• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

3months open season at Trump international hotel las vegas

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi tuggers

So I was checking out the trump hotel in vegas and noticed that the open season is a bit longer(90 days) than other hgvc properties. I checked the club guide(not from 2017, couldn't find) and it states 30 days also as the rest of the hgvc properties.

Does anyone know why? Error or by purpose?

I have attached a screenshot with the info.

Attachments

• IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 99

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It has to be an error. Congrats to anyone who manages to book it and keep the reservation.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
It has to be an error. Congrats to anyone who manages to book it and keep the reservation.

Even though OS can be nice as an option not to use club points or only book 2nt, I don't know how much value I would put into it. I put in a few dates and in a 2br for 7nt it would cost me approx 1300$ Or 10.500 club points.

I would mean 1300$ is still a decent chunk of money, fair enough if you don't have the club points available or prefer to pay cash it's a nice option.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Hi tuggers

So I was checking out the trump hotel in vegas and noticed that the open season is a bit longer(90 days) than other hgvc properties. I checked the club guide(not from 2017, couldn't find) and it states 30 days also as the rest of the hgvc properties.

Does anyone know why? Error or by purpose?

I have attached a screenshot with the info.

I don't know why the open season is a bit longer and the availability is very high but it appears that the demand for this hotel is very low. Perhaps the customer service or accommodations are poor and not what people want.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know why the open season is a bit longer and the availability is very high but it appears that the demand for this hotel is very low. Perhaps the customer service or accommodations are poor and not what people want.

Well, it is far from the Strip, which people visiting Vegas usually want quick access to. And, without getting into a political discussion, I'd bet that the name on the property does have some impact.

Cheers.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella

The point values are higher than the others. I've stayed at all the Vegas properties except Flamingo and the Trump is our favorite.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Well, it is far from the Strip, which people visiting Vegas usually want quick access to. And, without getting into a political discussion, I'd bet that the name on the property does have some impact.

Cheers.
Yes, it's definitely the name - http://time.com/money/4695049/trump-hotels-online-reviews-yelp-tripadvisor-google/
Also seeing heavy availability in RCI for the 1st time - http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/planning-a-vegas-trip-this-year.250689/

Friendly reminder...Tug doesn't allow political discussion

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Last edited by a moderator:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's definitely the name - http://time.com/money/4695049/trump-hotels-online-reviews-yelp-tripadvisor-google/
Also seeing heavy availability in RCI for the 1st time - http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/planning-a-vegas-trip-this-year.250689/

Friendly reminder...Tug doesn't allow political discussion

Good policy. Which is exactly why I stated that I did not want to have a political discussion. Just stating a fact that I believe has impact on hotel availability, without political commentary.

Cheers.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know where I'll stay the next time I'm in Vegas.

Just too far from the Strip to be useful for anything most people want to do. As for the snowfall- that's very uncommon in Vegas and, if it did happen, I wouldn't imagine that the precipitation profile would be that different at one Hilton property versus another. So this likely would not pan out.

Cheers.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Just too far from the Strip to be useful for anything most people want to do. As for the snowfall- that's very uncommon in Vegas and, if it did happen, I wouldn't imagine that the precipitation profile would be that different at one Hilton property versus another. So this likely would not pan out.

Cheers.

I didn't find it that far from the strip. There is a really nice mall across the street and it's maybe half a block to the strip.

bevans

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
hgvc Flamingo, hgvc Paradise
Trump is a very long block from the strip but they have a shuttle that goes to the Wynn and Caesars. I have stayed in all the HGVC's in Las Vegas and the Flamingo is my favorite and Trump is by far my least favorite. I always drive to Las Vegas and do not care for the valet only policy and the extra points it takes to stay there. Curt

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Vacations and travel are personal, and people like different things. I have not stayed at Trump in Vegas, but have been a few shuttles that stopped there. The rooms and resort itself look nice, but the the location is not my favorite part of the strip. We much prefer the end down by Planet Hollywood, Cosmopolitan and Paris.. My first choice for HGVC in Vegas is usually Elara.

If the longer than normal open season is not an error, but is actually due to low demand, i am guessing the sales there must be really slow. To be honest, i am not actually which Vegas resorts they are still actively selling with "new" inventory.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Vacations and travel are personal, and people like different things. I have not stayed at Trump in Vegas, but have been a few shuttles that stopped there. The rooms and resort itself look nice, but the the location is not my favorite part of the strip. We much prefer the end down by Planet Hollywood, Cosmopolitan and Paris.. My first choice for HGVC in Vegas is usually Elara.

