• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Computer just cancels a reservation? It just happened to me

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I wouldn't think it would happen, but it happened to me. Now were are NOT talking about reservations that are within 15 days and are in the same name. We are talking about reservations that are 2 months away. We are talking about reservations make yesterday and are GONE today.

I have a room booked already, but I was looking for a second unit. Last evening I found the exact days I wanted for the second unit. So I booked it. In the confirmation screen I saw both my original booked reservation, and the one just confirmed that had yet to be assigned a confirmation number.

Well this morning I go and I do something and I notice that I have only 1 reservation. WTF.

Call our Wyn buddies. Ok get the VC that as per usual, thinks that it is operator error. According to her I cancelled the original reservation. I don't think so, but VC insists I must be wrong. So before I ask to be sent to IT to explain, I ask what unit I am assigned for new booking. Guess what, same unit number I had in booking that just went missing. Again WTF.

So IT looked at it and can see that yes indeed I did have two units, but the system cancelled one out and returned my points, NOT me that cancelled. There you go VC, told you. But the question is why?

So perhaps NO new second unit, but what concerns me MOST is what would have happened if someone else booked that unit. Would I still have kept the original unit, or would the new booking have been kept. I'd like to think the original would have stood, but the system cancelled the older booking and kept the newer booking that was made last night. That is the part the concerns me.

So has anyone mysteriously LOST a booking, POOF, GONE, just overnight?

There are lots of cases were it is an inventory management person at a resort having to make some decisions because of maintenance. I have heard a lot about the recent issues at BC because of the scheduling problem on room maintenance. This doesn't usually happen in the overnight processing to produce the confirmation number however. This is NOT the situation I am talking about.

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
There have been rare instances where the system assigns the same unit to multiple reservations on the same dates. When discovered, Wyndham will cancel all but one of the reservations to avoid double booking. No idea how or why it occurs.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
There have been rare instances where the system assigns the same unit to multiple reservations on the same dates. When discovered, Wyndham will cancel all but one of the reservations to avoid double booking. No idea how or why it occurs.

I have had some situations where there have been problems and Wyndham needed to cancel. And they contacted me first.

For example when Alexandria had plumbing issues. They got hold of me (they can when THEY want to) and let me know they were going to cancel my reservation, before they did it. They were sorry :)

Another time I picked up a nice room in Myrtle Beach in July (a 3 BR Pres just sitting there 2-3 wks from checkin, so I booked it). Frantically contacted by Owner Care that a VC accidentally deleted and they needed to take it back for the original booker. Again, they say it can't be done... but it can :)

And lastly, I did have fraud on my account several years back and it was determined someone called in impersonating my father and cancelled some 4BR Pres reservations at Bonnet Creek. Unlike the Myrtle Beach example, I was told they could not recover them. Even though I think it was an inside job and obviously they know who picked up my rooms (wouldn't you think it was someone in cahoots with the one who impersonated my father)?

Pretty scary stuff Sandy. I just hate how closely we have to watch things. Thanks for the heads up.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sandi Bo, in your cases, someone is doing the canceling. Either on purpose because of maintenance issues, by accident, or something more nefarious like impersonation your father.

Richard M, this is more like what I am talking about. How does this even happen. What I want to know is who does the system give the reservation to?

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had cases where I went to cancel one reservation but another one was cancelled. Wyndham IT shows that I cancelled it online and the glitch was never looked into. In some cases in another window a reservation I had on old expired inbetween getting set up to cancel and actually clicking the button.

In my experience Wyndham does not care to look into these situations and would rather brush it off.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They think Voyager is going to solve all of their problems, good luck with that.

Reactions: am1

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
They think Voyager is going to solve all of their problems, good luck with that.

They could have brought me in to offer advice and tell them their website issues but instead they decide to lock my accounts. No one has ever cared when it comes to this or the website not working properly or when duplicate inventory has been released. I would call with screenshots of what happened or video and would be told according to IT there was nothing wrong. If there was something wrong IT would get an alert.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham seems to have a case of "head in the sand" .. there is no problem because they say so.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
OK, maybe it is just Royal Vista inventory. Because I have not seen this before either.

That was the resort with the disappear booking yesterday.

