• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Transportation to / from Seattle airport

Ann-Marie

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Summit @ Massunetten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
We are heading to Seattle in June. We will not be renting a car while in downtown Seattle. Does Uber pick up at Seattle airport? Does anyone have any other suggestions for cheap transportation to downtown? We are staying 1 block away from the Space Needle. We will also need transportation back to the airport. Thanks

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is light rail directly from the airport to downtown. I can't speak to how close it gets to Seattle Center (Space Needle), but from the downtown terminal Uber or Taxi will be waaaaay cheaper.

Jim

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Definitely explore using the light rail system from the airport to downtown. Just Google Seattle light rail. From the map it does not appear there's a station right at Seattle Center but I agree that taking Uber or a taxi from the end of the line to your hotel would definitely be cheaper than doing so from the airport.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Yup light rail to Westlake Center station is best cheapest option.
Seattle Center area is quite large, and about a couple miles from downtown Westlake.
Depending upon what side of the Seattle Center your lodging is, you could also take the Seattle Monorail
to the SE side of the Center. Cost is $2.50 one way
But I would personally take a taxi/uber :)

Here are the directions from the Seattle Monorail website, http://www.seattlemonorail.com/about/#route

To get from Sea-Tac Airport to Seattle Center, look for signs in the airport for Sound Transit Link Light Rail. Catch the light rail from Sea-Tac Airport and get off at Westlake Center (the very last stop). From the transit tunnel at Westlake, look for signs for the Monorail, you can take the elevator (with ‘MONORAIL’ written above it) up to to the Westlake Center Monorail station located on the third floor of Westlake Center. Then, you can purchase a Monorail ticket to ride directly to Seattle Center, home of the Space Needle, Pacific Science Center, KeyArena and more! Please keep in mind that the Monorail is cash only, no credit cards please.

Don't forget the EMP Experience Music Project showcase (cause it doesn't quite seem like a museum) at Seattle Center too!

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Another plug for the light rail. I took it from the airport to downtown a few years ago and I think the cost was $2.50.

Ann-Marie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks everyone. Just curious if anyone knows if Uber picks up at the airport if we decide to do that route. Boston airport no longer allows them to pick up at the airport. The taxi service complained too much.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks everyone. Just curious if anyone knows if Uber picks up at the airport if we decide to do that route. Boston airport no longer allows them to pick up at the airport. The taxi service complained too much.
I'll ask around at work and get back to you. There's only 1 licensed cab co allowed to pick up at airport, may very well be like Boston.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
According to Google sources, yes Uber and Lyft can pick up at Sea Tac.

jtp1947

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Marriott, Boston Custom House
We used Uber at Sea-Tac last month. They pick up in the parking structure on level 3 I believe. There are signs directing you to the authorized pick up point. Uber is off site so call about 5 minutes before you get to the pick up spot.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have also used Über at the airport. As mentioned above, there is rideshare pick-up location in level 3 of the parking garage. Follow the signs to the location. When arrive at the pickup location, there will be an airport employee calling out the license plate numbers of the cars as they arrive. Check your phone app for the license number of the car that will pick you up.

I have found that using Über from the airport to my house in Bellevue is about one-third the amount of cab fare.

As mentioned above, your cheapest option is to take the train from SeaTac airport to the Westlake station downtown, then Über from there. I made almost that same trip a couple of months ago using UberX, for $7.81. Be aware that the train station is all the way across the parking garage from the airport entrance. It's not a short walk - walking at a normal pace it takes about ten minutes. For someone burdened with luggage, and perhaps with some health issues, it could be challenging. If you are using luggage carts, you will have to leave the cart behind when you reach the bollards at the entrance to the station. From that point you will have to schlep your luggage the rest of the way, including escalator or elevator.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I read on the Uber site that the Port of Seattle requires certain types of cars for pick-up, ones that get 40+ mpg.
My co-worker says he recalls seeing a lot of Toyota Priuses :), and it's easy for someone to take your Uber car if you and they aren't paying attention to the license #s.

