• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What do you have to do to get through to reservations?

Tokapeba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Mountainside, Worldmark, Ridge Tahoe
I called reservations today and after being on hold for a few minutes it asked if I would like a call back instead of waiting on hold. Being at work I agreed and left my information. It said it should only be about 15 minutes.

I never received a call. I had this happen before as well. The last time I had been on hold for about an hour and didn't want to wait any longer.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I called reservations today and after being on hold for a few minutes it asked if I would like a call back instead of waiting on hold. Being at work I agreed and left my information. It said it should only be about 15 minutes.

I never received a call. I had this happen before as well. The last time I had been on hold for about an hour and didn't want to wait any longer.

By reservations, I guess you mean Owner Services?
It was an Inventory release day yesterday and as you have experienced it does seem to be getting increasingly difficult to get through quickly to make a reservation on these days.
This problem was probably compounded yesterday, as I posted on another thread, because the European Owner Services phone lines in Cork were down for a couple of hours because of Storm Ophelia which I believe resulted in many more calls being handled in the US.
Having said that, saying they should call back in about 15 minutes and not calling back at all is very poor indeed.

jd2601

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing this weekend with owner services. Half hour hold time and did the call back thing. Never heard back and tried a second time and then gave up. I have had numerous issues with owner services lately.

Tokapeba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, I'm new to Marriott and thought they would be better, I guess I was wrong.

Sunbum

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing this weekend with owner services. Half hour hold time and did the call back thing. Never heard back and tried a second time and then gave up. I have had numerous issues with owner services lately.

I did the same thing this morning. After 20 minutes on hold, i asked for a call back. it never came!!!!

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
If part of their operations are in Ireland then that could be the current issue. I am sitting here in the dark. Many people /Areas are still without electric. Electric came partially back on Tuesday at 10 am but went out again overnight. Now 9:30 am Wednesday and no lights.

That does not explain why you did not get a call back beyond the last two days.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The best time to call is in the afternoon. I just called and I waiting on hold for exactly 8 seconds before a rep picked up.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
I called Tuesday and opted for a call back. The call back came with in 10 minutes. No problems and I booked, locked off and deposited with II all in that call with ease for the first time at 13 months for my 2 resorts. I was even a day late on the Thanksgiving release date and to my surprise it was still available. I was beyond pleased.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called Tuesday and opted for a call back. The call back came with in 10 minutes. No problems and I booked, locked off and deposited with II all in that call with ease for the first time at 13 months for my 2 resorts. I was even a day late on the Thanksgiving release date and to my surprise it was still available. I was beyond pleased.

I was planning to do a 13+1 but somehow I lost track and I was a week late. I was still able to still book at 3 out of 4 resorts so it wasn't too bad.

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score
The "system" recognizes your number and knows if you've been naughty or nice. Nice folks are handled first.

Okay, not really. :)

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Timing is everything :rolleyes:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I was planning to do a 13+1 but somehow I lost track and I was a week late. I was still able to still book at 3 out of 4 resorts so it wasn't too bad.

In reality, it all depends on what resort you're trying to book and the week you're trying to book. Calling a week late is fine for some low-demand times, but calling 60 seconds late on high demand weeks can result in "nothing available". Once in a blue moon a high demand time can be booked and then canceled a week later, opening up a week for a few minutes, so we don't know which scenario you experienced.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
To get through stand on your left foot while you face true north, have your right foot in the air facing East, and hold your left ear with your right hand.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
To get through stand on your left foot while you face true north, have your right foot in the air facing East, and hold your left ear with your right hand.
You put your right arm in
your right arm out
In, out, in, out,
You shake it all about.
You do the Hokey Cokey and you turn around
That's what it's all about...

[Chorus]
Woah, the hokey cokey,
Woah, the hokey cokey,
Woah, the hokey cokey,
Knees bent, arms stretched, ra ra ra!

You put your left arm in
your left arm out
In, out, in, out,
You shake it all about.

[Chorus]

You put your right leg in
your right leg out
In, out, in, out,
You shake it all about.

[Chorus]

You put your left leg in
your left leg out
In, out, in, out,
You shake it all about.

All together now
[Chorus]

You put your whole self in
your whole self out
In, out, in out,
You shake it all about.
That's what it's all about.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
In reality, it all depends on what resort you're trying to book and the week you're trying to book. Calling a week late is fine for some low-demand times, but calling 60 seconds late on high demand weeks can result in "nothing available". Once in a blue moon a high demand time can be booked and then canceled a week later, opening up a week for a few minutes, so we don't know which scenario you experienced.

Oh I know. Thanksgiving is one of those higher demand weeks within lower demand/shoulder seasons. It is nothing like booking July 4 on Hilton Head. In theory if enough people use 13+1 or +more the 13 month inventory at really high demand places and weeks can already be long gone before the 9am release. Nothing to release.

Tokapeba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Today I clicked on the "click to talk" button on the popup window after I had logged in and it called my phone. Within 2 minutes I was talking to a reservation agent and she already had all my information. WOW!!!:clap:

Tokapeba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You put your right arm in
your right arm out
In, out, in, out,
You shake it all about.
That might be OK in the UK, but over here it's the "Hokey Pokey"

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm currently calling in to modify a reservation. Currently going on 30 minutes. I may try the click to talk on my cell phone and see which one is faster.

Wow. Click to talk got me right in while my other call was still on hold.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow. Click to talk got me right in while my other call was still on hold.
That is good to hear.
I believe it may depend on volume of calls, technical issues...etc
Last week, I too was trying both and finally got through by dialling in whilst Click to Call was unsuccessful after attempts running in to double figures.