• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescinding timeshare Wyndham w/ credit card.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
So I'm at Daytona and I was swindled into contract with Wyndham. I couldn't get to the usps so I made a copy of the letter signed it and sent it with signature necessary through FedEx. I have read that usps is the best bet but I wanted to get it in motion and am willing to stop by a usps Monday when they open on the way back from my 13 hour drive lol. My question is 1. The Contract is bi-yearly 105,000 points with a bonus sign on of 247000, now the Contract was 25xx.xx down and was connected to a Wyndham visa card I was approved for. I was told it will charge my monthly payment to it along with the down payment to said card. It's literally been about 35 hours since signing the contract. Should I wait to cancel the card until the contract is rescinded? Also any input with the rescinding writing if you guys could. Here is how the rescinding is worded.

To the purchaser : you may cancel your contract without penalty or obligation within ten(10) calender days after the date you sign your contract or the date on which you receive the last of all documents required to be provided to you, pursuant to section 721.07(6) Florida statutes, whichever is later. If the developer has made a material and adverse change to the public offering statement prior to your closing you may cancel your contract within ten(10) calenders after your receipt of such changes to the public offering statement.
If you decide to cancel your contract, you must notify the developer in writing of your intent to cancel. Your notice of cancelation shall be effective upon the date sent and shall be sent to :Wyndham vacation resorts, Inc., attention: account servicing operations - rescission department at P.O box 94443 Las Vegas, Nevada 89193 or 10750 west Charleston Boulevard, suite 130, Las Vegas, Nevada 89135.
Any attempt to obtain a waiver of your cancelation rights is void and of no effect. While you may execute all closing documents in advance, the closing, as evidence by delivery of the deed or other document, before the expiration of your ten (10) day cancelation period, is prohibited.

Here is what I sent and plan on sending ding usps to the p.o. Box Monday-

Name
Address
Phone

Wyndham vacation resorts Inc.
Account servicing operations-rescission department
P.O box 94443
Las Vegas Nevada 89193
Current date July 15, 2017

Attention account servicing operations-rescission department,

I am writing to express my intent to cancel my timeshare contract. My name Is C*** St***** and I purchased a timeshare with Wyndham vacation resorts Inc. On Friday 14th, 2017. As stated in the contract regarding this timeshare, I am writing within the recession period to cancel this contract. I am entitled to rescission period by the law of the state of Florida.

Timeshare:Wyndham vacation resorts Inc.
Owner:C*** st*****
Contract number:*****-*******
Date of purchase : Friday July 14th, 2017

1.unforseen Financial burdens
2 . I felt I was pressured and mislead to in the timeshare sales representation

Again, I am canceling my timeshare contract immediately, as this letter was written on July 15th, 2017. Please reply with a written response showing you have received my letter within the rescission period and are therefore canceling my contract. I will also request the information needed to receive the full refund of my on it deposit.

Sincerely, C*** S******

In your first sentence, delete the words "express my intent to." Expressing intent to cancel is not the same as cancelling.

Sorry to be picky but Wyndham will be.

Lloyd240sx

Reaction score
In your first sentence, delete the words "express my intent to." Expressing intent to cancel is not the same as cancelling.

Sorry to be picky but Wyndham will be.
Done! Sending out today on the 4th day of my 10 day grace period finally back from vacation and the 13 hour drive lol

Lloyd240sx

Reaction score
Sent the letter today usps as what you guys said to both addresses just to make sure lol. I also had one delivered that I sent FedEx 24 hours after the contract was signed. The usps one says promotional items on seperate cover. Should I send the Kindle back they gave me or wait? That was given only after signing the contract for the e books the 150 gift card was for coming to the meeting. Does not say to return promotional items in the contract rescind portion.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Vacations
Help. I am rescinding my Bluegrass Vacation contract. I am within the cancellation period. However, the financing was done by them and I was going to pay off with my own funds withing 30 days. I am in remorse as this is too much money for me to contend with owing right now. I have the letter requesting the contract to be cancelled ready to take to the post office and request a return receipt. I had a sampler package as to which I had 6,200 points left. They rolled the points into the contract will I lose these points. How do they handle the financing since they were going to take it directly out of my bank account monthly. Does cancelling do away with all these questions. I also made a down payment. There was only a $25 incentive for the presentation that wasn't attached to whether I bought or not. How in the world do I get into these situations and then regret it. Please help with some answers. Thank you.

WackyLucy

Reaction score
Help. I am rescinding my Bluegrass Vacation contract. I am within the cancellation period. However, the financing was done by them and I was going to pay off with my own funds withing 30 days. I am in remorse as this is too much money for me to contend with owing right now. I have the letter requesting the contract to be cancelled ready to take to the post office and request a return receipt. I had a sampler package as to which I had 6,200 points left. They rolled the points into the contract will I lose these points. How do they handle the financing since they were going to take it directly out of my bank account monthly. Does cancelling do away with all these questions. I also made a down payment. There was only a $25 incentive for the presentation that wasn't attached to whether I bought or not. How in the world do I get into these situations and then regret it. Please help with some answers. Thank you.

The short summary answer is that after you properly submit a timely written rescission to the correct address, you will ultimately be returned to the exact same status you had before you attended that presentation, just as if you had never even attended the presentation at all in the first place.

Last edited:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok I guess my biggest concern is I did it through FedEx when they listed 2 different addresses one being a P.O box and the other being one I have already sent a signature required fedex that should be there by Wednesday. I plan on sending the P.O. box address a certified usps copy also should, and can you send a certified signature letter. To a P.O. Box? Also they gave me a kindle fire tablet with all the books. They do not ask for it to be returned anywhere in the rescind policy so should I not worry about that? Also the deposit was issued to a new Wyndham credit card I've yet to receive. The card number shows the last 4 digits on the paperwork should I call and cancel that now also? Idc to keep the car just don't want them to charge it and for it to be issued and them try some funny business with it? Thanks for the responses guys!

When they receive it at the 10750 W Charleston address, they will process it.