Ann-Marie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow, thanks everyone for the information. We probably will not do the light rail. I have a very bad back and my husband will still be recovering from major neck surgery. We will look into the uber.

nightnurse613

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's been a couple of years but, we took a cruise out of Seattle and used ACES Transportation Services. I think it was about $40 from the airport to the cruise terminal. I don't know what affect UBER and Lyft might have had on those prices.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Wow, thanks everyone for the information. We probably will not do the light rail. I have a very bad back and my husband will still be recovering from major neck surgery. We will look into the uber.
Given those conditions, my suggestion is that you drop some coin and get one of the luggage carts in the baggage claim.

After you collect your luggage, you will need to go up one level, to the mezzanine level, between baggage claim and ticketing. Mezzanine level is where the sky-bridges are between the parking garage and the terminal building. If you have a cart you will need to use one of the elevators.

After you cross the sky-bridge, you will be on level 4 of the garage. Rideshare pickup is on level 3, so you will need to go down one level. If you have rented a cart you will need to take an elevator down; otherwise you can use the escalator if you are comfortable handling your bags on an escalator. Follow the signs to the ride share pickup area. You should be able to leave your luggage cart (if you've rented one) at the ride share pickup location.

Ann-Marie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Given those conditions, my suggestion is that you drop some coin and get one of the luggage carts in the baggage claim.

After you collect your luggage, you will need to go up one level, to the mezzanine level, between baggage claim and ticketing. Mezzanine level is where the sky-bridges are between the parking garage and the terminal building. If you have a cart you will need to use one of the elevators.

After you cross the sky-bridge, you will be on level 4 of the garage. Rideshare pickup is on level 3, so you will need to go down one level. If you have rented a cart you will need to take an elevator down; otherwise you can use the escalator if you are comfortable handling your bags on an escalator. Follow the signs to the ride share pickup area. You should be able to leave your luggage cart (if you've rented one) at the ride share pickup location.

Thanks so much..This will be our plan.

Stressy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Piggybacking on this thread as we are also staying in Seattle in June. Worldmark, The Camlin. It does look as if we can take light rail from Sea Tac to Westlake Center and then easy walk to Camlin?

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Piggybacking on this thread as we are also staying in Seattle in June. Worldmark, The Camlin. It does look as if we can take light rail from Sea Tac to Westlake Center and then easy walk to Camlin?
According to Google maps it's a 7 minute walk. :)

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, it's a 4 & 1/2 block walk from Westlake stn, 5th Ave exit.

But an alternate way with less walking is to get off rail at one of these downtown tunnel stations: International, Pioneer Sq, University or Westlake. Then catch any bus going in same direction to Convention Place station. The Camlin is across the street.

The rail does not stop at Convention Place.

If you're travelling during commuter hours, I suggest making transfer at Int'l stn.
Be sure to get an ORCA transit card at airport stn if you can, to transfer without having to paying additional bus fare.
You'll probably want to take tunnel buses to go downtown attractions too.

BTW the Starbucks premium coffee tasting room is a few blocks up the hill from the Camlin
Enjoy!

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Yes, it's a 4 & 1/2 block walk from Westlake stn, 5th Ave exit.

But an alternate way with less walking is to get off rail at one of these downtown tunnel stations: International, Pioneer Sq, University or Westlake. Then catch any bus going in same direction to Convention Place station. The Camlin is across the street.

The rail does not stop at Convention Place.

If you're travelling during commuter hours, I suggest making transfer at Int'l stn.
Be sure to get an ORCA transit card at airport stn if you can, to transfer without having to paying additional bus fare.
You'll probably want to take tunnel buses to go downtown attractions too.

BTW the Starbucks premium coffee tasting room is a few blocks up the hill from the Camlin
Enjoy!
+1 for the Starbucks Reserve Roastery and Tasting Room which is located at 1124 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101.
Since it's an uphill hike from the Camlin at 1619 9th Ave, you might consider taking Uber or a cab.
For more info see: http://roastery.starbucks.com/

Richard