• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

5 Days + 4 Nights in Cancún for only $269 Worth it ?

JEPASVC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received this offer which requires a 90 minute tour. I am a Chairman/Platinum owner at Marriott. I have no interest in more timeshare/points. Is this a good value? What type of addons fee can I expect to be charged for the 4 night stay ?

THIS EXCLUSIVE $269 VACATION PACKAGE INCLUDES:
5 Days + 4 Nights at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort, a AAA Four Diamond-rated resort
ROJhISPRdMat1BZsMjG--WOAhd4BqFxZPsM9dpGS8d6BlVXuDJ29GXGtauPPFAmeUjhyJOZepY14uve3PDw-WugE40KZOaEors40qb_WxvefyJJspv07H2LoBNvUN7echhvMzJCc18K4=s0-d-e1-ft

PLUS your choice of 5,000 Starpoints from the Starwood Preferred Guest® program OR a $75 Resort Certificate for spa services, dining, shopping or activities during your stay
Your stay will also include an introduction to Westin Vacation Club. Through a personalized tour and presentation, you’ll discover flexible vacations with unique experiences and an award-winning villa resort collection.
JjG8XOn_jFwjGDGrKqrIZVNo9LOlrBlOhLdlTwVY_mztKwDBHnObyBW1XFyGwgcRqAWJtyrmK5R4E0ClkdaJdBDrOtFaCPUT6pkzD8tkFRJqDybRpiuoVHD4AOjUa_0=s0-d-e1-ft

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Beyond the plane flight -

What does it cost you to say - NO - a lot
to the offer of a developer price Timeshare at a great location .

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Worth it - Yes.
But, hold strong - No, No, No... and No to the Explorer Package unless you plan to buy from them - and you should only do that if you have already bought resale.
R-R-R

Last edited:

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Is that for a studio? Can you upgrade to a 1BR? There is a daily room tax they will add, something like $7 / day. Don't worry about the sales pitch - they are low pressure there as compared to other places. I'd take the resort credit over the points. Put it towards dinner at Oceano. They have 3 special dinner events there - Mexican Fiesta buffet, Asian buffet, and steak night. I think they are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, so plan your 4 days accordingly. The breakfast buffet is also really good, as are the burgers at the poolside restaurant.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps, if you can get reasonable airfare and can get a 1 BR.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
Yes, I took the 449 for 5 nights 1 bedroom suite.
Totally worth it.

dms11

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana
I also took them up on that offer a couple of years ago and, while I did buy (and have no regrets about it, since Lagunamar is awesome), it clearly would have been worth it whether I bought or not. Check out the price of Lagunamar on Trivago or any other website and you will see how good that deal is.

JEPASVC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I cannot upgrade to the 1 bedroom. But I am going to give it a try. Thanks for all the input.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
I wouldn't care, I only upgraded since I have kids. If it were just two, a studio is fine.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Have fun - Lagunamar is AWESOME! Especially around happy hour! If you hang out by the pool in the afternoon, try the bingo for tequila!

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't care, I only upgraded since I have kids. If it were just two, a studio is fine.

Funny how people are so different. We've been spoiled with the larger 1 BR. Don't even like staying in a regular hotel room anymore.

RALnGA

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you really think about it you will only have 4 days/4 nights ...one day will be devoted to the famous "90 MINUTE TOUR"...of which they will keep you there as long as you're asking question...
If you're already heading to Cancun it would be great to tack it to the beginning or end of your vacation, help save on airfare.

RAL

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you really think about it you will only have 4 days/4 nights ...one day will be devoted to the famous "90 MINUTE TOUR"...of which they will keep you there as long as you're asking question...
If you're already heading to Cancun it would be great to tack it to the beginning or end of your vacation, help save on airfare.

RAL
From our own experience, the "tour" lasted exactly 90 minutes. Was little to no pressure and a very friendly experience. We booked it first thing in the morning so it didn't in pact the test of the day. All in all, the best timeshare sales presentation we've attended.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
Funny how people are so different. We've been spoiled with the larger 1 BR. Don't even like staying in a regular hotel room anymore.

Lol, don't get me wrong. I would prefer to have a 1 bedroom or even 2 bedroom. But we take like 4-5 vacations a year and we try to maximize all of our options. I walk into a hotel room now and I'm always like, there's no kitchen lol.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
From our own experience, the "tour" lasted exactly 90 minutes. Was little to no pressure and a very friendly experience. We booked it first thing in the morning so it didn't in pact the test of the day. All in all, the best timeshare sales presentation we've attended.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

I agree. Our last meeting was about 100min. We told we had to go and to be honest it wasn't worth buying new over used. Pretty much ended there, hoping I get the same guy. I can tell him I added 81k lol.

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
Is there a WLR owner that can refer me? I keep getting only Desert Willow invites. It was suggestion on another thread that maybe a Lagunamar owner may be able to refer me to an invitation :)
Thank you

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
Is there a WLR owner that can refer me? I keep getting only Desert Willow invites. It was suggestion on another thread that maybe a Lagunamar owner may be able to refer me to an invitation :)
Thank you

i will be there in September again. If i get the option, i'll try to remember. I know i referred my friends and so far no has gotten any emails.

blondietink

Reaction score
Since Lagunamar is almost totally sold out, would it be safe to say they will be selling the Mexican flex program?

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Since Lagunamar is almost totally sold out, would it be safe to say they will be selling the Mexican flex program?

There are reports that they already are selling Westin Aventuras.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun

They are selling Westin Vacation Club.