• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lack of A/C deter you from booking the Cliffs Club?

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
TPI has offered us an exchange at the Cliffs Club for early February next year. We like the Princeville area but know it can get hot (low-mid 80s) in the afternoon. We've tend to use the A/C at other HI resorts in the afternoon for a couple of hours. Would the lack of A/C deter you from booking there?

I know temps in the unit can be fine if you have the trade winds blowing but that doesn't always happen.

We'll be on the BI for the previous 3 weeks & thinking of adding a 4th week on Kauai or Maui but Maui is tough to get. Hold out for Maui or grab it?

happymum

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own there, but have never stayed. Friends that have, did not find the lack of ac a problem.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own there, but have never stayed. Friends that have, did not find the lack of ac a problem.

Thanks! This is a loft unit so does that means it's on the top (3rd?) floor?

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Feburay should be nice and cool. You can get by without AC, especially on the north shore of Kauai. I would try for a unit that is not on the top floor. But, it might not matter because it rains almost every day and that keeps the roof cool.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We called the resort and found out the loft units are all on the 3rd floor so, since my wife has trouble walking up stairs, we decided to cancel our hold. We'll hold out for something more suitable. Thanks for the replies.

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
We called the resort and found out the loft units are all on the 3rd floor so, since my wife has trouble walking up stairs, we decided to cancel our hold. We'll hold out for something more suitable. Thanks for the replies.

Try for something on the south shore because it rains way more often on the north shore, especially during the winter.

Kona Lovers

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Ka Eo Kai once and were stuck in an area where there was no breeze, and no AC. Never again.

vbk

TUG Member
Reaction score
CC

Not sure if you already booked but I've stayed there without a heat problem. I'm pretty sensitive to the heat. If you can request a few weeks before from the front desk, ask for buildings 8 or 9, if available. Enjoy!

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
not going to Kauai

We have decided to skip the Cliffs Club because of no elevator. My wife has a problem with stairs & there is little chance of us getting a 1st floor unit.

Thanks for all the replies.

waj80831

Reaction score
We have stayed at the Cliffs numerous times as we own there. A/C has never been an issue. Just open the lanai doors on each end and there is plenty of breeze from the Tradewinds.