• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Combined Deposit Expiration Date--2 yrs out

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Just noticed on my RCI weeks account that there is a "special limited time offer" to combine deposits, and have an expiration date 24 months out, rather than 12 months, for only the "combined deposit" fee...no extra extension fee. Ends 9/30. Wish my October week would be in the queue by then...I'd love to take advantage of this!

cyntravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for updating us. I will be using this one.
Cyn

DaveHenry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully, this is an indication that RCI realized what a big mistake they made by raising the combine fee while slashing the duration. A lot of people got the message that RCI thinks that we're stupid. I suspect that the number of combines has dropped dramatically. Some of us are still doing combines to preserve our current TPUs, but we've stopped depositing to RCI. All my prime summer beach weeks are going to rentals now; my other weeks are going to alternative companies. So soon I won't have to pay for any more combine fees, since I'll be out of RCI.
Ironically, many of us were already paying for combines every year, as our deposits reached expiration. The big drop in value is the inability on the ongoing search to go out more than a year, so you can't get a priority place in the ongoing search line.
RCI really knows how to make their product look bad.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hopefully, this is an indication that RCI realized what a big mistake they made by raising the combine fee while slashing the duration. A lot of people got the message that RCI thinks that we're stupid. I suspect that the number of combines has dropped dramatically. Some of us are still doing combines to preserve our current TPUs, but we've stopped depositing to RCI. All my prime summer beach weeks are going to rentals now; my other weeks are going to alternative companies. So soon I won't have to pay for any more combine fees, since I'll be out of RCI.
Ironically, many of us were already paying for combines every year, as our deposits reached expiration. The big drop in value is the inability on the ongoing search to go out more than a year, so you can't get a priority place in the ongoing search line.
I'm thinking that when they roll out the "new platinum"...this will be one of the "benefits." We'll have to wait and see.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Agree with you.

I just finished using up my TPU's and do not plan to use RCI much, if at all. The increasing fees add up if you trade multiple timeshare. My approach now is give away what I don't use and trade, and replace with what I will use.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Agree with you.

I just finished using up my TPU's and do not plan to use RCI much, if at all. The increasing fees add up if you trade multiple timeshare. My approach now is give away what I don't use and trade, and replace with what I will use.
We bought what we'll use for the most part. I have a late October week that we currently trade every year. SOME DAY I won't be tied to the school calendar, and we'll use it for a getaway, since that's quiet time in NH. We also trade our April week 14...sometimes that doesn't hit during break week. Then I usually end up getting three weeks for two by careful planning and combining TPU's. The increasing fees don't make that as good of a deal. :(

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great catch! Thanks for notifying us--I don't know about others, but I didn't receive an email alert about this one.

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up! I will definitely want to take advantage of it.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Thank you. I did a combine this morning. I would not have done it if it was only for 12 months.

baf99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort
Blue Whale
I didn't receive an alert on this. Is it only for platinum members? I have 35 TPU expiring in March and I already have two weeks booked for February. I am really struggling on how to use the TPU before they expire. If I combine with my March 2018 week I lose 6 months on that deposit but gain more time to use the other 35 TPU, if I am eligible for this offer. Decisions...

JackieD

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't receive an alert on this. Is it only for platinum members?

I am not a Premium member and it appears on my account. Thank you so much for posting this information--I am on RCI daily trying to use some of my points that will expire in January. I would have never seen this because I only saw it when I went to "Manage Deposits". I plan to combine soon. Thank you!!

JackieD

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just about to combine my points...waiting until the last minute because of an active ongoing search which will need to be cancelled to combine. That's okay because it was a long shot to use expiring points for time between Christmas and New Year this year anyway.

When I logged into RCI, it looks like the deal is being extended:
Choose two or more Deposits to combine into one week with a higher Deposit Trading Power. You will be charged USD 129 and the Combined Deposit will expire [[EXP]] months from the date of the combine. Special offer: Combine your deposits by 10/31/2017 and get 24 months from the date of the combine.

Procrastinating will buy me one more month for one of my deposits which expires March 2020 so it means it will expire 5 months earlier instead of 6 months.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great to see they're extending the combine offer!
On another note, I just checked to see what the 'new' Platinum offers in these areas, and was not excited to see they're only offering 10% discount on a combine (no mention of extending past one year) and a 25% discount on guest certificates. These were my main two areas of interest.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I went to combine and the two year extension is good through oct 31. I am waiting til late October to see if they extend again. I have two deposits left and would like to extend as far out as I can.

JudiZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I thought I had missed the deadline and was kicking myself for missing the two year combine window. I didn't go back and check and assumed I was out of luck. I hope RCI is beginning to understand the error of its ways.