• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Happy with DAE exchanges?

JackieD

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Down to the last week before the offer ends to deposit 1 week and get 2nd free with DAE. I just can't seem to pull the trigger even though I know it's a good deal. I have previously done this and I'm pretty sure they will still take my week. Previously, I was able to finally trade and use my weeks but their website is not too easy to search or have the inventory like RCI. I ended up trading for one summer week in Branson and another week in Vegas. Overall I was happy with the exchanges but it took me a long time to use them--right up to the expiration dates. If I upgraded to the paid subscription it may help a little. RCI certainly has it's aggravations but I've always been able to find something of interest using the date ranges. With DAE I know you can put in requests but I never really figure out what to ask for since we are pretty flexible on where but have to travel during school holidays. Is there certain areas that DAE specializes in? At this point my RCI TPU's with this resort aren't going to be great unless I combine. Anyone totally LOVING DAE and can give me confidence in depositing again? I tried to do a search on TUG to see what exchanges TUGGERS have gotten from DAE but I get this message: The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common. Help me make a decision!!!
Thank you!
Jackie

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I would expect your experience to be the same as your previous experience. You may find exchanges you are happy with but it will take a work. My experience is similar to yours. both in terms of DAE and RCI. I did get see a really great last minute getaway week and there was additional discounts and 2 for 1 for the upgrade with DAE. For about $229 I got a late August 2 br getaway to Ocean City and the upgraded DAE for 2 years. I have had an ongoing request for 2017 but no matches yet. I have not decided whether I want to pre deposit or not for the bonus.

JackieD

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well turned out to be a moot point. Tried to get the 2for1 deal and was told that they won't take a foreign (south Africa) timeshare for this deal. I have done it before for this 3BR gold crown resort but I guess it' no longer possible. I can still deposit for one week.

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
DAE does not have as many exchanges available simply because they are not as big as RCi or II. They are the 4th largest exchange company. Having said that, there are areas where DAE is really much better than RCi. Australia and New Zealand are two of those. If i were going to either of those places, I would certainly use DAE. It is also good to use an on-gong search. THey do this much better than RCi. I frequently get CALLS for updates not a form email like RCi.

I am a gold member and they have treated me very well- especially on requests. I have gotten several very nice exchanges. I will admit that my trade into the Florida Keys was less than desireable although it might be better for people with different interests. I do think Gold members get better deals.

For me the real difference is the cost and treatment you get with DAE than with RCI. RCi is absolutely ridiculous when it comes to fees. When you consider they get the exchanges for free from the owners, their costs are outlandish. They are beyond money hungry. They literally gorge on their clients. You also have to keep your eye on RCi. One time they wanted to send me to an exchange in Bali and when i read up on it, i found that it had one of the worst infestation of bed bugs. Recently, i got very upset with my point total. I talked to 4 different RCi people before they got my account straightened out. They kept telling me I had 24k points only to find out i really had 98K points. It seems my Australian resort sent my deposit to the Asia RCi office and for some odd reason 2 years of deposits were never added to my US account. If i had been less persistent, RCI would have ripped me off for 2 years of deposits. I have voiced my opinion about RCI on here many times. I HATE RCI. Look at all the fees you pay for exchanges and remember they get their inventory for free from our deposits. (That is not entirely true any more since they get rental properties). Also realize there was a law suit that said RCI was eagerly "cherry picking" deposits. So, if it was a nice property, it was never placed for exchange only for rent. So if they get a apring break Bonnet Creek week, it would only be available for rent-not exchange. So they get a hefty fee for a property they were given for free. I'll let you decide if the lawsuit had merit but it was settled by the litigants.

DAE also has some very good promotions like the 2-1 you mention.

JeffC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Mauna Loa Village, Sweetwater at Kauai, Club La Costa
Hi, I just got back from a DAE exchange at Royal Aloha VC in Waikiki. In January we went to Bolton Valley Resort in Vermont, a ski in ski out resort. I got both of these exchanges for a single deposit of a 2 BR at CLC Encantada in Kissimee. Overall I'm happy with DAE and I have 2 more exchanges to use. I got the RAVC thru a request and the Bolton Valley I found on the website. The inventory is limited but they do try do find you a match on requests. I find that requests work best when you give them an area as opposed to a single resort, I have been able to specify the dates. I use RCI also, they have more inventory, but the fees are much higher. In general I have one week that I use for RCI if we're not using it, because the MF to TPU cost is in the low $20's. I use any expiring CLC points to book a discounted week in Encantada and deposit it into DAE when they have the 2 for 1 deals. Sometimes they give me the 2 for 1 anyway.

Jeff C

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Hello,
Down to the last week before the offer ends to deposit 1 week and get 2nd free with DAE. I just can't seem to pull the trigger even though I know it's a good deal. I have previously done this and I'm pretty sure they will still take my week. Previously, I was able to finally trade and use my weeks but their website is not too easy to search or have the inventory like RCI. I ended up trading for one summer week in Branson and another week in Vegas. Overall I was happy with the exchanges but it took me a long time to use them--right up to the expiration dates. If I upgraded to the paid subscription it may help a little. RCI certainly has it's aggravations but I've always been able to find something of interest using the date ranges. With DAE I know you can put in requests but I never really figure out what to ask for since we are pretty flexible on where but have to travel during school holidays. Is there certain areas that DAE specializes in? At this point my RCI TPU's with this resort aren't going to be great unless I combine. Anyone totally LOVING DAE and can give me confidence in depositing again? I tried to do a search on TUG to see what exchanges TUGGERS have gotten from DAE but I get this message: The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common. Help me make a decision!!!
Thank you!
Jackie
HI
We have used them for years with no problems. Did you call them? You can get the name and email of a person and then they will respond to you personally!

