• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is HGVC trying to exit Trump Vegas?

brick2112

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
LasVegasBlvd OceansEnclave DiaResort
We went to a sales presentation in the DC city club today and they were trying to convince us to sell our share in Trump in Vegas. Is there a strategy for HGVC to get out of the Trump property?

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Haven't heard anything about that. More than likely it was their "strategy" to try and sell you a timeshare at developer prices

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
We get these sales BS questions here all the time, never ceases to amaze what they will say to close a sale.

Would you make a $100 million investment, then dump it 5 years later?

https://www.reviewjournal.com/business/hilton-grand-vacations-makes-trump-purchase/

By Hubble SmithLAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL
September 6, 2012 - 12:19 pm

Trump International has sold about 300 condo-hotel units in its Las Vegas tower to Hilton Grand Vacations time share division, the New York-based real estate company said Thursday.
The transaction is valued at about $100 million. Trump International sales manager Matt Brimhall said he’s been selling units for $240,000 to $350,000, depending on what floor they’re on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We haven't taken a HGVC "owners update" in several years. Originally we owned at the resort on Karen Ave. The pitch was to "sell back" out EOY Karen Ave. and buy into the LV Blv location. We preferred the LV Blv location and had decided we wanted to own every year, plus, we preferred the Blv resort. Of course at that time there were plans for 4 Towers and more amenities.
Now that we own at the LV Blv location, they keep trying to "upgrade" us by offering us our full sales price back on the original unit. The last time it was sort of funny because the salesman had no idea that we purchased so long ago and the price difference was more than a couple of thousand dollars.

At any rate, it's a perfectly normal sales tactic. If the salesman gets the feeling your a Trump hater, he/she probably thinks it's like shooting fish in a barrel to get you to trade up.

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista / Harbour Lake
Haven't heard anything about that. More than likely it was their "strategy" to try and sell you a timeshare at developer prices

I know someone that works for HGVC in Orlando corporate and they are having a very hard time selling the 3-5 night presentation package to Trump Las Vegas. The majority of people on the phone either pause and they say "anything else" or they get the "absolutely not/no chance". Rarely do they get a booking and end up selling them some place else (Hawaii, Orlando, NYC, etc.)

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know someone that works for HGVC in Orlando corporate and they are having a very hard time selling the 3-5 night presentation package to Trump Las Vegas. The majority of people on the phone either pause and they say "anything else" or they get the "absolutely not/no chance". Rarely do they get a booking and end up selling them some place else (Hawaii, Orlando, NYC, etc.)

Is that because of the name and owner of the building ? I would be surprised if that is actually stigmatizing the building.

The units are great (maybe not as much as Elara) and you go a lot of room to wiggle your ears. The locations is pretty close to the strip (again not as close as Elara)

The MF if however is much higher than other LV properties.

To me nothing beats Elara, and I own at HGVC on the strip.

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is that because of the name and owner of the building ? I would be surprised if that is actually stigmatizing the building.

Yes, that is what I was saying.

Anything with His name is a big turn off for a lot of people.

I also sell Real Estate in Miami and have clients who won't even go in Trump SunnyIsles, Trump Hollywood, Trump 1/2/3 Sunny Isles, etc and they aren't even part of his portfolio, just straight licensing deals.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas

Why would that surprise you?

The Trump building has been the target of multiple local protests purely due to the name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Why would that surprise you?

The Trump building has been the target of multiple local protests purely due to the name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There was protests outside Trump Hollywood after the first failed attempt at a Muslim Ban and that's a condo building.....Lots of protests outside the D.C hotel and NYC towers and here at Doral there have been some as well.

Owners of Trump Toronto settled with his company a large Sum to drop the name..its no longer a Trump Hotel anymore and the first of his Hotel Collection to drop off. Vancouver is getting pressured as well and the Panama owners have been suing Eric/Ivanka for their own issues with the building.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I am sure the name has impacted the sales at Trump in Vegas, but i doubt HGVC can or would try to back out of the development. Chances are they were just trying to get the OP to upgrade, and offered to take Trump back in trade, like they do with many deeds as way to reduce the out of pocket cost of the upgrade.

I think any sort of controversy can have a negative impact on sales. Obviously the Black Fish movie really hurt Sea World, and would not be surprised if they has had some impact on the desirably the HGVC Sea World, though obviously there is lots to do in Orlando regardless of Sea World's status .

onenotesamba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sea World, HGVC Boulevard/Strip
When I was in Vegas shortly after the election, there was a big streaming march of people walking down the strip protesting his election, on their way to the Trump tower to have a rally.

I know lots of people who would likely refuse to stay at a property branded with his name, but whatever your politics, I imagine that the prospect of a loud protest right outside of your accommodations wouldn't make for a very fun or relaxing vacation.