• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Effect of devalued CAN $ on RCI membership fees

dreamin

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
My RCI membership expires at the end of the year. With the Canadian dollar devalued to .79 to the USD, do you think RCI will be increasing membership fees for Canadians? Have they done this historically? It's currently $155 CAN per year.

matbec

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi. RCI tends to adjust all their fees for Canadian members about twice a year. Currently I'm seeing renewal rates in CAD$ as follows:

1 yr: $124
2 yrs: $224
3 yrs: $312
5 yrs: $500

Exchange fees and other fees also get adjusted at the same time. It would not surprise me if RCI makes that adjustment sometime soon, particularly with the dollar tanking.

Hope that helps.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Yes they do adjust their rates -but not always in a timely fashion. A few years ago when our dollar was at $1.07 we had to renew our membership. RCI was still charging Canadians more than the US rate. When I called and told the VC that our dollar was worth more than the US dollar & she said 'that's not possible'!!:wall: I asked to speak to a supervisor & got a better rate!

~Diane

dreamin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a Points account and my renewal rates are:

1 year - $155
2 years - $286
3 years - $402

A 5 year rate is not offered. So I'm assuming your rates are for a Weeks account.

matbec

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi. Yes, I do have a Weeks account. I notice that this link on the RCI website takes you to the CAD$ fees for the Points side, which lists the following fees:

1 YR $155
2 YRS $286
3 YRS $402
4 YRS $512
5 YRS $625

As moonstone mentioned earlier, RCI doesn't always react in a timely fashion to the changing foreign exchange rates, but eventually they do. Sometimes it works in your favour, most times it doesn't. :(

dreamin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I spoke to RCI and and was told that they reassess the exchange rate on a quarterly basis. The rates were just increased on April 1st. The reservation fee also went up. A Points reservation is now $234 and a Weeks reservation is $289. If our Canadian dollar improves in the next quarter, I doubt very much that RCI will lower their fees. I've only seen increases. These fees plus the lower value of our dollar is certainly going to have an effect on my vacation planning this year. We will be travelling less unfortunately.

eal

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
I no longer exchange via RCI - all my other exchange companies have lower rates and I pay in US $ - they do not set the exchange rate the way RCI does. It's called pricing yourself out of the market!