• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pleasantly surprised by Interval

tarahsu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO | 1BR (ODD)
SDO | 2BD LO (EVEN)
I had traded my week for the Welks Resort in San Diego for my single mom friend who has been struggling for years and just needed a break. Unsurprisingly, the day she was supposed to go to the hotel, she didn't and called for a Saturday night check in. During that time, her 18 year old daughter crashed her BF's car, broke up, kick out of the apartment so she had to move her out and went to the hospital for minor cuts & bruises.

She gets to the hotel and brings everything up to the room including a traumatized, crying 18 yo. The room is not ready with urine in the toilet, trash, wet towels every where. I am sure she didn't get to the hotel until really late.

Hotel offered another room & compensation but it was too much to handle so they drove back home.

I posted this on the II Discussion Board, not expecting much but to warn other fellow timeshare folks. Their customer service rep called me and offer an Accommodation Certificate for a year, no restrictions, no exchange fees.

Amazing.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I don't understand why they just didn't take the other room and compensation?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I don't understand why they just didn't take the other room and compensation?

My guess is with all that happened up until that time, they took it as an omen not to stay. Too bad, staying could have been enjoyable and reduced their stress... But shows how II cares and is good to their customers.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I'm sorry for your friend's problems.

This was very generous of II, because to be quite honest with you, I don't think they were entitled to any compensation.

I think most people who travel are sometimes given a room that isn't ready, and then moved to another room, and I consider this just a normal part of traveling.

tarahsu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO | 1BR (ODD)
SDO | 2BD LO (EVEN)
Definitely true and it's what I would have done. Although I saw another post for that same weekend as to the nightmare of that resort. Laundry bags blocking the hallways and doors, no one cleaning. I think after the day she had dealing with her daughter, she just couldn't deal with another thing.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
On a related note, we just spent 2 weeks at Welk resort in Escondido, our 4th time there and it would be the final time. Unit was dirty when we got into the room, with someone ringing the doorbell 5 min later to let us know her supervisor told her to mop again (we did not call), cobwebs were in all corners of the bathroom the whole time we were there, internet did not work during the first 6 days, despite many calls to the front desk and their outsourced 3rd party IT support, some towels were thin, worn and frayed. My husband told a supervisor there that we won't be back and you could almost detect joy in his voice that he would let his management know.

tarahsu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO | 1BR (ODD)
SDO | 2BD LO (EVEN)
On a related note, we just spent 2 weeks at Welk resort in Escondido, our 4th time there and it would be the final time. Unit was dirty when we got into the room, with someone ringing the doorbell 5 min later to let us know her supervisor told her to mop again (we did not call), cobwebs were in all corners of the bathroom the whole time we were there, internet did not work during the first 6 days, despite many calls to the front desk and their outsourced 3rd party IT support, some towels were thin, worn and frayed. My husband told a supervisor there that we won't be back and you could almost detect joy in his voice that he would let his management know.

You should post on the II discussions board - never know you might get a Accommodations Cert :)

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You should post on the II discussions board - never know you might get a Accommodations Cert :)
LOL. I am pretty mellow these days. Even a year ago, I would have been posting on II, TUG review, Tripadvisor and send an email to Welk management. These days I just let it go.