• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any plans for new resorts?

NomadAtHeart

Reaction score
I am not yet an owner which might be why I dont know the answer to this question but I plan to own in the near future. Vistana certainly owns property in some prime locations, but they definitely have some room to grow as well. Are there any plans for new resorts in the future?

Maui_ed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV, WKORV, WDW
Have not attended any owner updates for a while, and have not seen anything posted here, other than the announcement made some time back about the conversion of properties in Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, Kauai, and Cabo San Lucas from hotel to vacation ownership. Westin Los Cabos is open for reservations now, although I think room selection is still somewhat limited. I don't know when the other properties will be available for owners to book.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
No new ground up structures. Just the hotel conversions that they are working on as indicated in the prior post.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Do we know where the possible Puerto Vallarta property is? Thank you!

Best,

Greg

blahblah18

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do we know where the possible Puerto Vallarta property is? Thank you!

Best,

Greg

It will be the existing Westin Hotel in the marina area close to the airport. As mentioned above, PV is a conversion of an existing resort hotel into a timeshare property.

farsighted99

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
I talked to my agent today, and she told me there is a second property in Kauai coming on board soon. I think it's also a hotel conversion. What I would really like is to see a property on the Big Island.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
Yea, Kauai is a hotel conversion of the Sheraton in Poipu. It is also on the non-ocean side of the street.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Love Poipu. I stayed at that Sheraton on my honeymoon, countless years ago.
We stayed at the Sheraton Coconut Beach, Kauai, for our honeymoon in 1991, but that is not the same hotel. Coconut Beach was in Kapaa, and has been torn down due to a fire I believe. There was a very popular luau show there as well, also now gone.

ragdoll

TUG Member
Reaction score
The old Sheraton Coconut Beach is still there but is now the Courtyard Marriott at Coconut Beach.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
The old Sheraton Coconut Beach is still there but is now the Courtyard Marriott at Coconut Beach.
I remember now - it's not a Sheraton anymore, and it was the luau that burned down.

ThreeLittleBirds

TUG Member
Reaction score
Procrastination pays (I hope). We needed to add a night to our week at WPORV. I saw a room on Hotwire for $170 that I thought would be Koloa Landing, but turns out we got a room at the Sheraton Poipu. I will try to post photos and/or updates for anything I see regarding the conversion. But, we are also only there for one night, so not sure I have much time to explore.

rog2867

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope for ARUBA!

You can transfer points to stay at the marriott aruba beach or surf club. There was a Westin there and they were goiong to build a resort there but its so corrupt they abandoned it all.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Didn't they sell or otherwise dispose of the property they owned in Aruba? I don't even think the Westin hotel is still there?

elleny76

Reaction score
T*ransfer points to stay at the marriott aruba beach?..What do you mean by transferring points? where to? Do you mean Interval? thanks

You can transfer points to stay at the marriott aruba beach or surf club. There was a Westin there and they were goiong to build a resort there but its so corrupt they abandoned it all.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella

Even though Marriott bought Starwood HOTELS, Starwood Vacation Ownership was not a part of that transaction. That entire division had been sold to Interval Group and is now called Vistana Signature Experiences. Long story short, VSE (Westin & Sheraton timeshare, etc) owners cannot use internal currency (StarOptions) to exchange into Marriott-branded timeshares.

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is the plan ILG presented to investors May 25, 2017

Attachments

• ILG_Investor_Day.png
    ILG_Investor_Day.png
    211.6 KB · Views: 617

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
There's nothing new in there since last years report and the sale to ILG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Here is the plan ILG presented to investors May 25, 2017
Odd that they are going to open 44 units at the Westin Cancun in 2017 but no more until 2021. It also looks like the Sheraton Kauai is the next conversion they will be working on with Puerto Vallarta to be the last.

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Odd that they are going to open 44 units at the Westin Cancun in 2017 but no more until 2021.

It was said at the ILG quarterly earning presentation that the Cancun units were to added to a pure point system which will also include the Cabo resort.