• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help Cricket phone users

Bill4728

Reaction score
Hi

When you sign up for the mobile phone service "Cricket" you are charged $25 / person sign up fee.

BUT if a current cricket user refers you you get a $25 credit on your next bill AND the person who refer you gets a $25 credit also.

We want to sign up but need a referral

Anyone??

TIA

Bill

PS anyone interested in switching can save about $8/line by ordering your new sim card online from Amazon

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
so you could sign up, pay the $25 and then refer a new customer to them

I almost signed on with them because they offer unlimited data, but I needed an I-phone that used the At&T network, and I really didnt need unlimited data... and the $750 for a new Iphone was more than I wanted to spend at the time...

Things have changed for me and that unlimited data thing will save me a bundle now. so back off to the Cricket store.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Don't know much about Cricket, what are their strong and weak points?
They use the ATT network and have several flat rate plans

We are signing up for 5 lines at $50 /line each has unlimited call and text as well as 5 gb of data /line/month BUT the big reason we are signing up is the rebate on extra lines: $10 on the second line, $20 on the third line, $30 on the fourth line and $40 on the fifth line (total of $100) so our $250 monthly bill will only be $150 (( previously we paid over $320 for the five lines and had no free service in Canada) AND we get free service in the US, Canada and mexico not just the US

The only thing is that there is a $25 /line fee to sign up BUT if a current cricket user refers us, we get a $25/line credit on our second the months bill AND the person to refer us also get the $25/line credit on their bill

Thanks ACE2000 for the referral

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I guess our Verizon phones won't work on their network?

no it wont Neither will my sprint configured I-phone..

They will be happy to sell you a new phone. or you can bring one you already own or buy on ebay or some other source of used equipment

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I guess our Verizon phones won't work on their network?

We switched from Verizon to Cricket and every one of our phones converted fine. If you want to know for sure, stop by the store and ask them to test it with their sim chip. We converted three iPhones 5s and one Samsung Galaxy 4.

Converting to Cricket has turned out to be a great decision for us and we have saved over $100/month with our 4-lines. Verizon is definitely better in some ways, but the difference in price is not worth it.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Since my life is moving in a new direction, I need to start saving money. Can someone send me a referral. Thanks

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about Cricket, but we have 4 lines on T-Mobile for less than $100. Each line has unlimited talk and text and 2GB LTE before being throttled to unlimited 2/3G.
Only posting as a possible low cost alternative for some.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
You can get 5 lines with 6Gb data each on T-mobile for $140. If some need only 2Gb, take off $15 for that line (each line can have a different limit). As Elan mentioned, if you run out of high-speed data, you still get 2G data for the rest of the month. Canada and Mexico are free, also with high-speed data. And much better deal than others if you travel overseas.

Your unlocked AT&T phone will work on T-mobile. No activation fee, either.

Last edited:

Bill4728

Reaction score
WE switched to Cricket because we wanted to stay with the ATT network BUT it sounds like T Mobile would have been a good choice too

Sugarcubesea I'll send you an PM / Email with the referral info

durrod

Reaction score
For what I see on their website, the 25 activation charge it's Free online.

johnluyando

Reaction score
I've been a big supporter of Cricket Wireless. I assembled a "group" of 5 lines in which we take 3. Each member pays only $20 per line. Not bad for being on the ATT network. Check out Howard Forums for a referral or PM me and I'll get one out to you. If you sign up on line, there isn't a $25 fee. I have no complaints and highly recommend the service.

FlyKaesan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use cricket and it has been great.

I sent you refer email.

Let me know if anyone else is interested.

Thank you.