• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Orlando for Business?

onenotesamba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sea World, HGVC Boulevard/Strip
Hi, all.

I've suddenly been thrust into a project at work that will require me to be in Orlando for two solid weeks (in August, no less). All of the HGVC properties are near my work commitment, so location is not a consideration. And as far as I can tell, all HGVC properties in Orlando are available as hotel stays for the duration of my trip.

So, if you're not on vacation, and you don't care about proximity to the parks, but you DO need to be comfortable for two weeks away from home with access to a kitchen, laundry, etc....

Which property should I book?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Always helpful to check the rules when in doubt:

You may link to a commercial website in your signature, but the link itself may not indicate the nature of the site. If your URL or domain name indicates the nature of the site, it should not be visually displayed. A visual link saying only "My website" or other similar innocuous wording is acceptable.

Reaction score
Book the cheapest in terms of price, unless you can write it off, then stay and the highest rated on Hotels dot com website or tripadvisor

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Why not do a rci last call for under 300 a week? Not hgvc, but still decent properties at much more reasonable prices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

jestme

Reaction score
If the company is paying for it (assuming you are not self employed), I'd book a room at an HGVC resort through Hilton.com and get the Honors points for room cost, meals, drinks, etc. Make sure you change your earning style to "Points and Points" BEFORE you book the room as that is typically when they chose point rules.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
My DH travels for business and will always book a hotel on an approved list by the company. He tries to stay at Holiday Inn Group, since we have timeshare related points in HICV. In your case look into affiliated hotels, resorts etc, that will give you more points to use for timeshare vacations. Unless you are self employed, your employer should pay travel expenses. Also where exactly in Orlando will you be staying? There are many affiliates of your travel group but Orlando covers a wide area. I could make suggestions but need to know where you will be? Good Luck

Silentg

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
As for which HGVC... IMHO, they're all good, but I put Tuscany (I-Drive) first.
-- SeaWorld is full of rug-rats doing SeaWorld. It's older, but recently updated.
-- Parc Soleil is new, but it's in the middle of nowhere with weeds for neighbors.
-- Tuscany has nearby restaurants, grocery and an outlet mall in walking distance.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I had a somewhat similar situation last year, I was attending a conference for the first half of the week, then had my wife join me for a few days of vacation. Ultimately i chose a Hilton hotel that was very near the conference for the business part of the trip and then decide on Parc Soleil for the vacation.

Parc and Tuscany are very close to each other. We really enjoyed Parc, the room was nice and resort still felt in great shape. There was a decent menu of food and drink available onsite if you don't want to leave for the breakfast or dinner.

As Talent312 mentioned above, there is nothing within easy walking distance of Parc, just open land and a housing development under construction next door. But if your willing to drive a few mins, you can easily get back to areas with lots of food, drink and other activities.

onenotesamba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wound up booking it at SeaWorld, as a hotel stay through the Hilton website. SeaWorld and Las Palmas were least expensive, for the dates I needed, especially considering parking fees. But looking at the website, it seemed that Las Palmas didn't have a washer/dryer in the unit, while SeaWorld did. Is that correct? If I'm going to be living there for two weeks, it'd certainly be helpful to have laundry in the unit.

Also, it looked like some of the (less expensive) Las Palmas units had kitchenettes, rather than full kitchens.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I think you'll be happy at SeaWorld. From www.stayhgv.com ...
Studios do not have a W+D, but all the 1-3 BR Suites do have 'em.

Las Palmeras: No mention of laundry in HGVC listings, but hotel booking sites say laundry "facilities" are available... somewhere.

Last edited:

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I think you'll be happy at SeaWorld. From www.stayhgv.com ...
Studios do not have a W+D, but all the 1-3 BR Suites do have 'em.

No mention of laundry in HGVC listings, but hotel booking sites say laundry "facilities" are available... somewhere.

The HGVC mobile app lists washer and dryer in the unit for Seaworld.

Not really sure why, but the mobile APP usually has a better description than the website. It also lists the square footage, which was removed from the website for some reason.

onenotesamba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yeah, the hotel site said that the 1BR at Sea World (which is what I booked) had a w/d. No mention of it at Las Palmas. One of the other two (can't recall which) said "self-service laundry" which I assumed to mean coin-operated machines somewhere on the property.