• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Message from the CEO

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dear CLUB WYNDHAM® Platinum Owner,

It’s a privilege to deliver my first CLUB WYNDHAM Platinum Owner update. Like you, vacations hold a special place in my life. Before joining Wyndham in April 2017, I was fortunate to spend more than 25 years in the global hospitality industry. Most recently, I served as the chief operating officer at Hilton Grand Vacations. Prior to that, I held various leadership roles over more than 16 years with Marriott International and Marriott Vacation Club International. In addition to working in the hospitality industry, I am passionate about traveling with my wife and two children.

Mike-Brown-headshot.jpg

Through these experiences, my belief is that vacations are critically important to a balanced and healthy lifestyle. Vacations can be transformative — they’re a pause button enabling us to step away from our regular routines to see the world, embrace new cultures, and strengthen relationships with family and friends. The memories we make together impact our lives for the better.

Since joining Wyndham five months ago, I’ve visited more than 25 CLUB WYNDHAM® resorts and met the teams responsible for creating incredible vacations for our owners. During my travels, I’ve grown even more inspired to help you fulfill your vacation goals. In fact, I’ve worked with the leadership team at Wyndham to create and implement new strategic priorities for our company, the first of which is to deliver great vacations and countless memories for our owners. Everything we do is centered on our commitment to provide you with an excellent ownership experience — and it begins with our efforts to reach out and help you book your next vacation.

I recognize and appreciate the significant commitment you’ve made with us to maximize your travel experiences as CLUB WYNDHAM® Platinum Owners. While at Hilton Grand Vacations, I helped revitalize the loyalty program, and I look forward to bringing that spirit of continuous improvement to the CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus VIP program to ensure it evolves to meet your changing travel needs.

At the Annual Owners Meeting in August, we heard firsthand your ideas for how we can improve the VIP program. During the meeting, Wyndham and Board leaders recapped the strong health of your Club, and several executive panel discussions provided opportunities for constructive dialogue with owners on a range of topics, including the new CLUB WYNDHAM owner website. We recognize that there were challenges following the launch of the website, and we appreciate your patience as we continue to focus on delivering a better online experience.

We heard your feedback, and I’m pleased to report we’re working to implement some of your thoughtful suggestions. For instance, we’re in the process of enhancing the search functionality on the website to improve search options and no longer require you to search by specific unit type. We anticipate this update will be implemented this fall. In addition, we’re actively researching and addressing other concerns you shared with us, including VIP upgrades. I hope you will continue to share ideas about how your ownership and VIP experience could be enhanced.

While I had every intention of attending the Annual Owners Meeting in person, another important meeting taking place on the same day required my participation. The Wyndham Worldwide Board of Directors approved a plan to separate Wyndham Worldwide into two publicly traded companies. With this decision, Wyndham Vacation Ownership will be joined by RCI and Wyndham’s North America vacation rental brands. We’re excited about how this decision will strengthen our ability to offer you the widest variety of vacation opportunities, and I look forward to sharing key updates along the way.

My Wyndham experience to date has been energizing and enlightening. Everything I’ve seen and learned has convinced me that the future of CLUB WYNDHAM is bright, and I’m eager for the journey ahead! In my next update, I hope to share news of exciting projects we’re working on that will expand your vacation options. This is a fresh start for me and a new chapter for CLUB WYNDHAM — I’m honored to be taking this journey with you.

Here’s to great vacations and countless memories!

Sincerely,

michael-brown-signature.jpg

Michael D. Brown
President & Chief Executive Officer
Wyndham Vacation Ownership

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Good to hear at least the search functionality will improve. Now if the ARP can do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pietin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham-Glacier Canyon, Star Island, Cypress Palms, Pagosa Spring, Kingsgate, DVC - OKW, VGF
Thanks for sharing Comicbookman. Us non-VIP would never know what is going on in the company otherwise. Just goes to show you rank has its privileges and us non-Platinum or non-VIP will never know what is going on.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Fluff, puffery, self-promoting and just plain, outright crap. And that is the censored and "G" rated version for TUG.

Wyndham goal is to MAKE MORE MONEY for their upper management via increased salaries and bonus, plus NYSE stock price growth for directors and shareholders with the timeshare owners and renters paying for it.

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
I think I just figured out who ordered the website designers to include huge pictures on the Wyndham site!

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fluff, puffery, self-promoting and just plain, outright crap. And that is the censored and "G" rated version for TUG.

Wyndham goal is to MAKE MORE MONEY for their upper management via increased salaries and bonus, plus NYSE stock price growth for directors and shareholders with the timeshare owners and renters paying for it.
When it comes to healthy relationships, trust is everything. Since the launch of the new website, and other recent changes, trust has been seriously eroded between owners and management. At this point, words mean little unless backed by action. So far, I have personally seen very little action when it comes to correcting the issues/concerns expressed in this forum. Let's see what happens over the next few weeks to see if actions match the rhetoric.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
When is comes to healthy relationships, trust is everything. Since the launch of the new website, and other recent changes, trust has been seriously eroded between owners and management. At this point, words mean little unless backed by action. So far, I have personally seen very little action when it comes to correcting the issues/concerns expressed in this forum. Let's see what happens over the next few weeks to see if actions match the rhetoric.
Well said

I've heard it said that you can't fix a problem until you admit a problem exists

This letter does at least acknowledge the problems

jumoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Isn't it fall now? Lies all Lies.....lol
Fall just started last week on September 22nd. They have until December 20th to count as "fall".
My guess is that we will see it really close to December 20th if it even makes it this fall!

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Comicbookman. Us non-VIP would never know what is going on in the company otherwise. Just goes to show you rank has its privileges and us non-Platinum or non-VIP will never know what is going on.

At this point, it appears to be the only viable "perk" left for VIP owners who purchased developer points at the high dollar amount.

jumoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Until all the Wyndham Extra Vacations renters walk down the hallway and go hey there's a paper on that door handle and takes it.
I didn't even realize the physical paper was still a perk. I keep getting these Press Reader emails...

We're really looking forward to seeing you very soon. And, as a valued CLUB WYNDHAM®Platinum Owner, we are very excited to be able to offer you complimentary access to PressReader™ — a digital newspaper and magazine subscription — during your upcoming stay.

As an added benefit, you are able to access PressReader before your stay and this exclusive access will continue for two days after your currently scheduled departure date.

Access over 6,000 newspapers and magazines from around the world on your phone, tablet, laptop or PC. Download a magazine to read by the pool or choose the audio version if you're hiking the hills. Either way you'll keep connected and stay green with PressReader!

gottashiner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Daytona Beach-Ocean Walk, San Francisco Canterbury
Did VIPs receive this by email? I am Platinum and I received nothing.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
At a recent stay, we got the press reader option and the paper newspaper.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Did VIPs receive this by email? I am Platinum and I received nothing.
I did. It was sent on the 29th. Subject 'CLUB WYNDHAM Platinum Owners - Here's Your CEO Quarterly Update!'

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Received via e-mail. Did not see in on the website.