Yes, their inventory is smaller than RCI but everything about them is so much better than RCI - and we also use Platinum Interchange -- always a 2nd bonus week for free if you deposit 120 days out. And the same as DAE - no membership fee, lower exchange rates, and personal service. They seem to have a larger inventory in the USA - at least that's how er use them -- Hawaii right now, exchanging with Platinum Interchange, and we have gotten the Washington and Oregon coast with both these companies also.

the DAE deposit advantage is 3 years to exchange and your exchanged vacation week can be AFTER the deposit expiration as long as you book it BEFORE it expires. A great advantage which we have used several times.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
DAE does not have as many exchanges available simply because they are not as big as RCi or II. Having said that, there are areas where DAE is really much better than RCi. Australia and New Zealand are two of those. If i were going to either of those places, I would certainly use DAE. It is also good to use an on-gong search. THey do this much better than RCi. I frequently get CALLS for updates not a form email like RCi.

I am a gold member and they have treated me very well- especially on requests. I have gotten several very nice exchanges. I will admit that my trade into the Florida Keys was less than desireable although it might be better for people with different interests. I do think Gold members get better deals.

For me the real difference is the cost and treatment you get with DAE than with RCI. RCi is absolutely ridiculous when it comes to fees. When you consider they get the exchanges for free from the owners, their costs are outlandish. They are beyond money hungry. They literally gorge on their clients. You also have to keep your eye on RCi. I have voiced my opinion about RCI on here many times. I HATE RCI. Look at all the fees you pay for exchanges and remember they get their inventory for free from our deposits. (That is not entirely true any more since they get rental properties). Also realize there was a law suit that said RCI was eagerly "cherry picking" deposits. So, if it was a nice property, it was never placed for exchange only for rent. So if they get a spring break Bonnet Creek week, it would only be available for rent-not exchange. So they get a hefty fee for a property they were given for free. I'll let you decide if the lawsuit had merit but it was settled by the litigants.

DAE also has some very good promotions like the 2-1 you mention.

I will second everything you say about RCI. I, too, have mentioned on TUG how much I dislike RCI and people were not kind in replying, so I do not say anything more about it. We use Platinum Interchange and DAE and SFX almost exclusively. In fact we are in Hawaii now, three weeks with PI, and one with SFX. Last month 2 weeks in Carlsbad CA with SFX. December, Oregon Coast, Schooner Landing - (which, BTW, was TERRIFIC in December! see my BLOG posting about it) with PI and November in Port Townsend WA at Kala Point, a resort I have wanted in for a long time with DAE. Just booked a Worldmark on the WA coast with DAE.

Obviously I have no hesitations in depositing to the smaller exchange companies, but you do have to be diligent in watching their inventories, although they will search for you. Michael at PI even calls when something comes up that we generally like!

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
What I didn't like from DAE. Was they assigned me someone from Egypt , he called constantly offering me studios that supposedly slept four in very distant places. I finally took a place that turned out to be a dump. They really don't have much inventory and I kept extending my deposit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What I didn't like from DAE. Was they assigned me someone from Egypt , he called constantly offering me studios that supposedly slept four in very distant places. I finally took a place that turned out to be a dump. They really don't have much inventory and I kept extending my deposit.

Incredible , Rap. That has never happened to us and we have used them for 12 years. I think DAE should know this information. Hope you have his name.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
They know about the dump. We went home and they gave us our week back and a year extension. And we did find a decent place to go. I think you have to be searching a lot to catch things, or upgrade with them. I find that the Phoenix staff doesn't know Florida very well, we asked for south Florida and they gave us cocoa beach, but we were happy with it. This may be true of most vacation guides, they don't know all the areas well

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They know about the dump. We went home and they gave us our week back and a year extension. And we did find a decent place to go. I think you have to be searching a lot to catch things, or upgrade with them. I find that the Phoenix staff doesn't know Florida very well, we asked for south Florida and they gave us cocoa beach, but we were happy with it. This may be true of most vacation guides, they don't know all the areas well

RCI counselors are worse! All resorts, according to them when talking in the phone, are "wonderful!" I read all the reviews I can before booking, TUG reviews are the best but also Tripadvisor ( not quite so good since they are not all timeshare travelers). I did get Beso del Sol in Clearwater from DAE and despite reviews, was totally disappointed and will not go again. I find with keeping careful track of the inventory , I get good exchanges with them .

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Haha, we had best del sol and the resort called the day before we were to check in and cancelled on us. They didn't tell DAE they were doing this.

eschjw

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oakmont
I stayed at Beso del Sol in a studio on a DAE exchange several years ago during spring training and would have traded back there again, but only for a larger room. My stay was fine, but I did see the thread about all the problems that had cropped up there.

Seems like DAE and the resort may have had a conflict over the problems that the exchangers had with the resort. This resort no longer shows up for exchanges on DAE.

JackieD

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a DAE counselor they really like since you can request when you call? I've talked to a few different ones in the last couple of years and they were just ok. Any recommendations?