they I think they can take their percentages of the available units. To the extent that Wyndham owns units that are caught up in this weather mess, they may be taking losses on those units.

jumoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just had an instant upgrade not be honored.
It is 10:00pm in Las Vegas. My guest just checked in and said he didn't think he was in the proper unit, so I call the resort.
They say that the upgrade could not be honored because they didn't have the upgraded unit. I got NO email notification. I got NO notification what-so-ever until the guest called and said "I don't think we are in the unit we are supposed to be in". The manager at Grand Desert said "we gave them the original unit because we don't have the upgrade", and that I have to call Owner Care about why I wasn't notified. That helps a whole lot when Owner Care closed over 4 hours ago, and my guest just checked in......

Reaction score
I noticed 100% of Nov was missing at Grand Desert and called the resort yesterday to see if they could share the cause and expected "reopen" date. They told me they had "no idea" and were "not aware" of any issues with inventory. Hm - looks like the system created phantom inventory that it allowed people to be book again! The staff is aware is the issues tonight! Is it possible that they did not know yesterday?

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Wyndham paid the maintenance fees on unreserved units. If the units do not rent, Wyndham eats the loss just like any other owner, who may have reserved the same units before 60 days and not cancelled within 15 days.

Says the Wyndham employee. Shill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
The hotels, that have one or two token rooms so that WYN can advertise that we have access don't concern me (albeit would be nice if we really could book there). I learned my lesson with the Mills House in Charleston (also showing no availability whatsoever). I think at some point they'll dump one token room for the year. Those rooms are better found elsewhere - I used my Wyndham rewards for the Mills House - was actually cheaper than using my WYN points.

Now these other places with now availability - like Bonnet Creek, Las Vegas, Nashville, the timeshare resorts that people are reporting on. That's concerning, IMO.

DRIless

Reaction score

No way does Wyndham pay the MF on unreserved units! Hopefully they pay the MF on developer inventory, but it's not necessarily developer inventory until they claim it for use. Units not used/burning just make more competition for remaining units among owners and the developer. When they take it to rent they should be paying the MF but then they dump it back into TSowner inventory and absolve themselves of it the way I see it.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
No way does Wyndham pay the MF on unreserved units! Hopefully they pay the MF on developer inventory, but it's not necessarily developer inventory until they claim it for use. Units not used/burning just make more competition for remaining units among owners and the developer. When they take it to rent they should be paying the MF but then they dump it back into TSowner inventory and absolve themselves of it the way I see it.

Any units Wyndham has for sale are developer inventory and Wyndham does pay MF on them whether they reserve them or not, just like everyone else. Units they grab at 60 days are deducted from the total points wyndham owns. The assumption is that Wyndham will always own far more points than they use for rentals, but I do not think the rules require that.

johnstonga

TUG Member
Reaction score
At Patriot's Place in Williamsburg, ALL future inventory disappeared a few days ago and has not yet come back.

There's still inventory available at the other two Williamsburg resorts, but Patriot's Place is a total Void. Odd.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Talked with the resort. Someone identifying themself as a manager advises they are a fixed week property and recommends through Extra Holidays or RCI.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just talked with a Wyndham Representative, she advised that they are having problems with inventory and inventory is on hold.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, Patriot's Place. It is interesting that RCI and Extra Holidays appear to be the name of the game at this resort.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
This happened to us, years ago, for two different resorts. Resort staff had pointed to computer issues at the root of both problems back then. ???

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score

Always seemed like a strange coincidence how there may suddenly be availability showing the night before check in that wasn't there before. I always have found it unlikely that a large number of Club Owners have the courtesy to cancel a day prior when they can't make their trip. Seems like most would have cancelled at the earlier deadline to recover their points. Perhaps it is inventory taken via the breakage policy rules that is later released back to the Club Owner pool to avoid the financial responsibility. Sad to think that may be the case- but it wouldn't surprise me at this point....

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Checked Star Island and Wyndham Great Smokey Lodge neither were showing available through November 2018 for me.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham Great Smokey Lodge is now show as available for me.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked Wyndham Patriots Place. No inventory is showing as available showing through November 2018. Called Wyndham, the representative indicated that yesterday and today they are having problems pulling up inventory at a number of resorts. Some fixes are affecting availability at other resorts.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Inexcusable. Fire them all! Start over with new IT department and corporate heads. These folks are incompetent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk