• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Please help Wounded Warriors with Expiring Hyatt Points

SunandFun83

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Canyon Villas, Grande Vista, Ocean Pointe
Hyatt: Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Pinion Point
The US Army has a Wounded Warrior Regiment at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio. I have a contact who has helped me gift reservations at Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch to wounded warrior families. My first guest was a family with the man having lost a leg in Iraq. He volunteered in the support center to help the other soldiers while completing his physical therapy. The kids loved the lazy river. My second guest was a couple. The wife was caring for a severely wounded soldier with a closed head injury. I just called today to donate a reservation for the end of this month.

if you have points in LCUP, and, it looks like they are going to expire, please consider making a gift to a wounded warrior family by making a reservation at Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch. Your only out-of-pocket cost is the reservation fee and the guest certificate, $83. If $83 in fees is going to cause you to let your points expire, contact me, and I will see if someone will pick up the cost.

Active duty wounded soldiers have physical therapy every day. The best reservations are Thursday check-in for two or three nights in a studio or a one bedroom. Soldiers who have been discharged who live in the area can use a four night or full week reservation. The best reservations are the one bedroom. You all know the four night is the best value. Early August is good for school age kids. The weather is still great for the pool in September and October.

Please email me at sunandfun83@gmail.com for more information or to arrange to donate a reservation.

dahntahn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs, Hyatt Beach House, Hyatt Coconut Plantation
What a terrific idea, way to go, Sun and Fun! I do not have any such points now but if and when I do, this is a great way to make use of them.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thanks, Sun and Fun, for this great idea. I'm saving this thread for future reference.

4Reliefnow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update: I had a week at Hyatt Wild Oak that I could not use. We arranged for a young soldier to go with his wife and two little girls. They had a great time with the lazy river and kids activities. They were kind enough to send me a photo album of their stay and some projects from the craft program.

Handicap access rooms are one bedroom ( no studios)
The active duty soldiers find 3 night weekend best. They have medical treatment and rehab almost every day.

Please PM me if you have points and want the contact info.

tegs_1980

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sun and Fun you have such a big heart. What a wonderful idea of honoring Service members who made the ultimate sacrifice.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
kudos to putting forth the effort to help out vets. I had contacted them awahile ago to inquire if they would take timeshare weeks on donation and they werent interested. after that, and the scandal involving their executives...I lost any desire to be involved with them at all and send my charity donations elsewhere now.

Is nice to hear they changed their mind on the timeshare donation part though!