The chart with the green boxes that shows availability is blank, meaning there should be nothing, but clearly below, the computer display me a result. Another head scratcher. Any anyone seen this happen?

upload_2017-4-5_20-4-16.png

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes lots of times and the flip side too; where the date is green but the message says nothing is avaialble

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes lots of times and the flip side too; where the date is green but the message says nothing is avaialble

I see that too because there is inventory, but it breaks some other rule. Like 3, 4, or 7 days in Prime. Some have check in our check out, Only on Friday Saturday or Sunday. That last one is an odd one, but I run into it from time to time. If I change my date to make that rule happen, it is happy.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did not see where the dates of the problem reservations were. The following notice is up for Royal Vista. What is happening could be a activities leading up to the renovation.

Renovation Notice:
The resort will be closed for extensive renovations Aug. 5 - Nov. 24, 2017. During this time, no arrivals or reservations will be accepted. For questions about this closure and alternative vacation options, please contact the Vacation Planning Center at 800-251-8736.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
May 2017, clearly before the renovation are even an issue. So that is NOT it.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well the unit I booked is back in inventory again tonight, so I rebooked it, just to see if it vanished again overnight.

I am still concerned what would happen if someone else booked this unit, what would the system do then?

Oh it was timely, I receive a request to complete a survey on my call experience at Wyndham. Boy, they got a mouthful. Why is it that is there is a problem at Wyndham the first person they blame is yourself. "You must have canceled it." I clearly must NOT know how to do anything, because if there is ever an issue it was MY FAULT. The name of the game is BLAME.

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sandi Bo, in your cases, someone is doing the canceling. Either on purpose because of maintenance issues, by accident, or something more nefarious like impersonation your father.

Richard M, this is more like what I am talking about. How does this even happen. What I want to know is who does the system give the reservation to?

When you book a reservation, that reservation will be attached to a specific unit number even though you may not actually be placed into that condo. In theory, this is intended to keep the resort from overbooking. There have been a few instances where the online system doesn't properly remove the unit from available inventory- thereby allowing the same reservation to be booked multiple times. I had actually posted a warning in the past for Bonnet Creek when the system was allowing a single unit to be booked repeatedly. I apologize but I don't recall specifically when that was or if others chimed in. I had just posted as a courtesy and didn't follow the thread.

I assume it is just a technical glitch that happens. When it occurs it normally only allows a few duplicated reservations to be made before it is discovered. There must be some type of double check system that safeguards the process and alerts someone to the issue. To resolve the problem, the inventory control manager for the property will go in and cancel all but one of the reservations. I don't know the method behind the decision making as to which reservations are cancelled, but I do not believe that any courtesy calls are made. The points are just returned to the owners accounts.

Once again, this appears to be very rare.

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
When you book a reservation, that reservation will be attached to a specific unit number even though you may not actually be placed into that condo. In theory, this is intended to keep the resort from overbooking. There have been a few instances where the online system doesn't properly remove the unit from available inventory- thereby allowing the same reservation to be booked multiple times. I had actually posted a warning in the past for Bonnet Creek when the system was allowing a single unit to be booked repeatedly. I apologize but I don't recall specifically when that was or if others chimed in. I had just posted as a courtesy and didn't follow the thread.

I assume it is just a technical glitch that happens. When it occurs it normally only allows a few duplicated reservations to be made before it is discovered. There must be some type of double check system that safeguards the process and alerts someone to the issue. To resolve the problem, the inventory control manager for the property will go in and cancel all but one of the reservations. I don't know the method behind the decision making as to which reservations are cancelled, but I do not believe that any courtesy calls are made. The points are just returned to the owners accounts.

Once again, this appears to be very rare.
This particular "glitch" may be rare but glitches, in general, seem to be happening with increased frequently.

Have been getting a lot of returned seach results where the check-in date is a SOILD dark green with zero availability.
1) Modify search to expand out as far as 4 days either side of the date, nothing! Date is still a solid green.
2) Modify number of nights, backing off one night at a time, still expanded to 4-days either side, nothing. Still solid green
3) Run search criteria from 7-1 days, expanded to 4 days either side, check-in dates, still solid green nothing, nothing, nothing, etc.

What gives with that action?

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
This particular "glitch" may be rare but glitches, in general, seem to be happening with increased frequently.

Have been getting a lot of returned seach results where the check-in date is a SOILD dark green with zero availability.
1) Modify search to expand out as far as 4 days either side of the date, nothing! Date is still a solid green.
2) Modify number of nights, backing off one night at a time, still expanded to 4-days either side, nothing. Still solid green
3) Run search criteria from 7-1 days, expanded to 4 days either side, check-in dates, still solid green nothing, nothing, nothing, etc.

What gives with that action?

I have noticed that behavior for the last couple of years.