• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Shawnee PA

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Apparently Wyndham is transferring some of their Inventory in Shawnee PA, 5255 Buttermilk Falls Road, Shawnee-on-Delaware, PA (parts of Crestview, Depuy, Fairway Village, Ridge Top, River Village I, and River Village II) to Worldmark. The Point Values for each type of Unit seem very reasonable. Are these popular Resorts in Wyndham? What is the quality? Any information would be helpful.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do not know how popular they are. Was a major Ski Resort area, as far as I know it still is. Ridge Top and Crestview are very nice. The others are not bad. Where did you here this was happening?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Apparently Wyndham is transferring some of their Inventory in Shawnee PA, 5255 Buttermilk Falls Road, Shawnee-on-Delaware, PA (parts of Crestview, Depuy, Fairway Village, Ridge Top, River Village I, and River Village II) to Worldmark. The Point Values for each type of Unit seem very reasonable. Are these popular Resorts in Wyndham? What is the quality? Any information would be helpful.

If by "Wyndham" you mean Club Wyndham Plus, I think it would be incorrect to say Wyndham is transferring some of their Inventory to Worldmark. Wyndham didnt develop this place Rather Wyndham got the management contract and ownership of some of the intervals. They put them into Club Wyndham, Now it seems Wyndham got control of some more of the intervals, and is putting them into Worldmark. This seems to me to be similar to what happened at the Avenue Plaza resort in New Orleans. Wyndhan got the unsold inventory and management contract, and then put some of the units into Club Wyndham and some of the units into Worldmark, but much of the place remained in the ownership of people that bought from the original developer. Now as these non wyndham intervals are lost to foreclosure, Wyndham puts them into one or the other of the clubs. I think the same thing is happening at Shawnee. Some of the intervals Wyndham has have been added to Club Wyndham and now some others are being added to Worldmark.

Regarding quality and a little bit of the history, heres what one person has to say about one of the villiages on TripAdvisor
|
"Lets talk bout location. Out of all the villages in the Shawnee cluster this one is my favorite. You are in prime walking distance to the Inn which has restaurants inside as well as one on the gold course. This is also home to Shawnee River Trips if you are interested in that kind of thing too.

This are is good for many things, outdoor activities being the top. Fall is the best time for hiking, and summer for rafting. Spring is a good time to come to see the blooms. Festivals abundant, there are also plenty of ski areas in the winter and an awesome water park (Camel Beach) in the summer.

Units are dated somewhat, but now that Wyndham has taken over, I have seen many improvements, in both cleanliness and updates. New couches, added new siding, bathrooms, and flat screens. My husband and I owned before Wyndham so we are familiar with how things were run. We had no issues with the bare necessities. But when Wyndham came in and their client base followed, they were giving bad reviews left and right.

Wyndhams properties are amazing, clean, new and high end. This is not that kind of place. And while I LOVE Wyndham, this was not built by them, and they still have to fight with an HOA committee They own the rights to manage it, not change it), they have been getting things done slowly but surely.

So come here expecting basics, not the fabulous things you are used to at Wyndham. Its a cabin like atmosphere and you will love it if you take it for what it is!"

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...re_Pocono_Mountains_Region_Pennsylvania.html#

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Review is a bit dated. Crestview was developed by Wyndham and not really a cabin based structure. I am not sure, but I think the water park is not open at this point. The Shawnee Cluster of resorts has a long history where Fairfield and subsequently Wyndham took a number of the resorts but not all and not the Shawnee Inn. The greatest part of the mountain resorts is a nearby General Store with Breakfasts that are unreal as being great.

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just talked with Shawnee Village Resort, they indicated Worldmark people can start booking in January starting in March the Worldmark units are coming from another developer's units.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
from Worldmark's home page:
Worldmark home page said:
All-Season Vacations in the Poconos

Your latest proposed future resort, WorldMark Shawnee Village in Shawnee-on-Delaware, Pennsylvania, is now accepting reservations for stays beginning as early as March 2018.
Heh, heh ... I had wondered, at first, why we were discussing Shawnee Village under the Worldmark forum. Oh, I now see. How interesting. That is a strange breakout from the normal geographical pattern, isn't it? I wonder if that means we might start seeing more 'native network' WM locations east of the Mississippi?

On a personal note, I'm quite intrigued and easily see myself booking this location someday. Of all our family homes, my personal favorite was waterfront along the Delaware River. I'm quite eager to return for a visit! Yippie!

Edited to add: I'm liking the point chart on this location. :D

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Fixed Week MFs are under $700 for any week in almost all villages for the 2/2 units.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
Crestview was developed by Wyndham in recent years and is hands down far superior to the others. Crestview has a modern room layout matching other newer Wyndham resorts such a Great Smoky Mountains, great size, well decorated and very clean. Meanwhile the one time I stayed in a ridge top I was frankly embarrassed that the extended family saw such a run down, dirty place with dated furnishings.

Bob

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
the one time I stayed in a ridge top I was frankly embarrassed that the extended family saw such a run down, dirty place with dated furnishings.

And after Crestview, Ridge Top is probably the nicer ones from what I have heard and seen. I am staying at Depuy in December for the first time. My expectations aren't high, but it is for 2 nights and I am close by. It is mainly to get the kids on some tubes and use a few points I had that were expiring.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I hope this isn't like Pagosa Springs. Many of the units available to WM owners (not Club Pass) aren't remotely up to WM standards and they don't offer any clues at all on the web site. At least what I saw of the WM website for this property you got a better chance to knowing what you are getting.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The reality is Shawnee is not just one resort. There are many different HOAs and a number of different building types. A number are cabin like units built over a period of time.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
5 HOAs .... with slightly more unit types.

Each HOA used to be controlled by the owners (the owners' elected representatives) .... it MIGHT have changed recently or Wyndham is at least running the agendas. But the MFs have truly been steady and very low compared to the Wyndham managed resort's 2/2 units.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I hope this isn't like Pagosa Springs. Many of the units available to WM owners (not Club Pass) aren't remotely up to WM standards and they don't offer any clues at all on the web site. At least what I saw of the WM website for this property you got a better chance to knowing what you are getting.
Sadly, my initial expectations read, "Yeah, likely to be much like Pagosa Springs ... with very little consistency in unit quality." It could take years to bring the unit furnishings, decor and equipment up to standard.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fixed Week MFs are under $700 for any week in almost all villages for the 2/2 units.

2 bedrooms red season are 9100 to 10700 credits which at 7 cents a credit is pretty close to the fixed week price

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Sadly, my initial expectations read, "Yeah, likely to be much like Pagosa Springs ... with very little consistency in unit quality." It could take years to bring the unit furnishings, decor and equipment up to standard.

Unfortunately, this is just like Pagosa Springs in that WM has very little control about bringing the units up to standards. For true WM resorts, WM is in control and can do upgrades. At these resorts with a zillion HOAs, each HOA has the control over what happens for refurbishments, etc. WM will get whatever the HOA decides. WM has a good reputation for consistency of quality but these type of resorts cause problems with that.