• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ko Olina dining and activities ?

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
A few years ago, we attended the luau at Paradise Cove, which is only a half mile or so from Ko'Olina. We loved it! I did not know about Fia Fia Luau until this discussion, and found this thread from TripAdvisor with input from those who know about both.

taffy19

Reaction score
Yes everyone enjoyed the Fia Fia Luau. It was very good. I would definitely recommend it.

34407134722_11b5bbb544_z_d.jpg
34407135412_fb879f89c3_z_d.jpg
I am glad that you and your family enjoyed it. He looks the same as a few years ago as I still have the picture. The first time we saw him was when he was a very young and slim student.

We had family with us and they spoke very little English but they understood everything he said and they still remember it too because he is so entertaining but everyone seems to get the picture of what he is telling us about the culture of Samoa.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. :)

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

dualrated2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina, Waiohai, Grand Chateau, Desert Springs Villas, Willow Ridge

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I thought the open lot was cheaper than the parking garage but I don't see a difference.

Thanks.
Hmmm... I'll try to walk by there this week to see if there is any difference in the posted rates.

dualrated2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina, Waiohai, Grand Chateau, Desert Springs Villas, Willow Ridge
Hmmm... I'll try to walk by there this week to see if there is any difference in the posted rates.
Apparently, no price difference. I just looked on their web site and it doesn't indicate a price difference. For some reason I thought it was cheaper being it was down the street from the hotel and open air versus the parking garage across the street from the hotel.

$8 a day if staying at the Hale Koa is a bargain.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I have always wanted to visit Hawaii and I know most of the time we would be at the pool or on the beach or touring the beautiful islands, but the thought of travelling half way round the world from the UK for a unit with a parking deck view would be disappointment beyond words.

I agree that a view facing directly into a parking deck is a disappointment beyond words.

For destinations where view is an important factor for you, renting may be the way to go (instead of a timeshare exchange where room location/view is not guaranteed).

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree that a view facing directly into a parking deck is a disappointment beyond words.

For destinations where view is an important factor for you, renting may be the way to go (instead of a timeshare exchange where room location/view is not guaranteed).
Thank you. I guess my other option is electing for DC Points and booking an ocean side or ocean view unit to avoid the parking deck?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Yes to avoid the parking lot views it's best to do an internal trade using your Marriott DC points. I believe Frank told me the other day that Ko Olina owners are assigned the higher floors (see Frank's comment below).

Ko Olina Resort map
34487269681_362c99f2d4_z_d.jpg

Here's the Ko Olina room categories from another thread - http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/ko-olina-penthouse.223950/

Download-File

Last edited:

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Yes to avoid the parking lot views it's best to do an internal trade using your Marriott DC points. I believe Frank told me the other day that Ko Olina owners are assigned the higher floors (8th floor and above).

Ko Olina Resort map
34487269681_362c99f2d4_z_d.jpg

Here's the Ko Olina room categories from another thread - http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/ko-olina-penthouse.223950/

Download-File
Exchangers usually get 5th floor and below. That is usually the case but a gew people have gotten some great views.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

taffy19

Reaction score
Thank you. Also enjoyed your movies of Fia Fia. :) Did you go and see the GI models when you were in Oahu at the HGVC in case you didn't take a presentation? Was that possible?

jonsie523

Reaction score
Uploaded some video from the Fia Fia Luau we attended earlier this month at the Marriott Ko Olina.

34156512643_6aa5bd768c.jpg
[/url]
Fia Fia Luau video 1

34803049632_059370bedb.jpg
[/url]
Fia Fia Luau video 2

I also uploaded my Hale Nai'a tower room photos as well
Two Bedroom Ocean View - https://www.flickr.com/photos/40089311@N05/albums/72157681307749284
Two Bedroom Mountain View - https://www.flickr.com/photos/40089311@N05/albums/72157681322922404

I enjoyed seeing your pictures of your unit. We were just there last week on an exchange through Interval (our 6th visit) and were on the 4th floor of the Nai'a tower with a beautiful view of the pool and lagoon. The appliances had not been updated though, so it's nice to see what the new ones look like. I find it interesting that the new stoves still have the knobs on the front. My 2.5 year old son turned on our stove twice because the knobs were right at his level. The first time we had a bag of coffee on top of the burner, but luckily I saw it right away. That could be a huge fire hazard though. I figured the new appliances would be better in that regard, but apparently not. I will be sure to write about that in my survey to the resort.

We also saw Fia Fia (our 2nd time) and love the show. Chief Sielu wasn't there though, which we were disappointed about, but his son hosted the show and was still very good. Fia Fia is definitely our favorite and far superior to Paradise Cove, in my opinion, but is very expensive to get a good seat.