• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

George Foreman Grill in a studio/hotel room?

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a George Foreman Grill. I love it. It's ceramic and it's very easy to use and clean. So much better than anything else I've ever cooked burgers on.

I was wondering if anyone ever uses one or something like it when they travel. It seems very convenient for when there isn't a stove top. I'm not sure hotel rooms would allow the use of one, either.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
I have not used a George Forman grill but have used an electric fry-pan as well as a small electric kettle and an induction burner on quite a few occasions. I plug any appliance into a surge protector power bar. We keep them in a tote box when not in use so they are out of sight. We usually hang the "Do Not Disturb" sign so hopefully the cleaning staff are not in snooping around.

Sometimes there just isn't a timeshare in or near the city/place we want to visit.

~Diane

Kel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Take it with you. Like Moonstone – we’ve used an electric fry pan a couple of times when we didn't have a full kitchen. Make sure you have good ventilation when using it. You don't want to set off a smoke detector. :) And, we tucked it out of site when we left the room for the day too.

Cheers!

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a George Forman grill BECAUSE of a studio timeshare.

Reservation said partial or mini-kitchen. Turned out to be only fridge, micro and coffee pot. Had made mistake of buying groceries before checking in. Went to Walmart intending to purchase electric skillet, came back with grill. Used it at home thereafter....and laughed as we remembered grilling in bathroom so we could run exhaust fan.

Wgk101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas blvd
Charter Club Marco Island
Flamingo
I have owned timeshares for 7 years and have always taken and used my George Forman on every stay without problem. I have the large George and wouldn't travel without it

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I've used one quite a bit in my former days.....

That thing will stink up a hotel room in mere minutes. If it doesn't bother you, then no big woop. BUT. I've had more than one establishment threaten me with 'cleaning charges' to remove the smell from the room--like smoking--if I didn't cease and desist. I've also popped a breaker once or twice (multiple items on...oops)

It is great, but I agree...ventilation is the key

Rene McDaniel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
George Foreman grills are the best, you can cook just about anything on them. The first time we ever brought one with us was after reading on TUG people were bringing them when staying at the Manhattan Club (Small fridge, kitchen sink, microwave but no cooktop or stove). We stayed 2 weeks there, and it worked out great for us, so we've been using it whenever we go someplace that lacks a cooktop. We usually put down a towel to absorb the heat (keep from damaging anything). You can cook all kinds of things on a George Forman Grill: bacon, bagel, quesadilla, grilled cheese sandwich, boneless chicken breast, pork chops, a thin steak, or even sausages (you can split big ones in half & grill).

Here's a tip: if you turn the George Forman grill upside down you have a flat surface (no ridges), and you can even cook an egg. It may sound gross to some people, but we just can't afford to eat out 3 meals a day for an entire week. So, we will usually do a few things on the George Forman here and there. The best way to do in-room cooking is on the bathroom sink with the door closed between the room & the bathroom. Helps keep the hotel room nice & odor free. The bathroom fan and humidity from the shower can get any cooking odors out, after you are done cooking. Let the grill cool off, then leave it on the towel and put it all inside a drawer.

You know, it's always preferable to have a real kitchen. That's one of the great things about owning timeshares. But we have had several exchanges into places without cooktops - Manhattan Club (twice), Hyatt Chicago, The Mayflower Washington DC. We always try to be respectful about cooking odors, cleaning up, keeping the George Forman out of sight -- and have never had an issue/complaint anywhere we've stayed.

--- Rene

JoyC

TUG Member
Reaction score
such a good idea, I should try next time we travel.

Any recommendation for a travel George Forman. thanks

craftemp

TUG Member
Reaction score
We travel with our Keurig LOL Need those comforts of home

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
LOL, when at the Manhattan Club we bought a $20 toaster and cooked eggs in the microwave.