• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Scottsdale or other AZ area activities in summer time

laurenb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas
Hi All! I have an even year timeshare at The Westin Kierland Villas in Scottsdale and can't wait for 2018! My husband and I actually have a Platinum season 1br but we are some of the strange folks that love Arizona in the hottest season =) so we get 2 weeks for the price of 1. I am just curious if anyone has recommendations for an overnight trip. Last summer we did the Grand Canyon and stayed for a night. I am wondering if anyone has recommendations for day outings or overnights. I've been considering Antelope Canyon. Thanks in advance!

nightnurse613

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sedona (day trip or overnight) is an obvious choice. Take a Pink Jeep tour, There are plenty of day hikes. Antelope Canyon is a great choice (stay in Sedona on your return for a night then go on a tour).

ottawasquaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just thought of one if you like good eats! Overnight in Winslow at La Posada. Dine in their Turquoise Room. Lots of great dining in the Valley, but this is special if you like historical inns and such.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Just thought of one if you like good eats! Overnight in Winslow at La Posada. Dine in their Turquoise Room. Lots of great dining in the Valley, but this is special if you like historical inns and such.
We have both stayed at, and eaten at, La Posada. It was one of the Harvey Hotels and has been fairly recently refurbished. The owner has also purchased another Harvey Hotel in Las Vegas (New Mexico) with plans to refurbish that as well.

If you are a train lover you will particularly enjoy eating there. During our dinner we were able to watch the trains go by. The food is very good, the rooms (at least the one we stayed in) was very small and quite noisy. I'm glad we stayed there once, but I probably wouldn't stay there again.

http://laposada.org/

If you do get to Winslow, travel a bit farther west (about 18 miles) to see the Meteor Crater.

http://meteorcrater.com/

zinger1457

Reaction score
Not many folks travel down to southeast Arizona but it's worth a two day trip. Places worth visiting along the way, Sonora Desert Museum in Tucson, the wineries in Sonoita, Kartchner Caverns State Park, Tombstone (yes it's a tourist trap but worth 1 visit), Bisbee.

laurenb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas
Thanks for all the ideas. I actually really like Tombstone! I think it's fun.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
If I am remembering correctly and the Sonora Desert Museum in Tucson is actually a zoo, it is only open from about 7am until 12 or 1pm because it is so hot in the summer, so plan to go early. We stopped at Casa Grande ruins and the Biosphere enroute from Scottsdale to Tucson.

cgeidl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Visit Prescott,Cave Creek,Carefree, and Prescott. All make a good day trip. Also follow Apache Junction road and there a

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sedona (day trip or overnight) is an obvious choice. Take a Pink Jeep tour, There are plenty of day hikes. Antelope Canyon is a great choice (stay in Sedona on your return for a night then go on a tour).

Agree. This is a must do if you haven't been there before. The weather will be just a little cooler and nice. Also, you can make it there and back in one day. But, spending one night will allow more time to see it all.

EZ-ED

TUG Member
Reaction score
Musical Instrument Museum in Scottsdale.
Apache Trail Scenic Byway with a stop at Tortilla Flats.
Biosphere 2 near Oracle.
Jerome.
Desert Botanical Garden in Tempe, 2nd Tuesday of every month is free entrance versus $25pp other days
Gertrude's food is excellent.
and if you are into shopping there are many many Steinmarts in Scottsdale and my wife has taken me to everyone of them :)
Enjoy

Last edited:

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
We like the book "Scenic Driving Arizona". One day trip near Sedona that we enjoyed is Apache Trail Scenic Byway. Near Tucson we liked Saguaro National Park Scenic Drive and Sky Island Scenic Byway.

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
We like the book "Scenic Driving Arizona". One day trip near Sedona that we enjoyed is Apache Trail Scenic Byway. Near Tucson we liked Saguaro National Park Scenic Drive and Sky Island Scenic Byway.

Correction: near Scottsdale