If the longer than normal open season is not an error, but is actually due to low demand, i am guessing the sales there must be really slow. To be honest, i am not actually which Vegas resorts they are still actively selling with "new" inventory.

I've seen Trump units on eBay and the most obvious thing is the maintenance fees are much higher than the other properties. Since most resale buyers are buying points the Trump doesn't make sense. I would never use a home week in Las Vegas. I've never stayed in Las Vegas for an entire week in my life. 4 nights is the maximum I would ever stay there. But, I live close and can go whenever.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I've seen Trump units on eBay and the most obvious thing is the maintenance fees are much higher than the other properties. Since most resale buyers are buying points the Trump doesn't make sense. I would never use a home week in Las Vegas. I've never stayed in Las Vegas for an entire week in my life. 4 nights is the maximum I would ever stay there. But, I live close and can go whenever.

That is the same for me, Vegas is a 3 or 4 night destination for us too.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is the same for me, Vegas is a 3 or 4 night destination for us too.
We book 3-night stays since that's the minimum, and often only stay 2 (Fri, Sat). Since we have it though Monday, though, we can have the room even wiuth a later Sunday flight home.

Cheers.

onenotesamba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sea World, HGVC Boulevard/Strip
I don't think it's "political" to acknowledge that many people have strongly-held opinions about Donald Trump and that there are frequent protests (and counter-protests) these days. And certainly, many people will be motivated by those opinions to boycott properties that bear the Trump name.

I do think that all of this has a bearing on resale value, as well. And I don't think it's "political" to acknowledge that, either.

fillde

TUG Member
Reaction score
Probably next time i'm in Vegas I will stay at Trump. Nothing political here.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I don't think it's "political" to acknowledge that many people have strongly-held opinions about Donald Trump and that there are frequent protests (and counter-protests) these days. And certainly, many people will be motivated by those opinions to boycott properties that bear the Trump name.

I do think that all of this has a bearing on resale value, as well. And I don't think it's "political" to acknowledge that, either.

Oh I agree. My comment was simply a reminder to everyone that we don't want the conversation to go down that path ;)

Last edited:

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella

Occupancy might be political but resale value is maintenance fee for sure.

I'm just saying if Trump hotels got good ratings before he declared and bad after he was elected, I don't think the hotel quality dramatically dropped. It's just troll posters. If it makes the rates and availability better for me, I'm all in.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Political or not, I'm staying there and at the Elara next month. Looking forward to it.

Since both stays are through RCI any recommendation to what kind of room to request? The trump room is a 1Br and the elara is a 2br.

I assume the OS window is an error since hgvc just can't change then rules for one property on the fly.

GeorgeJ.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've stayed at all of the HGVC properties in Las Vegas and I rate Trump as the best as far as quality of the units...#2 would be Elara, and the others all as a close #3 (I have not stayed at the Marriott Chateau in Las Vegas but all of the Hilton locations are far and away better than any of the other timeshares I've stayed at in Vegas).

My only complaint about Trump is that they don't have self-park there. But at least the valets are pretty quick.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Political or not, I'm staying there and at the Elara next month. Looking forward to it.

Since both stays are through RCI any recommendation to what kind of room to request? The trump room is a 1Br and the elara is a 2br.

I assume the OS window is an error since hgvc just can't change then rules for one property on the fly.

Plus units would be higher floors but I don't know if you'll get a higher floor on exchange. The Elara views are up the strip or down the strip. I prefer up the strip from Elara but down the strip isn't bad.

Chances are on exchange you're going to get railroad track view from the Trump. Maybe at least ask for pool view. The Fashion show mall is across the street from the Trump. It's much nicer than the mall attached to Elara.

I enjoy them both. Elara has as great location and the tacky, cheesy decor seems to suit Vegas and the pool is very nice. The Trump rooms are very nice and close to the nicer mall and Wynn properties.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Chances are on exchange you're going to get railroad track view from the Trump. Maybe at least ask for pool view. The Fashion show mall is across the street from the Trump. It's much nicer than the mall attached to Elara.

I enjoy them both. Elara has as great location and the tacky, cheesy decor seems to suit Vegas and the pool is very nice. The Trump rooms are very nice and close to the nicer mall and Wynn properties.

To me the Linq is far superior to ether of the other malls. And, while the Fashion Show mall is certainly higher end than Miracle Mile, I find the variety at the latter to be better. But, Linq overall.

Definitely a YMMV situation, of course.

Cheers.