• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Nuevo Meal Plans

Irish_Reign

Reaction score
I have read that Nuevo offers meal plans. We've been to Riviera Maya the past 2 years and were told there were no meal or all-inclusive plans. Is this new or has Nuevo always offered this?

Is there a link to see the plans before arriving? From what everyone is saying they are very good deals.

Thanks!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
PV & NV Meal plans

Mayan Palace - Puerto Valarta Marina - has had the meal coupon format for a
at least a couple of years . I know the concierge desk explained it to us a couple of visits ago . At that location the resort is in competition with the restaurants in the PV - Marina ( a short walk )

From TUG threads I believe it has been offered in Nuevo for a while as well.

Some ( conspiracy theorist owners ) think Vidanta closed the roadway/walk access to the Nuevo - Marina area to increase their restaurant business . ( Beach walk access is still an option if you wish to walk to the off site local restaurants.

drguy

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Availability of meal plans is highly variable in NV. They are a good deal when they are available, but check before you go if you are counting on them. Not an AI option though.

Irish_Reign

Reaction score
I will definitely contact the concierge before we go. If they are not offering the plan we can just go to the marina and into PV via taxi. Not to mention we don't mind cooking in our unit either.

I'm actually glad it is not an AI. We always stock up on beer and liquor at Mega for the week and do our own drinks for far less money. That way we only buy a few drinks from the resort and usually during happy hour only.

Thanks for the feedback!

dice934

Reaction score
They are offering two different meal coupons right now.

I am going there for two weeks in Dec and I sent an e mail about the meal plan. They sent me back information about these plans that are sold by the Concierge desk.

Here is what they sent me:

Dear Guest
In order to invite you to discover our different restaurants during your stay and offer an attractive promotion we designed
two different Meal Plans, explained as follow:
The first meal plan,
CHACMOL
costs
$1,525.00 pesos**
and includes 6 breakfast buffet coupons to enjoy our different
restaurants.
The second meal plan,
BALAM
costs
$4,690.
00 pesos**
and includes 6 breakfast buffet coupons and 6 either lunch or
dinner coupons to enjoy our different restaurants.
Important
:
You can use your meal plan at participating restaurants within the resort, including the Mayan Palace in Puerto Vallarta.
Breakfast:
Each coupon offers all the ingredients of a Breakfast buffet according to your choice. Additional drinks (sodas, cocktails,
beers etc.) are not included.
Lunch or Dinner:
Each coupon includes an appetizer, a main course and a dessert. Beverages of any kind are not included. Two meal plan
lunch or dinner coupons will be necessary when ordering a main course that normally serves two people.
Some specialty items in various restaurants will require 2 or 3 lunch or dinner coupons.
Examples:
“Peking Duck” dish in Gong requires 2 coupons.
“American lamb chop” requires 2 coupons.
*Please advise your waiter about your Meal Plan coupons prior to ordering.
*Meal Plan coupons cannot be used for Room Service or any Special Events organized within the Resorts such as
Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, etc.
Our Meal Plans do not include beverages nor tips; they are not refundable and cannot be replaced in case of loss.
**Prices are subject to change at any moment.
For more information please feel free to contact Concierge desk.
We look forward to your visit and wish you a pleasant stay.
Cordially,
Erick Santana
Chief Concierge
The Grand Mayan