• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Guidance please on purchasing HGVC 1800 points to reach Elite Premier staus

rfc0001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC: SSR, PVB
HGVC: Kings' Land, Ocean Tower

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
CCWU - thanks for advise and agree to close to not try for Elite Premier just stuck in catch 22 with the location / units we own as no easy / inexpensive way to upgrade without spending a bunch of $'s + add new maintenance fee. We own HHV (Lagoon Tower) and Valdoro ski weeks. Glad to hear you are using and enjoying the benefits of EP. Also like the idea of trust for TS units.

If you haven't upgraded yet, DO NOT UPGRADE through an American developer! Call the Craigendarroch Lodge HGVC sales team in Scotland. They broker resales for their owners and because it is HGVC selling them to you then they count towards elite status. I picked up 2 units this winter. 9600 point platinum 3 BR Plus for 7950 pounds each. That's about $11200 US each. Maintenance fees are 868 pounds or $1200 US which is super cheap compared to many others. They have lower point units for a lot less that will suit your needs and get you to the Premiere level. My 2 new units got me to Elite Plus. I will stay here for now but eventually want to move up to the premiere level as the benefits are drastically better...but not at developer costs!!!!

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you haven't upgraded yet, DO NOT UPGRADE through an American developer! Call the Craigendarroch Lodge HGVC sales team in Scotland. They broker resales for their owners and because it is HGVC selling them to you then they count towards elite status. I picked up 2 units this winter. 9600 point platinum 3 BR Plus for 7950 pounds each. That's about $11200 US each. Maintenance fees are 868 pounds or $1200 US which is super cheap compared to many others. They have lower point units for a lot less that will suit your needs and get you to the Premiere level. My 2 new units got me to Elite Plus. I will stay here for now but eventually want to move up to the premiere level as the benefits are drastically better...but not at developer costs!!!!

Why would you even consider one of the elite tiers? the perks are not worth the extra costs. I understand why someone buy's additional points because they need them, but if the reason is just to reach the elite tier then its just waste of money.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
The free reservation fee benefit is valuable - we have saved thousands in fees and stretched points with all-inclusive. It enables you to do speculative booking and book/rebook/change as lower point units open up or as your travel plans solidify.

However rather than buying up to 34k simply buy a resale NY, or DC property with all-inclusive fees grandfathered into the deed. W57 studios on Redweek are listed for as low as $9,999 for 3250 points gold or $15k+ for 5250 platinum - same maint fees @ approx. $1436. All inclusive is $120 per year - you will recoup AI Fee after 2 reservations. Not best MF value per point but good augment to a portfolio. Plus you can get easy resort window reservations/upgrades into NYC 1 bedrooms/penthouses and owners lounge access.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
BTW...W57 owners also get HHonors Gold (FWIW). This may be true of HCNY, Residences and District too. Would love to hear from someone who has purchased W57 resale as to whether that benefit extends to resale buyers.

Last edited:

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
Why would you even consider one of the elite tiers? the perks are not worth the extra costs. I understand why someone buy's additional points because they need them, but if the reason is just to reach the elite tier then its just waste of money.
agreed. I bought the extra units as I wanted the points. Elite status was just a bonus as the Craigendarroch lodge HGVC sales team also sell resales at pretty reasonable prices. To me it just seems like a win/win situation.

As CalGalTraveler states above, if you make a lot of bookings then elite premiere status can save you a significant amount of money over time. As I live in the great white north, this accumulation of points is part of my retirement plan. Why rent or own as a snowbird when I can use my TS and change my destinations as I fancy. To me the perks of elite premiere are important as I want the points and thanks to HGVC Craigendarroch doing resales, I can get there relatively cheap.